Author Topic: [Solved] iPhone 3G Install WD6 Problem Downgrading ios 4.2.1 Baseband 06.15.00  (Read 44865 times)

Offline moggyaustino

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile
My device was running 4.2.1 on baseband 06.15.00 unlocked

i tried downgrading to install white door but it refused downgrading, all step will continue untill when the ress is to be done on my device. the device will just show white and remain lyk that.......
i then proceeded with WD6 unlocked installation and after success it is showing me ios 3.1.3 on baseband 06.15.00
the terminal was also installed. my question is this normal?

to show 3.1.3 instead of white d00r,i cant install apps cuz its telling me my ios is old....please help
baseband:  06.15.00
ios 4.2.1
bootloader 6.4_M3S2

Hello again Whited00r forumers and mods. This day is a great day for me as I was able to resolve the WD6 installation issue I was experiencing. Of course with the BIG help from PierreP, moggyaustino and hallogram for their threads which led me to the solution. To cut my post short, here's what I did...

1. From this tutorial, download iPhone1,2_4.2.1_for_06.15.00_baseband and follow instructions to restore iOS4.2.1

2. Download Apple Stock iOS 4.2.1 and Redsn0w 0.9.14b2

3. Follow Step # 3 from this thread

4. Download Whited00r 6.0 Unlocked and install following this tutorial

5. Enjoy! :)

THANKS FOR ASSISTING ME
my iphone was running whited00r 6 on baseband 06.15.00, i used redsn0r 0.9.15b3 select ipsw(redsn0r was refusing my ios 3.1.3 so i selected 4.2.1 which was even a wrong ios for my device running whited00 which is usually based on 3.1.3) went back click on jailbreak. selected downgrade baseband den my device started the process and ended up in a dimmed screan fomore than 1hr. so i forced the device into pwend dfu mode using ireb..
used itunes to restore my device to 4.2.1 and supprisenly my ipad basebd finally was flashed to the default 4.2.1 baseband 05.15.04 and i was stucked at the activate with a valid sim card and i have non....
so i tried installing ipad baseband again so i can downgrade it to an unlockable one using the current redsn00w to no avail so i tried
the prvious version 0.9.14b2 and guess what?
it installed the ipad baseband.....
seriously i prefare that version of redsn0w it best for downgrading the ipad baseband and also installing it...i used it after selecting my exact firmware version i clicked on downgrade ipad baseband and since i already have cydia i unchecked it. and booom it downgraded my ipad baseband....
alleluya solution at last after waiting for ever and trying so many things.......hmmmm
i checked and discovered my baseband informations are missing so
i followed the whited00r tutorial and installed stocked ios 3.1.3 and woooo
it installed baseband 05.12.02 and i was unable to activate so then i put my device into pwned dfu mode and restored the custorm ios for whited00r which is both unlocked jailbroken and activated...wonderful its working......
i have to do the rest to my taste

Moderator note: This problem is now [Solved] so edited the thread title by adding [Solved] and changed the Message icon to Thumb Up as described in WD 6: Tips to Quickly Solve your Problems/Bugs & Get Answers FAST!
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 05:36:06 AM by PierreP »

Offline PierreP

• WD FAQ Maker
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Everything is Relative
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 3G
  • My Computer: Windows
My device was running 4.2.1 on baseband 06.15.00 unlocked

i tried downgrading to install white door but it refused downgrading, all step will continue untill when the ress is to be done on my device. the device will just show white and remain lyk that.......
i then proceeded with WD6 unlocked installation and after success it is showing me ios 3.1.3 on baseband 06.15.00
the terminal was also installed. my question is this normal?

to show 3.1.3 instead of white d00r,i cant install apps cuz its telling me my ios is old....please help
baseband:  06.15.00
ios 4.2.1
bootloader 6.4_M3S2

"...baseband 06.15.00" - Bad!

"...i tried downgrading to install white door but it refused downgrading" - Repeat the Baseband downgrading process until it sticks. What did you try exactly?

"...WD6 unlocked installation and after success it is showing me ios 3.1.3" - You can find the solutions to all your questions in the sticky (means a thread pinned at the top of the forum list) Whited00r 6 - FAQ & Troubleshooting - READ BEFORE POSTING! including a link to whited00r Tutorial - Carrier Unlock for iPhone 3G & Baseband and lookie Baseband 06.15.00 in that page.  ;)

All Whited00r users (or not) with an iPhone 3G who upgraded to the iPad 06.15.00 baseband can downgrade back to a regular iPhone baseband. In this short guide you will learn how to downgrade your baseband from 06.15.00 to 05.12.01 (but you could get 05.13.04 using a different firmware for the rollback) with a lot of benefits: GPS will work fine, you will solve the problem of battery drain and you will get better signal.

And thank you in advance for reporting back in this thread.  8)

Offline moggyaustino

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile
i have followed the tutorial very well its not working... i have been toggling from ios 4.2.1, 4.1, 3.1.3 to no avail
when i click on downgrade from ipad base band it starts and get to the point when it says the rest is done on your device, i was supposed to see a pinnaple logo telling me flashing baseband. but all i see is a dimmed screen that stays like that for 30minutes or 1hr until my system starts sleeping..
plz i need help.....presently i a running whited00r 6, with baseband 06.15.00......and my gps and speed is not trying...............help plz

Offline PierreP

• WD FAQ Maker
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Everything is Relative
    • View Profile

Offline JustinCase

• An Agent of the System...
  • Global Moderator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Here since WD 3.x
    • View Profile
    • Whited00rDev
  • Device: iPhone 2G
I for one did not know that you could downgrade your baseband
I get on every now and then to check up
Go ahead and download Whited00r 8 BETA if you haven't yet: http://goo.gl/AFZIUT <------

Offline PierreP

• WD FAQ Maker
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Everything is Relative
    • View Profile
I for one did not know that you could downgrade your baseband
  :o whited00r Tutorial - Carrier Unlock for iPhone 3G & Baseband

5.14.02: upgrade your baseband to 6.15.00 and then downgrade to 5.12.01.

5.14.04: upgrade your baseband to 6.15.00 and then downgrade to 5.12.01.

6.15.00: can unlock via Ultrasn0w directly but we suggest to downgrade to 5.12.01.

Offline moggyaustino

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile
By the creators of redn0w: http://blog.iphone-dev.org/post/25350690843/0615-fun
i followed the tutorial it didnot work.. my device is running whited00r 6 . when i click on select ipsw it tells me this version of redsn00r dont support 3.1.3.. i hav worried this phone too much iam confused.. if i restore to 4.2.1 it fails cuz i cant get past activation....
is there any way of downgrading the baseband from cydia....?
how can i use sn00wbreez..?
is there a way i can prepare an already unlocked ios 4.2.1 to install on my iphone 3g so that i dont face the trouble of staying at the activation screen..

Offline PierreP

• WD FAQ Maker
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Everything is Relative
    • View Profile
Re: iPhone 3g Baseband 06.15.00 Downgrading Problem.
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2013, 11:35:29 AM »
Web search maybe as there are tons of tutorials & videos on the interwebs about that: "iPhone 3G" how to downgrade "baseband 06.15.00"

Note the "" that tells Google that results MUST include these keywords.

Remove the SIM before upgrading to any firmware.

Or better: these 2 tutorials were made recently by whited00r 6 new users. To solve their problem they had to upgrade to iPad baseband 06.15.00, just like you have, and then downgrade to a normal iPhone baseband.

So if you do like them then no reasons for not succeeding.

[Solved] whited00r 6 iPhone 3G NO SERVICE NO NETWORK Baseband 05.15.04

[Solved] iPhone 3G iOS 4.2.1 Stuck in Baseband 05.15.04 - No Service

Get the free iReb (Mac or Windows) to kick iPhone or iPod out of a Recovery Mode Loop. Use iReb to put your device in PWNED DFU mode with iTunes closed before using iTunes to update to the whited00r 6 firmware to prevent iTunes errors 1015, 16xx, 1600, 1601, 1602, 1603 & 1604.

Offline moggyaustino

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile
THANKS FOR ASSISTING ME
my iphone was running whited00r 6 on baseband 06.15.00, i used redsn0r 0.9.15b3 select ipsw(redsn0r was refusing my ios 3.1.3 so i selected 4.2.1 which was even a wrong ios for my device running whited00 which is usually based on 3.1.3) went back click on jailbreak. selected downgrade baseband den my device started the process and ended up in a dimmed screan fomore than 1hr. so i forced the device into pwend dfu mode using ireb..
used itunes to restore my device to 4.2.1 and supprisenly my ipad basebd finally was flashed to the default 4.2.1 baseband 05.15.04 and i was stucked at the activate with a valid sim card and i have non....
so i tried installing ipad baseband again so i can downgrade it to an unlockable one using the current redsn00w to no avail so i tried
the prvious version 0.9.14b2 and guess what?
it installed the ipad baseband.....
seriously i prefare that version of redsn0w it best for downgrading the ipad baseband and also installing it...i used it after selecting my exact firmware version i clicked on downgrade ipad baseband and since i already have cydia i unchecked it. and booom it downgraded my ipad baseband....
alleluya solution at last after waiting for ever and trying so many things.......hmmmm
i checked and discovered my baseband informations are missing so
i followed the whited00r tutorial and installed stocked ios 3.1.3 and woooo
it installed baseband 05.12.02 and i was unable to activate so then i put my device into pwned dfu mode and restored the custorm ios for whited00r which is both unlocked jailbroken and activated...wonderful its working......
i have to do the rest to my taste

Offline veed

• Old School 3G
    • View Profile
iPhone 3G iOS 4.2.1 - Problem Downgrading Baseband 06.15.00
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2013, 10:43:48 AM »
Good day! I believe we have the same problem and decided to post here instead of creating a new thread. I hope you don't mind sir moggyaustino and forum mods/ admins.

Firstly, i followed everythingapplepro's tutorial to jailbreak and unlock my iPhone 3G and everything went well. However, it lags terribly so I want to try whited00r 6 after watching the demo. I am using Windows 7 64-bit and iTunes 11.0.1.12 in my PC and this my iPhone's current info...

Now, for the problem, I downloaded all the files needed and followed the Downgrade iPhone 3G Baseband tutorial. I was able to do the first step which is Restore to iOS 4.2.1 using the iPhone1,2_4.2.1_for_06.15.00_baseband. Problem starts in Downgrade with Redsn0w, using iPhone1,2_4.2.1_8C148_Restore file the screen dims after the DFU steps and will shut itself off after 10 minutes or so. I tried to turn it back on and it still shows 06.15.00 contrary to what the tutorial says that it will be blank. I still continued with Restore to iPhone OS 3.1.3 and bricked it. Fortunately, it is restored now but I am still hopeful that I can install WD6. Am I missing on something especially with the second step of the tutorial? Please help and thanks in advance.

Moderator note: Edited thread title to add relevant keywords as described in WD 6: Tips to Quickly Solve your Problems/Bugs & Get Answers FAST!
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 12:12:50 PM by PierreP »

Offline PierreP

• WD FAQ Maker
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Everything is Relative
    • View Profile
Re: iPhone 3G iOS 4.2.1 - Problem Downgrading Baseband 06.15.00
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2013, 12:02:20 PM »
Good day! I believe we have the same problem and decided to post here instead of creating a new thread...

...I am using Windows 7 64-bit and iTunes 11.0.1.12 in my PC and this my iPhone's current info...

Thank you reading the tutorials first and then for posting your full essential device info in this thread instead of starting new one.  8) So +1 Internets for you and Welcome to the whited00r forum!

BTW I too found my iPhone 3G iOS 4.2.1 jailbroken & unlocked to be very sluggish and searching the web to find ways to speed it up I was lucky enough to find whited00r 2 months ago. No turning back for me.  ;)

Did you use Redsn0w 0.9.15b3 as the whited00r Downgrade iPhone 3G Baseband tutorial recommends?

Follow the links in Reply #7 of this thread and just skip the Baseband 05.15.04 to 06.15.00 part. The iPhone can take up to 10 minutes to complete the downgrading from iPad Baseband 06.15.00. Be patient.

Note that both whited00r users who made those two linked tutorials used Redsn0w 0.9.14b2 to downgrade Baseband 06.15.00. If your problem is caused by the Redsn0w version, I will recommend an edit of the WD tutorial.

redsn0w 0.9.14b2 (Windows) un-zip, right-click redsn0w.exe and Run as administrator

redsn0w 0.9.14b2 (OS X)

Offline veed

• Old School 3G
    • View Profile
Re: iPhone 3g shows 3.1.3 after installing WD6 from ios 4.2.1 Baseband 06.15.00
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2013, 01:13:24 PM »
Thank you very much for the warm welcome and for the "Internets" point. As for your question, yes sir I downloaded all the files in that tutorial prior to installation which include:

1. redsn0w_win_0.9.15b3
2. iPhone1,2_4.2.1_for_06.15.00_baseband
3. iPhone3G_Unlocked_WD6
4. iPhone1,2_3.1.3_7E18_Restore
5. iPhone1,2_4.2.1_8C148_Restore

So what I am going to do sir is to use Redsn0w 0.9.14b2 and follow step #3 of [Solved] iPhone 3G iOS 4.2.1 Stuck in Baseband 05.15.04 - No Service

...3. Using redsn0w 0.9.14b2 (Windows) to downgrade Baseband 6.15.00
   3a. Shut down the phone again
   3b. Start redsn0w 0.9.14b2 (right-click redsn0w.exe and Run as administrator)
   3c. Click Extras > Select IPsW > browse for the 4.2.1 official firmware > OK > Back
   3d. Click Jailbreak > *preparing jailbreak data* > select ONLY Downgrade from iPad baseband > Next > Put phone in DFU mode or follow the instructions for that
   3e. Yey! Another waiting game!
        !!! DO NOT DISCONNECT THE PHONE DURING PROCESS !!! It could take up to 10 minutes to complete.
   3f. iPhone reboots and here you go! Now you should have the 5.13.04 baseband at Settings > General > About

Use iReb (Mac & Windows versions available) to put the iPhone in iReb PWNED DFU mode before using iTunes to update to the whited00r 6 firmware to prevent iTunes errors 1015, 16xx, 1600, 1601, 1602, 1603 & 1604.

After all this trouble you can now install whited00r 6.0 Unlocked by following the whited00r Tutorial - Installation - whited00r will not change your new Baseband.

And don't forget to reboot twice before making any modifications to the iPhone as explained in the tutorial and set the iPhone as New in iTunes.

TIA
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 01:59:21 PM by PierreP »

Offline veed

• Old School 3G
    • View Profile
Re: iPhone 3g shows 3.1.3 after installing WD6 from ios 4.2.1 Baseband 06.15.00
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2013, 11:30:34 AM »
Hello again Whited00r forumers and mods. This day is a great day for me as I was able to resolve the WD6 installation issue I was experiencing. Of course with the BIG help from PierreP, moggyaustino and hallogram for their threads which led me to the solution. To cut my post short, here's what I did...

1. From this tutorial, download iPhone1,2_4.2.1_for_06.15.00_baseband and follow instructions to restore iOS4.2.1

4. Download iREB r6 and continue to follow instructions on the same thread after step # 3f.

5. Download Whited00r 6.0 Unlocked and install by following this tutorial

6. Enjoy! :)
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 01:34:55 PM by veed »

Offline PierreP

• WD FAQ Maker
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Everything is Relative
    • View Profile
[Solved] iPhone 3g Problem Downgrading ios 4.2.1 Baseband 06.15.00
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2013, 01:18:34 PM »

4. Download Whited00r 6.0 Unlocked and install following this tutorial

5. Enjoy! :)

Yessssss!  ;D

Thank you veed for reporting back about how you solved the problem as it will help other whited00r users with the same issue and we will update WD's Downgrading ios 4.2.1 Baseband 06.15.00 tutorial..   8)  So +1 Internets for you for giving back to the WD community.

Offline nysot

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile

I can not do this, I have an iphone 3G with whited00r 6!
When I try go back to 4.1.2, gives error 1600