Author Topic: Airplayspeaker  (Read 4639 times)

Offline mob

• Whited00r iPod iPhone User
    • View Profile
Airplayspeaker
« on: February 05, 2013, 04:57:08 PM »
Hi,

I have a spare itouch 2g (MB model). While, in need of airplay funcionality to use my ipod (as an airplay receiver) with a quality speaker with dock; i decided to jailbreak my device with redsnow and successfully did. I installed the airplayspeaker hack and later i learned the fact that while my device has arm6 architecture, i could not use my device as an airplay receiver, since the provided files has arm7 dependency.

with a hope, i've found whitedoor,i tried to install it (i couldnot, but successfully restored to original 4.2.1 firmware). Later i saw that it is ios 3.x and gave up about that too. whitedoor is a really good project and really user friendly. but the only reason i jailbreaked my device is to use it as an airplay receiver, nothing more. It will make me save money because i really have a good speaker, i can't throw it away.

So is there any possibility (say modifying airplayspeaker files,if you need the source code, i can give a link) or any other tweak for that?

Thanks..

Offline Soltmeal

• Developer
  • SuperHero Member
  • WDApps
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 2G
  • My Computer: Mac
Re: Airplayspeaker
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2013, 10:38:49 PM »
Nope the frame works are different and you would need to have the same binary library's as it requires which you dont. Also careful about posting in the wrong forum subsection, I will move this but next time I will issue you a warning of 5% towards a ban.
Whited00r Super Developer

Offline mob

• Whited00r iPod iPhone User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2013, 10:48:22 PM »
my post is moved here by PierreP?!?
Initially, i posted onto suggestions (was it wrong?)

Anyway, so i am asking as an enduser. Is it possible to make a workaround for this "airplay receiver funcionality"?
Should i wait for something (whether use airplayspeaker or any other solution) in the future or forget about it?

I think this funcionality is a real benefit for everyone (not for the high price tagger firms of course). With this, anyone
who has an old device can use any speaker as an airplay speaker.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 10:56:22 PM by mob »

Offline JustinCase

• An Agent of the System...
  • Global Moderator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Here since WD 3.x
    • View Profile
    • Whited00rDev
  • Device: iPhone 2G
  • My Computer: Windows
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2013, 11:21:27 PM »
You could always purchase a new Device :p
I get on every now and then to check up
Go ahead and download Whited00r 8 BETA if you haven't yet: http://goo.gl/AFZIUT <------