Author Topic: [Solved] iPhone 3G Free Unlock Baseband 05.15.04 05.14.02 - No Service Searching  (Read 314735 times)

Offline PierreP

• WD FAQ Maker
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Everything is Relative
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 3G
  • My Computer: Windows
... means to make our phone unlockable, restoring to 3.1.3 is inevitable...

Absolutely false except if your are in the situation as described in step 3g.

I guess you did not read post #1.  ::)

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
  • My Computer: Linux
Well, you could unlock it on 4.2.1, but it would be pointless if you were going to restore to whited00r (which is why you posted in this thread right?  ;)  )

Offline alexino11

• Whited00r iPod iPhone User
    • View Profile
Well, you could unlock it on 4.2.1, but it would be pointless if you were going to restore to whited00r (which is why you posted in this thread right?  ;)  )

You got Me, hehe.
ok another question,
I updated to 6.15 BB using the custom iOS presented in http://www.whited00r.com/tutorial-downgrade3g
now while i'm trying to downgrade to 5.12, while i'm putting my phone on DFU mode it just goes black for a while, although Redsn0w says done and setup continues on phone now. nothing happens for a while and iPhone goes off after few mins, and when i'm turning it back on, it's like nothing happened.
I must add that I'm using the 4.2.1 i downloaded a while ago for this downgrading progress, it's the one that upgraded my baseband to 5.15.04, could that be the reason it's not working?
« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 02:18:25 PM by alexino11 »

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
That has happened to a few people, although normally it freezes the device.  So the baseband is still 06.15.00 in the settings after you try to downgrade?  Can you try a different USB port or cable?  (sounds silly, but sometimes this is the cause.). If you can't, no worries there, will try other ideas :)

Offline alexino11

• View Profile
That has happened to a few people, although normally it freezes the device.  So the baseband is still 06.15.00 in the settings after you try to downgrade?  Can you try a different USB port or cable?  (sounds silly, but sometimes this is the cause.). If you can't, no worries there, will try other ideas :)

Yeah that's what happening, Freezes a little then turns off. screen is black all the time (not off). and when it comes back it's still bb 6.15, i tried a different process, like enabling Battery Percentage. didn't work either, i guess the DFU mode has a problem?, i tried with different cables, different ports. i'll keep trying though.

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
I know that, but for people who it freezes for, it never turns off by itself (they have left it for over an hour but no change).

Try a different redsn0w version, the other one linked in the first post of this thread.  Also, make sure you are running as administrator if you are using anything higher than windows XP (what version are you using?).

Offline alexino11

• View Profile
I know that, but for people who it freezes for, it never turns off by itself (they have left it for over an hour but no change).

Try a different redsn0w version, the other one linked in the first post of this thread.  Also, make sure you are running as administrator if you are using anything higher than windows XP (what version are you using?).

i tried with redsn0w_win_0.9.14b2 and redsn0w_win_0.9.15b3
I had no problem with DFU mode last night (before i updated to 6.15) although it failed a couple times before.
and i'm using win XP

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
It isn't a DFU mode problem, it is a downgrading from the baseband problem :/ 

Try restoring to the custom firmware with the 06.15.00 baseband (because you can't restore to stock 4.2.1 because of the baseband), and try again. It could have just been a one off thing. 

Offline alexino11

• View Profile
It isn't a DFU mode problem, it is a downgrading from the baseband problem :/ 

Try restoring to the custom firmware with the 06.15.00 baseband (because you can't restore to stock 4.2.1 because of the baseband), and try again. It could have just been a one off thing.

I'm doing that right now,
well it didn't work for different processes like enabling Cydia or Battery Percentage either. so i'd say it's not just the Downgrade. and yeah :/

Ok i found the problem, no solution though. it works fine with lower version of Redsn0w. i gotta dig into this, or i won't be able to sleep tonight :D
« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 04:05:13 PM by alexino11 »

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
Oh, well that is odd :o  So it could have been your version of redsn0w O.o  Well, both of them actually :o  (neither of them worked right?).

So the "Extras" -> "Downgrade from iPad baseband" option never works on either of them?  Which version of Redsn0w worked for the other things for you?

Offline alexino11

• View Profile
Oh, well that is odd :o  So it could have been your version of redsn0w O.o  Well, both of them actually :o  (neither of them worked right?).

So the "Extras" -> "Downgrade from iPad baseband" option never works on either of them?  Which version of Redsn0w worked for the other things for you?

Can't say they didn't work though they didn't "work" Per se. but before i find this tutorial and all, i thought i could use latest version of redsn0w  to downgrade straight from Baseband 5.15 to 5.13, i tried it with redsn0w 9.15b3 data downloaded well into the iPhone but it didn't work indeed. right now 9.6b4 worked so far.

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
I know the latest redsn0w doesn't work for it sadly, but the version 0.9.14b2 should work for the 3G :o   I have never had anyone have the issue where it does nothing at all. :( 

Offline alexino11

• View Profile
I know the latest redsn0w doesn't work for it sadly, but the version 0.9.14b2 should work for the 3G :o   I have never had anyone have the issue where it does nothing at all. :(

Ok i'm downloading every single Redsn0w that there is, one of them has to work.

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
Well, I wouldn't download every single version. Only download the ones that have the downgrade from iPad baseband option.  (Not sure the first version that had that in it, I would have to google that one and get back to you).

The first version to have the downgrade option was 0.9.14b1.

Offline alexino11

• View Profile
Well, I wouldn't download every single version. Only download the ones that have the downgrade from iPad baseband option.  (Not sure the first version that had that in it, I would have to google that one and get back to you).

Well i meant from latest versions down to where it stops having that option ;).