Author Topic: 3G baseband 05.13.04...No Service  (Read 5190 times)

Offline chefjeff

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile
3G baseband 05.13.04...No Service
« on: January 27, 2013, 05:26:52 PM »
I've been battling with this for several days now and followed all the suggestions I can find.  I'm hoping I'm missing something simple.  However, I am at a loss to figure out what that may be.

It's an Iphone 3g on baseband 05.13.04.  I have followed the whited00r6 tutorial to the letter and installed several times.  The phone appears to be unlocked as it will find the carrier if I specifically select it from the list of carriers.  However, as soon as the carrier is selected it says the carrier is no longer available and must research for the list.  Eventually, it will hold the carrier in the list but never shows a signal and continues to read no service or searching.  Adding to my confusion, the phone recognizes the proper assigned new phone number and displays it in itunes.  I have attempted many different approaches for the problem, including updating to ipad baseband and downgrading; resetting to factory ios and using the technique described here with the modified ipsw using sn0wbreeze 2.9.6 suggested by hallogram; using various versions of redsn0w and ultrasn0w.  And while the jailbreak and unlock are successful, I can never get the phone to hold the carrier.

Frankly, at my wits end with the phone.  It was free so no big deal, but I would like to use it if possible.  Thanks for taking a look.

Offline Julio Cesar

• Jr. Team Member
  • Medio Loco
    • View Profile
    • TheFullyWhited00r
  • Device: iPhone 3G
  • My Computer: Windows
Re: 3G baseband 05.13.04...No Service
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2013, 05:33:42 PM »
Hello my friend I had a iphone 3g with your problem an it was technical more exactly in the antenna take u iphone to technical support best regards ;)

Offline chefjeff

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2013, 05:40:02 PM »
Hello my friend I had a iphone 3g with your problem an it was technical more exactly in the antenna take u iphone to technical support best regards ;)

A mechanical issue?  I had considered it as the software appears to be stable and robust.  I guess that just about does it for that phone then as repair, I would imagine, would be prohibitive.  Thanks for your reply!

Only $20 USD for a new antenna...I'm thinking I might give it a shot.  I'll post if I do with the results.  Might help someone else.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 05:57:39 PM by chefjeff »

Offline PierreP

• WD FAQ Maker
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Everything is Relative
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2013, 01:45:10 PM »
...It's an Iphone 3g on baseband 05.13.04....no service or searching...

1- Try hitting Airplane mode, wait 10 seconds and disable it to see if it finds cell provider.

2- Hard Reset often solve many problems: hold both Home & Power buttons until the Apple logo appears and let go of the buttons & smell the roses while it is doing it's thing.  :)

No worries, hard reset will not change any of your info, tweaks & apps on the device.

3- Remove SIM, clean contacts with alchool, re-insert, reboot.

4- Try with an other SIM.

5- My iPhone 3G Baseband 05.13.04 running whited00r 6 runs absolutely fine & the reception & GPS are excellent.

6- Install stock iOS iOS 4.2.1, if the problem persist you have a hardware problem.  :-\

7- Read my recent post here about clean install: Success Installing Whited00r 6 Unlocked on iPhone 3G - Error 1604 Workaround!

8- Good luck!  ;)

Offline chefjeff

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2013, 02:35:24 AM »
Thank you Pierre!  I have attempted all but #7.  I have good GPS and the phone recognizes the phone number of the plan from the carrier.  That's why I think Julio may be correct about a mechanical issue with the antenna.  However, I think I'll take it to my carrier and have them take a look at it tomorrow before I go digging into it.

Offline PierreP

• WD FAQ Maker
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Everything is Relative
    • View Profile
Re: 3G baseband 05.13.04...No Service whited00r 6 Unlocked or Normal?
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2013, 03:16:39 AM »
Thank you Pierre!  I have attempted all but #7.  I have good GPS and the phone recognizes the phone number of the plan from the carrier.  That's why I think Julio may be correct about a mechanical issue with the antenna.  However, I think I'll take it to my carrier and have them take a look at it tomorrow before I go digging into it.

Con mucho gusto.If you would have done #7 then you would have seen that I used whited00r 6 Unlocked version.

You did not say in post #1: did you install whited00r 6 Unlocked version or whited00r 6 Normal carrier locked version?

May help other users with problems:

If you have a whited00r installation problem essential info needed so we can help you:

1- Device model and the current iOS firmware who have on it. Is it already jailbroken and unlocked or not?
2- Your Baseband & Bootloader versions.
3- Are you on Mac or Windows OS version?  iTunes version?

f0recast is a simple free standalone tool to instantly find essential iPhone info including Bootloader version and baseband. Works on Mac & Windows. Download the free f0recast & iREB tools here: http://ih8sn0w.com/

Offline JustinCase

• An Agent of the System...
  • Global Moderator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Here since WD 3.x
    • View Profile
    • Whited00rDev
  • Device: iPhone 2G
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2013, 06:06:49 PM »
Older devices tend to suffer hardware issues that appear to be software based
I get on every now and then to check up
Go ahead and download Whited00r 8 BETA if you haven't yet: http://goo.gl/AFZIUT <------

Offline istp

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2013, 05:12:49 PM »
Ok look Go to Cydia -> manage -> sources -> Edit -> Add -> Add this source "Repo666.ultrasn0w.com"
-> download unltrasn0w -> now Reboot and ever things should work good  Please say if it works for you