Author Topic: Cydia cannot update essentials  (Read 10339 times)

Offline ChrisV

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile
Cydia cannot update essentials
« on: February 04, 2013, 01:26:20 PM »
So today was trying to install an app via cydia and i saw that i had to update essentials so i pressed "update" .
Then as it started updating it showed that an update wasnt possible  because :" I wasnt't able to locate file for the apt7-lib package . This might mean you need to manually fix this package. " I tried to install  manually still same thing . How can this be solved ?

Moderator note: moved the thread from the Troubleshooting Forum as it was not a whited00r problem per say to the proper Modding whited00r forum: Amateur Developers.

Please keep the forums clean and organized! :D
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 01:39:17 PM by PierreP »

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
  • Device: iPhone 3G
  • My Computer: Linux
Re: Cydia cannot update essentials
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2013, 01:30:43 PM »
You didn't let cydia refresh all the way.  Open up cydia again and let it finish the refreshing it does. Then try again :)

Offline Arxa

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile
Re: Cydia Big Update & SBSettings 6.0.3 Crashing
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2013, 07:10:52 AM »
There was a mass update on Cydia since Sunday I think (Newer versions for libhid,mobile substrate etc...)

P.S. Who has SBSettings 5.2.2 and Sbsettings toggle also on same version DONT update them to version 6.0.3 because SBSettings app is crashing ( you can open the dropdown window from the status bar but when u click on "more" or u try to open the settings from the springboard icon it crashes instantly)
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 01:11:12 PM by PierreP »

Offline PierreP

• WD FAQ Maker
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Everything is Relative
    • View Profile
  • My Computer: Windows
Re: SBSettings app is crashing Because of an Ad Blocker?
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2013, 08:58:21 AM »
There was a mass update on Cydia since Sunday I think (Newer versions for libhid,mobile substrate etc...)

P.S. Who has SBSettings 5.2.2 and Sbsettings toggle also on same version DONT update them to version 6.0.3 because SBSettings app is crashing ( you can open the dropdown window from the status bar but when u click on "more" or u try to open the settings from the springboard icon it crashes instantly)

Thanks for the pointer. As a rule of thumb with older devices, do not try to fix was is working fine. So I have no intention of updating SBSettings.

Did you install an ad blocker? Because I tried two of them and SBSettings 5.2.2 was crashing (by design) as it makes it's living on advertising visible only when you click on More. Try removing it if you have it and restart the iPhone (NOT respring).

On my iPhone 3G I have the stock whited00r 6 included Cydia version 1.1.6 and it works fine except if you reply yes when Cydia asks you to Restart SpringBoard as it may get in a infinite respring loop with the animated wheel spinning for ever (the circle appears and continues to roll without stopping ever).   :o

The workaround to prevent that is simply to disregard Cydia's Restart SpringBoard Bar, press the Home button to close Cydia, go to > Settings > General > scroll down to Respring and hit the switch. That Respring switch is a whited00r 6 feature.

If you are running an other iOS 3.1.3 version (you should try WD 6), turn off the iPhone, wait a couple of seconds and turn back on.

The solution if you get stuck in the Cydia respring loop around

If the known Cydia respring loop bug happens to you, the best way to fix it is to do a Hard Reset which often solve many other problems too: hold both Home & Power buttons until the Apple logo appears and let go of the buttons & smell the roses while it is doing it's thing.  :)

No worries, hard reset will not change any of your info, tweaks & apps on the device.

Offline Arxa

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile
Re: SBSettings 6.0.3 Crashing - New SBSettings 6.0.4 Release
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2013, 03:31:34 PM »
UPDATE: I have contact BigBoss today about the problem with the SBSettings on version 6.0.3 and they almost immediately released a newer stable version (6.0.4) which works again with our iOS!

If somebody has already update to 6.0.3 uninstall it before upgrading to the stable version (reboot after uninstall would be nice)

DO NOT update "aiplane sbsettings toggle" as the latest version is working only with iOS 4,5 and 6!

Pierre no I didn't had adblocker installed it was just the 6.0.3 buggy (actually the "more app" it was crashing) that's why they released 6.0.4

Moderator note: Edited this post's title title to add relevant keywords as described in WD 6: Tips to Quickly Solve your Problems/Bugs & Get Answers FAST!
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 07:24:46 PM by PierreP »

Offline PierreP

• WD FAQ Maker
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Everything is Relative
    • View Profile
  • My Computer: Windows
Re: SBSettings 6.0.3 Crashing - New SBSettings 6.0.4 Release
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2013, 07:45:53 PM »
UPDATE: I have contact BigBoss today about the problem with the SBSettings on version 6.0.3 and they almost immediately released a newer stable version (6.0.4) which works again with our iOS!

If somebody has already update to 6.0.3 uninstall it before upgrading to the stable version (reboot after uninstall would be nice)

DO NOT update "aiplane sbsettings toggle" as the latest version is working only with iOS 4,5 and 6!

Pierre no I didn't had adblocker installed it was just the 6.0.3 buggy (actually the "more app" it was crashing) that's why they released 6.0.4

Thank you for replying and for writing to BigBoss about the fact that SBSettings 6.0.3 crashes on iOS 3.1.3.  8) So +1 Internets for you ofr helping the whited00r community.

So, is there any reason for a whited00r or iOS 3.1.3 or iOS 4.2.1 user to update to SBSettings 6.0.4?

Or does it only add compatibility for iOS 6 and fix a few iOS 5 related bugs? Because that is the only thing I can see in this description and changelog:

http://cydia.saurik.com/package/sbsettings

http://files2.thebigboss.org/moreinfo/SBSettingsCL.php

To download directly from your computer the .deb file SBSettings 6.0.4 sbsettings_6.0.4.deb: http://apt.thebigboss.org/onepackage.php?bundleid=sbsettings&db=

I did not install it yet so I cannot recommend it but I will test it later on iPhone 3G whited00r 6 and update this post with a report tomorrow at the latest.

Offline Arxa

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile
Re: SBSettings 6.0.4 Report
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2013, 10:57:13 AM »
You are right Pierre the basic feature is that they have add support to iOS 6xx.

A minor visual glitch that i have noticed on 6.0.4 is that while you launch the "more app" (occurs with the springboard button too) is that screen freezes for half of a second showing the sbsettings menu a bit blury...

P.S. I will have more news today about the new airplane sbsettings toggle which doesn't appear on the dropdown window!

I have contact also Gerrard yesterday (the dev of the tweak) to ask him why he made it compatible only to iOS 4,5,6 (it's written in the release notes) and he replied to me that he haven't touched anything that it could have affect the pre-iOS 4...he ask me what is the problem on iOS 3.1.3 and he said he will take a look(last night)

Moderator note: Edited post title to add relevant keywords as described in WD 6: Tips to Quickly Solve your Problems/Bugs & Get Answers FAST!
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 01:09:15 PM by PierreP »