Author Topic: [Solved] whited00r 6 - Stuck in the recovery mode iPhone 3G  (Read 53279 times)

Offline aeditz50

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile
[Solved] whited00r 6 - Stuck in the recovery mode iPhone 3G
« on: January 29, 2013, 03:38:16 PM »
Hi , i have a really bad problem , 2 days ago i jailbreaked my iphone 3g , i tried to install whited00r but i always had the errors on itunes.
Then yesterday i wanted to install whited00r one more time but this time when i went into the recovery mode...i  cant go out of it , i can only go into the DFU mode but then when i restart the iphone , it brings me back to the USB -> Itunes image , when it is in that mode , the iphone is not detected anymore , i can hear the usb connected sound and then 1 second later that it is disconnected.
From that point on i searched everywhere on youtube on how to get out of it and i also used the iReb's loop fix but it didint work , i used tinyumbrella but then it only shows 'fix recovery' and nothing else , when i press that nothing happens.

Please help me!
At least please tell me how to get out of the recovery mode and into the iOS installed on the phone (btw its 3.1.3)

Moderator note: This problem is now [Solved] so edited the thread title by adding [Solved] and changed the Message icon to Thumb Up as described in WD 6: Tips to Quickly Solve your Problems/Bugs & Get Answers FAST!
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 06:23:42 AM by PierreP »

Offline PierreP

• WD FAQ Maker
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Everything is Relative
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 3G
  • My Computer: Windows
Re: Stuck in the recovery mode , cant leave!
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013, 05:12:46 PM »
Hard Reset often solve many problems: hold both Home & Power buttons until the Apple logo appears and let go of the buttons & smell the roses while it is doing it's thing.  :)

No worries, hard reset will not change any of your info, tweaks & apps on the device.

Then try this which I did a couple of days ago: iPhone 3G > iOS 4.2.1 Stock > Pre-Jailbroken 4.1 > WD 6 Success

Did you close iTunes before using iREB?

If you fail to get in DFU mode with iREB, you must disconeect the phone & do it again.

Same after an iTunes error: close iTunes, disconnect phone & do it again.

Offline aeditz50

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2013, 05:36:27 PM »
I have received a -1 Error..
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 05:41:08 PM by aeditz50 »

Offline aeditz50

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2013, 05:46:51 PM »
It only goes to and then it stops restoring.

Offline PierreP

• WD FAQ Maker
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Everything is Relative
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2013, 05:56:52 PM »
You did not say how you got out of Recovery Mode which can help other users with a similar problem.  :o

I got a -1 error and I had to change the data port on my iPhone 3G. Try with an other USB port, cable, computer to troubleshoot hardware, reboot computer to reset USB ports.

I was getting a ton of iTunes errors so I checked the iPhone 3G Data port with a magnifying glass and horror! I did this macro photo with a Canon P&S:

Check your iPhone data port & clean out pocket lint with a toothpick as it may prevent the data cable from seating properly.

If you have a whited00r installation problem essential info needed so we can help you:

1- Device model and the current iOS firmware you have on it. Is it already jailbroken and unlocked or not?
2- Your Baseband & Bootloader versions.
3- Are you on Mac or Windows OS version?  iTunes version?

f0recast is a simple free standalone tool to instantly find essential iPhone info including Bootloader version and baseband. Works on Mac & Windows. Download the free f0recast & iREB tools here: http://ih8sn0w.com/

I am going out now, see you in about 10 hours. Goodluck!

Offline JustinCase

• An Agent of the System...
  • Global Moderator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Here since WD 3.x
    • View Profile
    • Whited00rDev
  • Device: iPhone 2G
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2013, 06:01:10 PM »
Try tiny umbrella?
I get on every now and then to check up
Go ahead and download Whited00r 8 BETA if you haven't yet: http://goo.gl/AFZIUT <------

Offline PierreP

• WD FAQ Maker
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Everything is Relative
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2013, 06:06:05 PM »
Try tiny umbrella?

Tiny umbrellas are useless where I live in Costa Rica because when it rains it pours & often it is accompanied by strong wind.  ;)

Offline aeditz50

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2013, 06:30:26 PM »
It is working perfectly now!
Everything works as it should apart from the video camera issue but that is ok.
What i did was , Restart PC , use the original apple usb cable , close itunes and skype , open iReb , choose the model , follow the steps , fix the 1xxx in the other tab, open up itunes , press Shift+left on restore button , choose the whited00r , and let it rip ;)

Thank you once again guys!

Offline PierreP

• WD FAQ Maker
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Everything is Relative
    • View Profile
[Solved] whited00r 6 - Recovery mode iPhone 3G - Videocorder
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2013, 07:35:57 AM »
[whited00r 6 on iPhone 3G] It is working perfectly now!
Everything works as it should apart from the video camera issue but that is ok.

What i did was , Restart PC , use the original apple usb cable , close itunes and skype , open iReb , choose the model , follow the steps , fix the 16xx error in the [Recovery Mode Loop Fixer] tab, open up itunes , press Shift+left on restore button , choose the whited00r 6 firmware , and let it rip ;)

Thank you once again guys!

Thank you aeditz50 for reporting back about how you solved the problem as it will help other WD users with the same problem.  8)  So +1 Internets for you for giving back to the WD community.

"...video camera issue but that is ok" - What issue? It is working fine on my iPhone 3G whited00r 6. One whited00r 6 user posted this trick in an other thread because he could not get the WD 6 built-in Video feature: Take a normal photo, close the Camera app then open it again & the video switch should work fine when you can see the subject on the screen. He said he had to that only once to fix it.

To make the change/fix stick: Hard Reset often solve many problems: hold both Home & Power buttons until the Apple logo appears and let go of the buttons & smell the roses while it is doing it's thing.  :)

No worries, hard reset will not change any of your info, tweaks & apps on the device.

Or did you install any other Camera app? Name please?

Offline aeditz50

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile
Re: [Solved] whited00r 6 - Stuck in the recovery mode iPhone 3G
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2013, 08:59:08 PM »
It seems that after a normal reset it starts to work ;)
Works like a beauty , but is there a way to have ios 4 with whited00r as i'm deeply in need of wifi booster and it is not compatible with my ios.

Offline JustinCase

• An Agent of the System...
  • Global Moderator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Here since WD 3.x
    • View Profile
    • Whited00rDev
  • Device: iPhone 2G
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2013, 03:41:07 AM »
There is a 4.0 based version but it laggs like crazy
I get on every now and then to check up
Go ahead and download Whited00r 8 BETA if you haven't yet: http://goo.gl/AFZIUT <------

Offline PierreP

• WD FAQ Maker
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Everything is Relative
    • View Profile
Re: whited00r 6 iOS 4.1 & Compatible Apps?
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2013, 03:48:28 PM »
It seems that after a normal reset it starts to work ;)

Works like a beauty, but is there a way to have ios 4 with whited00r as i'm deeply in need of wifi booster and it is not compatible with my ios.

If whited00r would be based on iOS 4.1 it would be dog-slow so no thanks. See explanation here in the sticky (it means a thread pinned at the top of the forum list) Whited00r 6 - FAQ & Troubleshooting - READ BEFORE POSTING!

Lookie here: [Tutorial] whited00r 6 How-To Find iOS 3.1.3 Compatible Apps - iTunes iOS Filter 3.x

As of yesterday there is 456 free whited00r 6 compatible apps on App Time Machine. That custom WD 6 exclusive app and the Store it can access are made by unpaid volunteers just like the rest of the WD team.

Offline jrg1319

• Whited00r iPod iPhone User
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2013, 03:13:29 PM »
Am having almost same problem...just stuck in the recovery mode with my iphone 3g i was trying to jailbreak it with the redsn0w and I got the point where I have to go itunes to restore instead of choosing the image(iPhone1,2_4.2.1_8C148_Restore) from my hard drive I clicked the restore button on itunes instead and of course it stopped and gave me some error I came up here to try resolve the problem the tutorial says to restore it to factory default which I did and the itunes failed in the process of Restoring iphone firmware with error # 1015 before I started the restore the redsn0w said that it was in WTF mode and I'm kind of new to this.
Anyway I did try the hard reset by pressing and hold the home and the power buttons at the same time as soon as the apple logo came on to let them go which I did and the itunes with the usb cable pictures showed up on the screen, at this point i have no idea what to do...Please help!!!
Thanks!

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
  • My Computer: Linux
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2013, 03:40:43 PM »
Am having almost same problem...just stuck in the recovery mode with my iphone 3g i was trying to jailbreak it with the redsn0w and I got the point where I have to go itunes to restore instead of choosing the image(iPhone1,2_4.2.1_8C148_Restore) from my hard drive I clicked the restore button on itunes instead and of course it stopped and gave me some error I came up here to try resolve the problem the tutorial says to restore it to factory default which I did and the itunes failed in the process of Restoring iphone firmware with error # 1015 before I started the restore the redsn0w said that it was in WTF mode and I'm kind of new to this.
Anyway I did try the hard reset by pressing and hold the home and the power buttons at the same time as soon as the apple logo came on to let them go which I did and the itunes with the usb cable pictures showed up on the screen, at this point i have no idea what to do...Please help!!!
Thanks!

Welcome to the forums :)
The issue you are most likely having is that your baseband is 06.15.00, which means you can't restore to stock 4.2.1 because the baseband on that is lower.  What you can do is follow the iPhone 3G baseband downgrade tutorial, and that has a custom 4.2.1 firmware in there, which will let you restore to 4.2.1.  After that, it is probably best if you downgrade the baseband anyway, unless you don't want to use whited00r unlocked and don't care about GPS. Otherwise, downgrade it and the rest is easy :)

Offline jasonbrown

• Whited00r iPod iPhone User
    • View Profile
  • Device: Does Not Own iDevice ARMv6
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2013, 03:31:25 AM »
To get an iPhone out of recovery mode, all I know is to hold the power button for 2 seconds, continue holding the power button but also hold down the home screen button for another 10 seconds, then let go of the power button but continue holding down the home button for another 15 seconds. Ensure you count the seconds correctly.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 10:39:45 AM by jasonbrown »