Author Topic: [Solved] whited00r 6 iPhone 3G NO SERVICE NO NETWORK Baseband 05.15.04  (Read 74151 times)

Offline madxface

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile
Edit 2013-04-11 by PierreP: Try first the Whited00r tutorial - Downgrade iPad Baseband on iPhone 3G to Unlock which includes a custom firmware to automatically upgrade to unlockable baseband 06.15.00 and if you still have problems then try this tutorial: [Solved] iPhone 3G iOS 4.2.1 Free Unlock Baseband 05.15.04 05.14.02 - No Service

If your iPhone 3G is Factory Unlocked, you do not have to upgrade/downgrade your Baseband 05.15.04 because the point of this process is to be able to carrier unlock it to be able to use SIM's from any cellular provider. Just follow the instructions here: Whited00r Installation Tutorial and install Whited00r Normal Version.

All other users, follow the tutorial below to free unlock your iPhone 3G on Modem Firmware 05.15.04 (a.k.a. Baseband or BB).

Guys, lot of us have issue with NO SERVICE after Whited00r 6 upgrade because we have the dreaded Baseband 05.15.04 on our iPhone 3G. After week I came with solution, at least it helps me

If you followed this video tutorial carefully http://youtu.be/Dlni70lFIy8 and your iPhone 3G is/was carrier locked (doesn't matter if its unlocked before upgrade) it's 80% chance you will get NO SERVICE ERROR and your baseband is 05.15.04, or something higher than 05.14...

SOLUTION A):
Install whited00r 6 UNLOCKED , if you have NO SERVICE, go to AppStore/Cydia/ultrasn0w > remove ultrasn0w > respring Cydia > install ultrasn0w > turn off iPhone > insert sim card and turn on device. Service should be found within 200 seconds. WORKS!

Doesn't work?

SOLUTION B)
1. Restore it in iTunes with iOS 4.2.1. official firmware
2. Unlock it with Redsn0w 0.9.6b6 [please note newer versions of Redsn0w 0.9.6... may crash ]. We Will be updating to 6.15.00 & Unlock Using Ultrasn0w http://youtu.be/eBum96agsWY
3.  Downgrade 6.15.00 Baseband to 5.13.04 with Redsn0w 0.9.14b2 http://youtu.be/srrXFHRZH9U - you should have service now!!!
4. Install whited00r 6 UNLOCKED custom firmware in iTunes (restore with SHIFT key) - whited00r 6 preserves your baseband, so you will stay on 5.13.04. DO NOT RESTORE with OFFICIAL FIRMWARE AFTER DOWNGRADING as it's advised in http://youtu.be/Dlni70lFIy8
5. ENJOY & post your feedback here to help the whited00r community!!!

Moderator note: Edited thread title to add relevant keywords as described in WD 6: Tips to Quickly Solve your Problems/Bugs & Get Answers FAST!, typos and also the broken video links. Added iREB screen capture with tips.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 12:07:12 AM by PierreP »

Offline momircar11

• SuperHero Member
  • Whited00r User
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 3G
  • My Computer: Windows
Re: [SOLVED] whited00r 6 Iphone 3G NO SERVICE/NO MOBILE NETWORK/05.15.04
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2013, 11:55:35 AM »
Try this it worked for me :)
1. Install ios 4.1
2. Jailbreak (check Cydia and activate ONLY)
3. Go to redsn0w again, click Jailbreak, and only check Install iPad baseband
4. When phone reboots, go to redsn0w and click Jailbreak (again -_-) and only check Downgrade from iPad baseband
5. Install WD 6 unlocked
DONE! :D
iPhone 3G (8GB) - WD 6.0

Offline PierreP

• WD FAQ Maker
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Everything is Relative
    • View Profile
Re: [SOLVED] whited00r 6 Iphone 3G NO SERVICE/NO MOBILE NETWORK/05.15.04
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2013, 04:13:36 AM »
Thank you madxface & momircar11 for taking the time to share your solutions!  8)

There is also this by hallowgram for those who cannot solve the problem using the tips above: [SOLVED] iPhone 3G iOS 4.2.1 Stuck in Baseband 05.15.04

Offline palimadra

• Whited00r iPhone 3g users
    • View Profile
Worked for me though after a few tries. Be patient and keep trying and you will get there. I was using iPhone 3G
An online marketing professional, WordPress fan, web developer and web designer.

Offline PierreP

• WD FAQ Maker
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Everything is Relative
    • View Profile
Worked for me though after a few tries. Be patient and keep trying and you will get there. I was using iPhone 3G

Welcome to the Whited00r forum!  8)

Thank you palimadra for reporting back but if you could say which steps you followed or simply copy/paste the steps you did exactly it could help other Whited00r users with the same problem.

When you say "keep trying", which steps did you have to repeat to make them stick?  :o