Author Topic: [Solved] iPhone 3G Install WD6 Problem Downgrading ios 4.2.1 Baseband 06.15.00  (Read 44877 times)

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
  • Device: iPhone 3G
  • My Computer: Linux

I can not do this, I have an iphone 3G with whited00r 6!
When I try go back to 4.1.2, gives error 1600
What operating system do you use?  (so I can tell you the correct tool to use ;) )
Also read through this for the bit about recovery errors:
Whited00r FAQ & Troubleshooting - READ BEFORE POSTING
Edit - copied from my other post, a quick and dirty tutorial:
You must use either iReb (windows) or Redsn0w's extra tool for PWNED DFU mode (mac) on your device.  First off, you can power off your device by holding the home/power button until the device shuts down.Then open up the tool for your OS, and then follow the instructions on screen to enter DFU mode.  After the tool tells you that you are in PWNED DFU mode, simply shift click restore in iTunes to whited00r :)

Get iReb from here:
ih8sn0w.com

Offline nysot

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile
I use Windows 7.

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
I use Windows 7.
Alright, then use the iReb method I posted above :)

Offline nysot

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile

I managed to get the 4.2.1. thank you!

But now I have a little problem, after using redsnow follow the tutorial: "Enable" install Cydia "and" iPad Baseband Downgrade from "checkboxes. Click" next "and" next "to proceed through the usual steps DFU"
but now there is nothing showing up on my iphone, is on the screen with the light on but nothing happens

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter

I managed to get the 4.2.1. thank you!

But now I have a little problem, after using redsnow follow the tutorial: "Enable" install Cydia "and" iPad Baseband Downgrade from "checkboxes. Click" next "and" next "to proceed through the usual steps DFU"
but now there is nothing showing up on my iphone, is on the screen with the light on but nothing happens
On iOS 4? It could be the USB port/cable you are using failed D:  I know my cable only works in certain positions, so try it when you know it is connected just leave it be :)

Offline nysot

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile
yes, on ios 4.2.1
I went back to try and the screen is like having a dark light and gets stuck there
Like this:
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 08:09:07 PM by nysot »

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
yes, on ios 4.2.1
I went back to try and the screen is like having a dark light and gets stuck there
Like this:

So it doesn't even restore in iTunes, using a different cable/usb port if possible?

Can iTunes even detect it?

Offline nysot

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile

I've used a new cable, itunes detected.
Must be some problem on pc or iphone: (
I gave up :'(

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter

I've used a new cable, itunes detected.
Must be some problem on pc or iphone: (
I gave up :'(
can you try powering it completely off, while unplugged (using the home/power button method), then hold the home button, and keep holding it while you plug it into the computer, still holding it, wait for the recovery logo to appear and try restoring to a stock firmware (probably 4.2.1, as that won't require any PWNED DFU modes, or shouldn't anyway).

Just keep in mind it is literally impossible to permanently brick an iDevice, unless you are really an amazing hacker messing with much more than the sandboxed iOS system, like kernel or iBoot and such ;), save for hardware problems on the iPhone.  I don't think you have that problem though, because you were able to get it in/out of DFU/recovery mode, and use it with iReb as well

Offline avesani

• Whited00r iPod iPhone User
    • View Profile
  • My Computer: Mac
i'm triyng to install WD by folowing this tutorial, but i can't download tihis file: 
iPhone1,2_4.2.1_for_06.15.00_baseband

I'm already in 4.2.1 with BB 06.15.00, is this FW really necessary?

Can i start on:
2. Download Apple Stock iOS 4.2.1 and Redsn0w 0.9.14b2 and move on?

thx!

Hello again Whited00r forumers and mods. This day is a great day for me as I was able to resolve the WD6 installation issue I was experiencing. Of course with the BIG help from PierreP, moggyaustino and hallogram for their threads which led me to the solution. To cut my post short, here's what I did...

1. From this tutorial, download iPhone1,2_4.2.1_for_06.15.00_baseband and follow instructions to restore iOS4.2.1

2. Download Apple Stock iOS 4.2.1 and Redsn0w 0.9.14b2

3. Follow Step # 3 from this thread

4. Download iREB r6 and continue to follow instructions on the same thread after step # 3f.

5. Download Whited00r 6.0 Unlocked and install by following this tutorial

6. Enjoy! :)

Offline shauran02

• View Profile
  • My Computer: Windows
Problem Downgrading Baseband 06.15.00 - Broken Home Button!
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2013, 06:41:11 AM »
ok i have a a error 1600 whited00r  and iphone 3g. i have a broken home button so i cant use ireb. im only using redsn0w please help me to solved thius problem asap!

Offline PierreP

• WD FAQ Maker
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Everything is Relative
    • View Profile
Re: Problem Downgrading Baseband 06.15.00 - Broken Home Button!
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2013, 06:51:38 AM »
ok i have a a error 1600 whited00r  and iphone 3g. i have a broken home button so i cant use ireb. im only using redsn0w please help me to solved thius problem asap!

About 10 minutes ago I successfully downgraded the modem firmware of an iPhone 3G from iPad baseband 06.15 to 05.13.04 following this simple tutorial: http://blog.iphone-dev.org/post/26534086824/baseband-freedom

There is a paragraph explaining what to do if you have a broken button.

Best solution: fix your Home button, it's not difficult.  ;)

And thank you in advance for reporting back in this thread.

Offline shauran02

• View Profile
[Solved] Downgrading Baseband 06.15.00 - Broken Home Button!
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2013, 04:40:43 AM »
About 10 minutes ago I successfully downgraded the modem firmware of an iPhone 3G from iPad baseband 06.15 to 05.13.04 following this simple tutorial: http://blog.iphone-dev.org/post/26534086824/baseband-freedom

There is a paragraph explaining what to do if you have a broken button.

Best solution: fix your Home button, it's not difficult.  ;)

And thank you in advance for reporting back in this thread.

i solved the problem with my broken home button iphone 3g its now whited00r 6.. i just did multi-task redsn0w
first i used the latest version of redsn0w to enter DFU mode then go on to itunes after some error ocurred i use ireb to recovery mode loop fixer eject iphone try again and i finally made it.. now second i used again latest version of redsn0w to jailbreak it then i go to old version of red snow called redsn0w 0.9.6rc12 eject iphone the jailbreak it.... bah-bem!!!! :)))

Offline PierreP

• WD FAQ Maker
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Everything is Relative
    • View Profile
[Solved] Downgrading Baseband 06.15.00 - Broken Home Button!
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2013, 06:11:22 AM »
i solved the problem with my broken home button iphone 3g its now whited00r 6.. i just did multi-task redsn0w
first i used the latest version of redsn0w to enter DFU mode then go on to itunes after some error ocurred i use ireb to recovery mode loop fixer eject iphone try again and i finally made it.. now second i used again latest version of redsn0w to jailbreak it then i go to old version of red snow called redsn0w 0.9.6rc12 eject iphone the jailbreak it.... bah-bem!!!! :)))

Thank you shauran02 for reporting back about how you solved your iPhone 3G Broken Home Button issue as it will help other Whited00r users with the same problem.  8)  So +1 Internets for you for giving back to the WD community.

Offline rajrsr1234us

• View Profile
Not Connected itunes & Network.
« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2013, 12:29:12 PM »
Dear Sir,

I have Installed WD06 On My Apple 3g After WD6 Installing My Phone Not showing Network And Not Connected To i Tunes

Please Help Me.

Raju