Author Topic: D00rStand BETA  (Read 13787 times)

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
  • Device: iPhone 3G
  • My Computer: Linux
Re: D00rStand BETA
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2013, 06:35:34 PM »
the apps have urls that would open them.  I can't tell you specifically what apps have them.  look in the Info.plist of the app you want to launch and see if it has urlschemes.   

Just an example, I don't actually know any of these:
Twitter would be twitter://
Facebook would be facebook://
itunes would be itunes://
Contacts would be AddressBook://

and so on and so forth. Those probably won't work except for twitter and itunes.   

Offline cad111

• whited00r.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2013, 02:25:59 AM »
why you just make another folder like ios 3 folders but with newsstand background ? i think it is more eficient and more easy to do!

Offline cad111

• whited00r.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2013, 02:28:15 AM »
if you make your d00rstand  just another folder like other but with newsstand background it will be a perfect newsstand and just add a button to open 3store !im not good on mobile substrate ,but if i know how to make it i will make something like that..

Offline cad111

• whited00r.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2013, 02:32:37 AM »
you already did the whole interface newsstand, just use the normal function iOS3 folders for grouping apps in it. you think you can do that? thus you eliminate the error of the keyboard and had used less ram! i think people will like more thatn rss newsstand...think about it!

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2013, 03:02:07 AM »
This one scrolls though ;) it isnt a folder on the springboard. I could do something by hooking into the folders in whited00r, but you would be limited to the amount of apps you can have.

Offline cad111

• whited00r.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2013, 04:30:54 AM »
I think much more useful a folder to arquiver apps   than a rss  reader .i'm sure many members agree with me, you already created the perfect interface newsstand, just change the function to group apps like folders iOS3,and it will use minor memory ram : )
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 04:32:53 AM by cad111 »

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2013, 04:55:21 AM »
that would require a drag and drop interface, quite possibly conflicting with the folders in use in whited00r.  (if I'm understanding you right)

Offline cad111

• whited00r.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2013, 02:24:46 PM »
Yes,but try make this ,and see if will have conflit! I have some reader apps that i can uploud to apptimemachine to make a newsstand categorie!

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2013, 03:35:48 PM »
But those are pdf readers, not news things :/ what you are talking about sounds more like an iBook folder, unless im missing something.
Also, if I used this interface, which scrolls and everything, to contain apps, as well as drag and drop them in, that would take up a lot more ram than it does already, needing to load the info for the apps.  The way it is now, with just links to other things is lighter. I can look into it, but I doubt I can do drag and drop.

Offline cad111

• whited00r.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2013, 04:28:34 AM »
disable scroll and use folder action : )

Offline tartilc

• SuperHero Member
  • The Only Member That <3s Potatoes ;D
    • View Profile
    • TC Trapper
  • Device: iPod Touch 2G
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2013, 04:39:45 AM »
My iPod has not been with me for quite a bit of time, and still will not be for another week or so. :( I really would have liked to install this and check it out, because this was one of my most anticipated features that I wanted. I am forced to wait impatiently for it to be returned to me. :'( Thank you very much bcoppizcool for this app! ;D I will definitely use this app all the time once it is installed! In the mean time, could anyone who has the app installed please attach a few screenshots? I really would like to see how it looks and/or functions! :)
404 Signature Fail :(

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2013, 04:44:01 AM »
Do you have a twitter? I can send some older screenshots to you if so :)   

@cad111 well that takes away the need for a newsstand ;) what you want is just a simple folder theme, which i think soltmeal figured out a while ago how to do.

Offline tartilc

• SuperHero Member
    • View Profile
    • TC Trapper
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2013, 05:29:01 AM »
Yes, I do have Twitter! My handle is quite obvious. :D Same name as here! As a matter of fact, I am following you already. :) Thank you in advance!
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 05:30:50 AM by tartilc »

Offline tartilc

• SuperHero Member
    • View Profile
    • TC Trapper
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2013, 05:50:39 AM »
I believe I found those images you were talking about! It looks very good! I really like it! I have two questions from looking at it right away though. I was wondering what technique you used to make the background transparent to the springboard. I was trying to do this myself (I made a Newsstand app myself, but I didn't think it was good enough at all to post), but kept failing. I actually had an idea for my app to take a screenshot of the springboard before opening, but even that proved very hard, so I eventually gave up, mainly due to my app not being satisfactory at all. :( I really, really like yours! Another question I had was if the newsstand area could somehow be moved around a little. Like if it were possible to align it to whichever row the Newsstand app icon is in. Those are my only questions really after looking at it. It looks awesome! Thanks for another one of your great apps! ;D

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2013, 07:04:21 AM »
This isnt an app ;)  i made a tweak :) so when it opens, it it getting the actual picture from the springboard. (Thanks to bensge for his github code which had partially working animations that i fixed to work for me).  As for opening it where the icon is, i think i could work on that later on :)