Author Topic: [SOLVED] iPhone 3G iTunes Error 3014 - Bricked? No Signal Baseband 05.15.04  (Read 23664 times)

Offline pictom

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile
I've been working on this phone for about a month now and as of today, I can not even get it to turn on.
Trying to make this as short as possible: I jailbroke the phone but never was able to unlock it. I finally went to ebay and purchased an unlock for $2. That reverted back to a non jailbroke phone.
I started over again but since I used every jailbreak out there to try to get the phone unlocked I could not remember which one had the AppTimeMachine. Without that app, there's no point in having a jailbroke phone. After I unlocked the phone, I was able to get it jailbroke twice but had to use iTunes to revert back to factory settings.
I finally realized it is Whited00r that I want.
I have followed many many instructions but the phone will not jailbreak and as of this morning, it will not even revert back on iTunes. It will not turn on. The iTunes error message I get is error 3014.
Just before this, I was unsecussfully doing this:
http://www.whited00r.com/forum/index.php?topic=7239.msg69432#msg69432
Using TinyUmbrella didn't seem to do anything. The instructions were unclear as to what "error" message I would receive and how long it would take to get that error. My error message came up in just a second or two.
Not knowing if I had completed the TinyUmbrella step, I moved on to Spirit but this is after the phone would no longer turn on and Spirit says "Please Connect Device"
Can anyone help me through this process to get a iPhone 3G jailbroke with the AppTimeMachine?
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 07:05:58 AM by PierreP »

Offline pictom

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile
Re: Error 3014-Just a brick, no phone
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2013, 10:01:07 PM »
As stated, I can not turn on/off the iPhone. I have rebooted the computer and when I open iTunes, it says iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode and I need to restore it. I have done this several times and keep getting the 3014 error.

I am currently trying this:
Unable to contact the iOS software update server gs.apple.com
Error 1004, 1013, 1638, 3014, 3194: These errors may be the result of the connection to gs.apple.com being redirected or blocked. Follow these steps to resolve these errors:
Install the latest version of iTunes.
Check security software. Ensure that communication to gs.apple.com is allowed.
Try to restore from another known-good computer and network.
If the errors persist on another computer, the device may need service.

I may find a different computer to try to do this from but I still need help installing Whited00r.

Offline PierreP

• WD FAQ Maker
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Everything is Relative
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 3G
  • My Computer: Windows
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2013, 12:14:14 AM »
Please edit your post 1 and add this info in the first paragraph:

As per this WD 6: Tips to Quickly Solve your Problems/Bugs & Get Answers FAST!

If you have a whited00r installation problem essential info needed so we can help you:

1- Device model and firmware. If not whited00r: iOS version.
2- Your Baseband version.
3- Your Bootloader version.
4- If it is already jaibroken and unlocked or not.
5- If on a Mac or Windows PC & OS version.
6- iTunes version.

Offline momircar11

• SuperHero Member
  • Whited00r User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2013, 12:31:20 AM »
Maybe it's just stuck in DFU mode.. Try to exit it :)
iPhone 3G (8GB) - WD 6.0

Offline pictom

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2013, 09:00:45 PM »
I shut down the computer overnight. This morning I booted up. The phone now turns on but when I attached it to the PC and opened up iTunes I got an error message. When I went to generate the error message again (to post here), it did not come up. It appears as if my iPhone is now a normal, unlocked iPhone.
Maybe it was stuck in DFU mode.
As a side note, yesterday I was at the city public library and they block access to some websites so that may have been the 3014 problem. Today I am at an internet cafe.
So now I want to just start over but since I don't know where the problem lies, I am not sure what to do.
For example, I just got the phone unlocked so do I try to install the Normal or the Unlocked version?

Iphone 3g version 4.2.1 (8C148). Modern Firmware 05.15.04

2- Your Baseband version.

3- Your Bootloader version.

4- If it is already jaibroken and unlocked or not.
Purchased unlock on ebay and it is unlocked. It is not jailbroke at the moment.

5- If on a Mac or Windows PC & OS version.
Windows PC Vista home edition.

6- iTunes version.

Offline pictom

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2013, 12:28:54 AM »
I downloaded a fresh version of the "iPhone3G_Unlocked_WD6" file.
Went to iTunes, held the Shift key and pressed the update button.  (using the file named above).
Went into Recovery Mode for quite a while.
Then I got the now expected error since I always generate an error when trying to jailbreak this unlocked iphone.
The iPhone 'iPhone' could not be restored. An unknown error occurred. (1604)

. . . and the endless loop continues.
What the heck am I doing wrong? There is probably some tiny simple thing I am overlooking.

THANKS for the assistance. I am fairly competent with computers so I find this very odd that I can't do this simple task.

Offline PierreP

• WD FAQ Maker
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Everything is Relative
    • View Profile
Re: whited00r 6 iPhone 3G iTunes Error 1604
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2013, 08:04:53 AM »
I shut down the computer overnight. This morning I booted up. The phone now turns on but when I attached it to the PC and opened up iTunes I got an error message. When I went to generate the error message again (to post here), it did not come up. It appears as if my iPhone is now a normal, unlocked iPhone.
Maybe it was stuck in DFU mode...

Iphone 3g version 4.2.1 (8C148). Modern Firmware 05.15.04

2- Your Baseband version. 4.2.1

3- Your Bootloader version. 05.15.04

4- If it is already jaibroken and unlocked or not. Purchased unlock on ebay and it is unlocked. It is not jailbroke at the moment.

5- If on a Mac or Windows PC & OS version. Windows PC Vista home edition.

6- iTunes version. 11.0.1.12

So you were probably stuck in DFU mode and overnight it probably drained the battery & reseted itself.

You made a mistake in 2- and 3- Bootloader as you wrote your baseband.

So now that we know that your baseband is 05.15.04, lookie here: [Solved] iPhone 3G iOS 4.2.1 Stuck in Baseband 05.15.04 - No Service

Please report in both his thread and yours if it worked for you and how you did it to help other users. Karma man! 8)

...The iPhone 'iPhone' could not be restored. An unknown error occurred. (1604)...

Download the free f0recast as well as the free standalone iReb here: http://ih8sn0w.com/

Use iReb (Mac & Windows versions available) to put the iPhone in iReb PWNED DFU mode before using iTunes to update to the whited00r 6 firmware to prevent iTunes errors 1015, 16xx, 1600, 1601, 1602, 1603 & 1604.

f0recast is a great simple free standalone tool to instantly find essential iPhone info including bootloader version and baseband. Works on Mac & Windows!

I just connected my iPhone 3G to my PC with iTunes closed, started the standalone (means no install required) f0recast and it gave me all the essential infos about the iPhone:

Offline pictom

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile
Re: iPhone 3G iTunes Error 3014 - Bricked?
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2013, 12:02:45 AM »
Thanks for the info. I will post if I ever get the phone to work but today I can't even get it back to a basic iTunes Restore. But usually right after I post a message, it works. I am trying right now . . . YEP, error 3014--This error occurs when iTunes is unable to reach gs.apple.com in a timely fashion. Follow the steps below in Unable to contact the iOS software update server gs.apple.com.

Today I am at the public library so that may be the issue but I had the same problem at the internet cafe two days ago.

Okay, so once I get that resolved, I can not download all the files I need. I click on the "[Solved] iPhone 3G iOS 4.2.1 Stuck in Baseband 05.15.04 - No Service"
Which tells me to download:
- sn0wbreeze 2.9.6 - custom firmware creator (Downloaded fine)
- redsn0w 0.9.6rc16 - for upgrading the iPad baseband 6.15 (sites.google.com/This webpage is not available so I can not download.)
- redsn0w 0.9.14b2 - for downgrading to iPhone baseband 5.13.04 (sites.google.com/This webpage is not available so I can not download.)
- the official iPhone iOS 4.2.1 firmware (I downloaded the 4.2.1 for iPhone 3G)
- iREB r6 & f0recast (sites.google.com/This webpage is not available so I can not download.)

I am also trying to post a message to that page stating the webpage is not available but I do not see a reply button there. Maybe I have to close this page so am sending this message now and trying there.

Offline PierreP

• WD FAQ Maker
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Everything is Relative
    • View Profile
Re: iPhone 3G iTunes Error gs.apple.com
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2013, 12:14:13 AM »
...I can't even get it back to a basic iTunes Restore. But usually right after I post a message, it works. I am trying right now . . . YEP, error 3014--This error occurs when iTunes is unable to reach gs.apple.com in a timely fashion. Follow the steps below in Unable to contact the iOS software update server gs.apple.com....

Ah ah! gs.apple.com error.

From the excellent How do I fix errors and problems when trying to restore/upgrade/downgrade my device?

You have TinyUmbrella installed and it's set to edit your hosts file, so the restore is trying to use saurik's servers to verify the firmware instead of Apple's servers. This can cause error 3194, 16xx, 21, "not eligible for requested build", and other errors. (To fix it: open TinyUmbrella, look under the Advanced tab, uncheck "Set hosts to Cydia", and quit TinyUmbrella. If you've done that and http://gs.apple.com/ still shows the Cydia homepage instead of an Apple page like this, you need to fix your hosts file by editing it directly. See this guide for fixing error 3194 for more details.)

Offline pictom

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2013, 12:36:11 AM »
Thank you! The phone is on and now I am back to trying to jailbreak it with Whited00r. I'll try later this week from a non-library computer.

Offline PierreP

• WD FAQ Maker
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Everything is Relative
    • View Profile
Re: iPhone 3G Working Again & Errors using Public/Corporate Computers
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2013, 01:47:07 AM »
Thank you! The phone is on and now I am back to trying to jailbreak it with Whited00r. I'll try later this week from a non-library computer.

Good!

"...library computer" - Never use those nor corporate computers to jailbreak or install firmwares as there are all sorts of firewall & anti-virus rules and whatnot on them to protect their systems.

Offline Soltmeal

• Developer
  • SuperHero Member
  • WDApps
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 2G
  • My Computer: Mac
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2013, 01:00:47 AM »
Hello pictom! I own a iPhone 3G with the same problem as you! Your iPhone has a BAD ESN, this means no matter what network you try to run it off of when there is a SIM in your phone it will say [/b]Searching[/b]. This means your phone must have been registered as stolen, received water damae or has a unpaid balance remaining on it. You can use it for its features and wifi should work however you need to take it to Apple to clear the ESN.

Sorry about this and enjoy Whited00r
-Soltmeal
Developer of WDReminders
Instagram [email protected]

Offline PierreP

• WD FAQ Maker
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Everything is Relative
    • View Profile
Re: iPhone 3G - Searching Error: Bad ESN?
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2013, 01:22:54 AM »
Hello pictom! I own a iPhone 3G with the same problem as you! Your iPhone has a BAD ESN, this means no matter what network you try to run it off of when there is a SIM in your phone it will say [/b]Searching[/b]. This means your phone must have been registered as stolen, received water damage or has a unpaid balance remaining on it. You can use it for its features and wifi should work however you need to take it to Apple to clear the ESN...

That is a possibility indeed.

Soltmeal, what is your iPhone 3G baseband?

Because this guy had the No service - Searching error and we fixed it (reposting the link above): [Solved] iPhone 3G iOS 4.2.1 Stuck in Baseband 05.15.04 - No Service

Offline tartilc

• SuperHero Member
  • The Only Member That <3s Potatoes ;D
    • View Profile
    • TC Trapper
  • Device: iPod Touch 2G
  • My Computer: Linux
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2013, 02:25:31 AM »
Hello pictom! I own a iPhone 3G with the same problem as you! Your iPhone has a BAD ESN, this means no matter what network you try to run it off of when there is a SIM in your phone it will say [/b]Searching[/b]. This means your phone must have been registered as stolen, received water damae or has a unpaid balance remaining on it. You can use it for its features and wifi should work however you need to take it to Apple to clear the ESN.

Sorry about this and enjoy Whited00r
-Soltmeal
I'm not fully sure, but why would a GSM device like the iPhone 3G require an ESN? An ESN hex is used to activate CDMA devices, but the iPhones before the 4 (in the U.S. at least) were all all only GSM, meaning, as long as it was unlocked, you could pop any SIM into it and it would work. CDMA devices usually do not have SIM slots unless they are universal or they have LTE capability. Just due to curiosity, could you please tell me some information about your iPhone? Just things like Carrier, Baseband, Location-Bought, If There is a SIM Slot, and Where the ESN is Listed In or On the Phone. Thanks In Advance!

PS: Sorry for threadjacking, but if this post causes trouble, I can delete it if needed.
404 Signature Fail :(

Offline Gawernator

• @Whited00r Twitter
  • SuperHero Member
  • Whited00r God
    • View Profile
    • Whited00r
  • Device: iPhone 2G
  • My Computer: Mac
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2013, 10:21:16 AM »
I only barely skimmed this thread.  In fact even though I have a massive amount of posts (can't remember how), I barely have time to manage our Twitter let alone troubleshoot these days.  One, iPhone's operate on the GSM network, and have "IMEI", not ESN's which are a serial for CDMA networks.  (Yes the newest iPhone can do both bands).  Also, I am sorry to say it is probably impossible to have it unbanned, however, you could try.  I just have never heard of it happening.  Would make a good iPod touch though as a gift for a kid.
iPhone 2G 16GB + iPhone 4 32 GB White <Gawernator> iPhones are made with maple syrup in the processor <Gawernator> in Canada <Gawernator> it causes slowdowns
@Whited00r on Twitter