Author Topic: [Tutorial] How to install Whited00r 6 on iPhone 3G Factory Unlocked  (Read 46496 times)

Offline germangabrielwle

• Best One
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 3G
  • My Computer: Windows
Hi, first thanks for the awesome custom iOS!! Here I post how install whited00r 6.0 on iPhone 3G (FACTORY UNLOCKED!!) remember this because this tutorial is only for factory unlocked iPhone!
(Pd. My first language it's not English, and Iím actually trying to write this tutorial in English without Google translate)

FIRST FIRST thing you need to do is backup your contacts, I recommend to use Google Contacts.

[Tutorial] Backup Apps & Data BEFORE Upgrading iOS Firmware WD 6 3.1.3 4.1 4.2.1

Then check your baseband with the free f0rcast. If you have the bad baseband 05.15.04 or 6.15.00 go here to downgrade it and come back here after it is done:

[Solved] whited00r 6 iPhone 3G NO SERVICE NO NETWORK Baseband 05.15.04 - What to do if you have that baseband and want to install whited00r 6.

[Solved] iPhone 3G iOS 4.2.1 Stuck in Baseband 05.15.04 - No Service

1. First for all, update your iPhone 3G to iOS 4.2.1 with iTunes.

2. Download iOS 3.1.2, TinyUmbrella (Windows or OSX Mac version), iREB (Windows only), Spirit and custom firmware Whited00r Normal version for iPhone 3G.

Please download Whited00r Normal version if you can legitimately activate you device via iTunes AND you donít need carrier unlock. If you donít need carrier unlock there could be two possibilities: or your device is factory unlocked (as Italian iPhone 3G) or you are using the iPhone with the official carrier that sold you the device.

All other users should choose Whited00r Unlocked firmwares because they need carrier unlock. Whited00r firmwares preserve your iPhone 3G baseband.

PierreP note: if you use the Normal version you will not have the APN settings panel which is practical when using some other SIM's (like prepaid without data plan) to enable or disable 3G Data. This is why I prefer the Whited00r Unlocked version:

3. Then connect you iPhone and open TinyUmbrella and click OK in the warnings, then click in "START TSS SERVER".(don't close TinyUmbrella). PierreP note: If you get a "Cannot Start TSS Service" error like I got on my Windows 7 64-bit: Run services.msc and stop the Service W3SVC - World Wide Web Publishing Service because it is using the same port that Tiny Umbrella needs to run TSS Server, therefore causing the error. No worries, it will re-enable itself after rebooting your computer. Still have the TSS Server error? Then go here or here for other methods to fix the issue.

4. In the iPhone menu (iTunes) click in Shift (in your keyboard) and then in the Restore button, and then search your iOS 3.1.2, and wait.

5. When is completed, in iTunes will appear an error, click OK and close it.

6. Open TinyUmbrella and click "Stop tss server" and then in the left menu it will say "Recovered Phones" or something like that.

7. Select your iPhone and click in "Exit Recovery" and your iPhone will restart, and then start normally (with iOS 3.1.2).

8. Disconnect and reconnect your iPhone (iTunes will recognize it).

9. Then open spirit (*Important: If you have Windows 7 you may need to run Spirit in compatibility mode for Windows 98. Before launching right click Spirit.exe and select Properties from the contextual menu. Then from the Compatibility tab select Windows 98 from the Compatibility Mode drop-down. Click Apply then Ok).

10. Then click in the Jailbreak button.

11. And then your iPhone will reboot and showing this progress indicator.

12. Now you have a iPhone 3G with iOS 3.1.2 with jailbreak.

13. Now close iTunes and open iREB and use it to put your device into Pwned DFU and close iREB after success.
(If you have a problem putting your iPhone in Pwned DFU, because you have a mistake with the time counter and get this
screen: disconnect/reconnect the iPhone & close iTunes if it starts automatically & try again with iREB. If you get the screen again, close iTunes and click the Recovery Mode Loop Fixer in iREB. If it does not work, open TinyUmbrella again and then click on "Exit recovery" and your iPhone with reboot and start normally, then try again).

14. Now open iTunes and do the Shift+Recovery, select whited00r 6.0 and wait.
15. FINALLY you have a iPhone 3G with whited00r 6.

Maybe your computer may not recognize your iPhone, then change the cable to another USB port on your computer, and all will be Normal

I recommend to disable Voice control because it get problems with block/home button, If you have problems because you activated the voice control, and your block/home button is taking photos of the screen, only hold the block button like 4 secs and release, and you phone will be normal again :)

I wrote this because my iPhone was getting iTunes errors 1604 and 1600 and things like that, and I searched a lot of times and nothings helped me.

Bye !

______
Moderator PierreP edit: fixed some links, added some steps, scree capture & fixed some typos.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 04:20:21 PM by PierreP »
I'm the beeeeeeeeest !

Offline PierreP

• WD FAQ Maker
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Everything is Relative
    • View Profile
Re: HOW install Whited00r 6.0 in IPHONE 3G (Factory Unlocked)
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2013, 04:42:24 AM »
Thank you germangabrielwle for taking the time to post this.  8)

Offline Tiger

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile
Re: [Tutorial] How to install Whited00r 6 on iPhone 3G Factory Unlocked
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2013, 07:02:43 PM »
I do what you suggest but i still have de 1600 error when i try to install the WD6  :-\

When you install de WD you shutdown de internet connections ?

Offline cad111

• whited00r.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2013, 07:46:09 PM »
anything that is not necessary! just to upgrade iphone 3g 4.2.1 (custom 4.2.1 if you are using ipad baseband), use redsn0wn to pwndfu and install WD6! just that!

Offline PierreP

• WD FAQ Maker
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Everything is Relative
    • View Profile
Re: Whited00r 6 Error 1600 - Use iREB!
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2013, 09:31:50 PM »
I do what you suggest but i still have de 1600 error when i try to install the WD6  :-\ ...

Use iReb (Mac or Windows) to put the iPhone in iReb PWNED DFU mode before using iTunes to update to the whited00r 6 firmware to prevent iTunes errors 1015, 16xx, 1600, 1601, 1602, 1603 & 1604.

=====

f0recast is a great simple free standalone tool to instantly find essential iPhone info including bootloader version and baseband. Works on Mac & Windows!

I just connected my iPhone 3G to my PC with iTunes closed, started the standalone (means no install required) f0recast and it gave me all the essential infos about the iPhone:

Download the free f0recast as well as the free standalone iReb here: http://ih8sn0w.com/

Offline daannijhof

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2013, 04:13:31 PM »
What's the difference between installing WD6 on a factory unlocked iphone and installing WD 6 on an iPhone wich is NOT factory unlocked?
And how do I know if my iPhone is factory unlocked or not?
It's the old iPhone of my father and then my sister (so it's a long time ago my father bought it) and my own iPhone 3GS is broken. So now I have to live for 4 weeks with this thing and I want to have whatsapp again.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 04:17:35 PM by daannijhof »

Offline PierreP

• WD FAQ Maker
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Everything is Relative
    • View Profile
Re: Whited00r 6 Installation Questions
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2013, 06:08:16 PM »
What's the difference between installing WD6 on a factory unlocked iphone and installing WD 6 on an iPhone wich is NOT factory unlocked?
And how do I know if my iPhone is factory unlocked or not?
It's the old iPhone of my father and then my sister (so it's a long time ago my father bought it) and my own iPhone 3GS is broken. So now I have to live for 4 weeks with this thing and I want to have whatsapp again.

"What's the difference between installing WD6 on a factory unlocked iphone and installing WD 6 on an iPhone wich is NOT factory unlocked?" - whited00r Tutorial - Installation

"...how do I know if my iPhone is factory unlocked or not?" - Free iTools or iFunbox. Or how do I know if my "iPhone 3G" is factory unlocked or not

"...I want to have whatsapp again." - Forgetaboutit: [50% Solved] WhatsApp WD6 Problem - Partially Working Update!

Post in the Troubleshooting forum if you have a problem after reading the tutorials. This thread is in the Tutorial forum.

Read the sticky (it means a thread pinned at the top of the forum list) Whited00r 6 - FAQ & Troubleshooting - READ BEFORE POSTING!

If you have a whited00r installation problem essential info needed so we can help you as described in WD 6: Tips to Quickly Solve your Problems/Bugs & Get Answers FAST!

1- Device model and the current iOS firmware you have on it. Is it already jailbroken and unlocked or not?
2- Your Baseband & Bootloader versions.
3- Are you on Mac or Windows OS version?  iTunes version?

f0recast is a simple free standalone tool to instantly find essential iPhone info including Bootloader version and baseband. Works on Mac & Windows. Download the free f0recast & iREB tools here: http://ih8sn0w.com/

I just connected my iPhone 3G to my computer with iTunes closed, started the small standalone (means no install required) f0recast and it gave me all the essential info about the iPhone:

Offline Andy

• A Mod. I think.
  • Global Moderator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Whited00r 7
    • View Profile
    • Whited00r
  • My Computer: Mac
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2013, 06:28:51 AM »
Just got the 1600 Error. And saw this post. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!
Also, do I have to download 3.1.2? or can 3.1.3 Firmware work at Step 2.
I'm urgently restoring my 3G and internet is slow when downloading iOS IPSW files.
Oh yes. Hi.
I see you've noticed this Signature. Well, all I can tell you is that there's nothing to see here.
Yes, there is nothing interesting here. Just keep scrolling and we'll pretend nothing happened.

Offline PierreP

• WD FAQ Maker
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Everything is Relative
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2013, 08:10:06 AM »
I'm urgently restoring my 3G and internet is slow when downloading iOS IPSW files.

The man wrote exactly what worked for him.

Why mess up by changing one step?  :o

Offline Andy

• A Mod. I think.
  • Global Moderator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Whited00r 7
    • View Profile
    • Whited00r
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2013, 12:06:35 PM »

The man wrote exactly what worked for him.

Why mess up by changing one step?  :o

Didn't meant to mess up. But the iOS IPSW takes like extremely long time to download. especially older firmwares. Newer ones (iOS6) takes like 3 minutes.
Now, But now I finally did it!! :D
This saved me xD [size=78%] [/size]
Oh yes. Hi.
I see you've noticed this Signature. Well, all I can tell you is that there's nothing to see here.
Yes, there is nothing interesting here. Just keep scrolling and we'll pretend nothing happened.

Offline benefactor

• Whited00r iPod iPhone User
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2013, 12:08:00 PM »
Hello,

I am now confused which tutorial to follow. I have iphone 3g factory unlocked, and it is jailbroken with redsn0w. And it is upgraded to 4.2.1

Now, should I follow this tutorial http://www.whited00r.com/installation and just install .ipsw in itunes?

Or should I follow the tutorial from the first post here with all these apps?

Or should I maybe use redsn0w again and jailbreak my device again but with whited00r ipsw?

And one off topic question: Do you think that Viber works faster with whited00r than with proper 4.2.1?

Thanks

Offline PierreP

• WD FAQ Maker
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Everything is Relative
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2013, 05:05:33 PM »
Hello,

I am now confused which tutorial to follow. I have iphone 3g factory unlocked, and it is jailbroken with redsn0w. And it is upgraded to 4.2.1

Now, should I follow this tutorial http://www.whited00r.com/installation and just install .ipsw in itunes?..

Welcome to the Whited00r forum!  8)

As per post #1, step 2 after doing a backup is: what is your Modem Firmware a.k.a Baseband?

You can use f0rcast for that. Download the free f0recast (Mac & Windows) & iREB (Windows only) tools here: http://ih8sn0w.com/

Are you on a Mac or Windows as they don't require the same steps/tools?

If you have a whited00r installation problem essential info needed so we can help you as described in WD 6: Tips to Quickly Solve your Problems/Bugs & Get Answers FAST!

1- Device model and the current iOS firmware you have on it. Is it already jailbroken and unlocked or not?
2- Your Baseband & Bootloader versions.
3- Are you on Mac or Windows OS version?  iTunes version?

Offline mattewre

• Whited00r Founder
  • Administrator
  • Whited00r Founder
    • View Profile
    • www.whited00r.com
  • Device: iPhone 2G
Intallation Wizard for iPhone 3G Normal (factory Unlocked)
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2013, 05:51:34 PM »
Hello,

Hi,
there are different way to install whited00r.

This is the normal installation guide that user should try to follow as first step.
http://www.whited00r.com/installation
You could be lucky and you could install Whited00r with this guide.

But if you get some errors from iTunes, you have to follow a bit more complex tutorials.
We are working on an Installation Wizard: http://www.whited00r.com/tutorial-installationwizard
Please try the method you can find here (for iPhone 3G Normal, since your device is factory unlocked) and give us feedback. This will help us to provide a better tutorial to other users with iPhone 3G Normal like yours.

Moreover, as PierreP suggested, please provide some info about your device (I guess 5.14.04 since your device is factory unlocked) and  the Operative System you are using
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 05:54:05 PM by mattewre »
iPhone 2G Unlocker, iPhone 3G Normal, iPod Touch 2G MB, iPod Touch 2G MC

Offline benefactor

• Whited00r iPod iPhone User
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2013, 07:17:48 PM »
So, i have followed the official tutorial, everything went fine except that now i have no service. And that is weird because it is factory unlocked and I can use any sim card.

It is 5.14.04 and i use windows 7.

Everything worked fine when i jailbreak it first time
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 07:42:50 PM by benefactor »

Offline mattewre

• Whited00r Founder
  • Administrator
  • Whited00r Founder
    • View Profile
    • www.whited00r.com
  • Device: iPhone 2G
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2013, 07:59:53 PM »
So, i have followed the official tutorial, everything went fine except that now i have no service. And that is weird because it is factory unlocked and I can use any sim card.

It is 5.14.04 and i use windows 7.

Everything worked fine when i jailbreak it first time

I assume you installed the Whited00r Unlocked firmware instead of the Normal one. Right? Try again with the normal one. Let me know
iPhone 2G Unlocker, iPhone 3G Normal, iPod Touch 2G MB, iPod Touch 2G MC