Author Topic: Whited00r 6 - GPS problem iPhone 3G Baseband 05.13.04, 05.15.04 & 06.15.00  (Read 68813 times)

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
  • Device: iPhone 3G
  • My Computer: Linux
Re: Whited00r 6 - GPS problem iPhone 3G Baseband 05.13.04
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2013, 04:25:13 PM »
Try turning location services on ;)

Offline PierreP

• WD FAQ Maker
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Everything is Relative
    • View Profile
  • My Computer: Windows
Whited00r 6 - GPS Working Fine on iPhone 3G Baseband 05.13.04
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2013, 04:48:47 PM »
...I went into maps and only get an approximate fix. I then made sure bluetooth, wifi and location services was switched off...

So you did not read the final important step #6 with some important words in Bold type above that I took my free unpaid time to explain at length just for you.  :-\

You can lead a horse to water, but you cannot make it drink.  :'(

I have the proof in my hand that GPS and Google Maps are working absolutely fine my iPhone 3G Baseband 05.13.04 running Whited00r 6. My iPhone 3G was on the bad iPad Baseband 06.15 running a dog-slow iOS 4.2.1 stock but jailbroken & carrier unlocked before and the GPS was not working with that one until I downgraded it to the proper iPhone Baseband 05.13.04 and upgraded to the speedy custom firmware Whited00r 6 based on iOS 3.1.3 + a ton of features, speed up tweaks & better looks.

The only possible explanations if your GPS/Google Maps on iPhone 3G is not working are:

1- You do not follow the how-to exactly.

2- Your iPhone 3G is broken, the GPS chip is dead. No way to fix it unless changing the expensive motherboard.

3- You are too close to the magnetic North Pole being in Sweden and it is messed up your GPS.  ;)

4- GPS is working fine but you do not have a data connection, either from the cellular provider or via WiFi.

5- You are in a cavern with no clear unobstructed view of the GPS satellites in the sky so the CIA cannot kill you with their drones.  :o

6- You need to buy a pair of those:

Offline momircar11

• SuperHero Member
  • Whited00r User
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2013, 07:52:00 PM »
@PierreP
I did a clean installation, and do not have so much tweaks installed, so........... ::)
iPhone 3G (8GB) - WD 6.0

Offline rafa_beloh

• Whited00r iPod iPhone User
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2013, 04:40:34 PM »
Hey dude, I read one of your posts about the whited00r and I'm having  the exact same problem as momircar11.  I was wondering if you got to solve it. The problem isI have an iPhone 3G 4.2.1 BB 05.15.04 -> Upgraded it to BB 06.15.00 -> downgraded it to BB 05.13.04 and in all of them my GPS was working perfectly fine.Then I installed Whited00r unlocked did evertyhing correctly (booted a couple of times after installation) then I updated Cydia perfectly fine, but when I went to verify my GPS on the google maps factory maps it didn't show my position correctly and the bigger problemwhen I'm on 3G (no wifi connection) the GPS doesn't find me AT ALL!!!I read a post about this here, tried everything you proposed and nothing worked, so if you could help me I'd appreciate a lot!!!I'm from Brazil, so I don't know if that's the problem...Thx

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
Reload location daemon
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2013, 05:40:00 PM »
have you tried the unloading/reloading of the daemon?

Try running this in terminal line by line:
su
alpine (password, you won't see this being typed)
launchctl unload /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.locationd.plist
launchctl load /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.locationd.plist

then see if it works :)

Offline rafa_beloh

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2013, 05:43:55 PM »
Tried every code you guys said on terminal, even left the house to reload it afterwards and nothing!

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2013, 05:55:48 PM »
Tried every code you guys said on terminal, even left the house to reload it afterwards and nothing!

From an article I found by using google:

So, for those of you with wonky GPS positioning on the iPhone 3G, try this fix:
Navigate to Settings>General>Network>Enable 3G and toggle to OFF
Locate yourself using the iPhone 3Gs GPS receiver
Navigate to Settings>General>Network>Enable 3G and toggle to ON

Offline momircar11

• SuperHero Member
  • Whited00r User
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2013, 06:47:59 PM »
Some news: GPS on my 3G is totally dead.  :(  At first, it was showing a big blue circle (at least that), but now it only shows a message 'Your location could not be determined'  :o  What's that now..  ???
iPhone 3G (8GB) - WD 6.0

Offline PierreP

• WD FAQ Maker
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Everything is Relative
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2013, 08:01:53 PM »
@ rafa_beloh: the GPS works fine on my iPhone 3G Baseband 05.13.04 running Whited00r 6.

Whited00r never changes the baseband nor the GPS settings.

1- Turn off the iPhone & remove the SIM. Start from a fresh clean install of Apple's stock iOS 4.2.1 using iTunes (DO NOT Restore from an old backup), reboot the iPhone twice (turn off, wait 15 seconds and turn back on), check > Settings > General > About > Modem Firmware (a.k.a. Baseband) to make sure it is Baseband 05.13.04.

1a- Turn off the iPhone & insert the SIM if you have one but it is not necessary to test the GPS.

2- Settings > General > turn on Location Services.

3- Connect to 3G Data or WiFi, test if you can surf the web with Safari and if it works then Google Maps can download the maps or Satellite images.

4- Go outside to have a clear unobstructed view of the sky & the CIA's satellites except if you are on the Drone kill list.  ;) Start Google Maps test your GPS and remember that it can take several minutes to get a position fix when using the GPS for the first time after flashing the iOS Firmware and report back here so to help other users with a similar problem.  8)

5- After you are sure that your GPS is working,  install Whited00r 6 Unlocked Version directly on top of stock iOS 4.2.1. Just follow the instructions here: Whited00r Installation Tutorial

Or install Whited00r 6 Normal Version only if your iPhone is Factory Unlocked or you if are using the original SIM you got with the iPhone contract but then you will not be able to use SIM's from other cellular providers.  :-\

Personally, I always use successfully iReb on my Windows 7 laptop to put the iPhone in DFU Mode with iTunes turned off before installing Whited00r using iTunes:

Some news: GPS on my 3G is totally dead.   At first, it was showing a big blue circle (at least that), but now it only shows a message 'Your location could not be determined'   What's that now..

Do the steps above, if it still does not work, you have a hardware problem.  :o

Offline rafa_beloh

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2013, 10:29:48 PM »
Ok, so trying again exactly like you said... Clean restored it on itunes and the version installed was 4.2.1(8C148) and Firmware 05.15.04 (wich is not what I wanted)... Tried GPS like you said and it was pinpoint PERFECT (so I'm ruling out Hardware problem... It works perfectly)... So jailbroke it to Ipad badeband (06.15.00) with the RedSn0w 0.9.6b6...Selected Install Cydia, install ipad baseband and enable battery percentage... Result 4.2.1 (8C148) Firmware 06.15.00 and GPS working like a charm!!!! Downgraded from iPad baseband with Redsn0w 0.9.14b2... Result firmware 05.13.04 as wanted and GPS pointing to my head perfectly!!!

So starting your instructions (4.2.1 (8C148) and BB 05.13.04) took the SIM card off, turned the phone off and put it on DFU with iReb r7... and installed WD 6 UNLOCKED... Turned it off a couple of times, turned it off again, inserted SIM card and turned it on. Result Version 3.1.3 (7E18) and BB 05.13.04 with Whited00r installed. GPS test (Location ON and 3G ON) it works but gives Wrong location (2km far from where I am and I tried it outside with no roof above me)...

Tried the code in terminal line by line:
su
alpine (password, you won't see this being typed)
launchctl unload /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.locationd.plist
launchctl load /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.locationd.plist

got a closer position, but still wrong, like 200m away... Turned 3G off, went outside again, got another position 200m away from where I am. Turned wifi on wrong position again. At least this time the GPS is working on 3G. last time it wasn't even tracking me, only on wifi. Upgraded Cydia and still no change on the GPS.

If you guys think of anything else I can do to solve this, please tell me. I use some apps that need the exact position of the GPS. If you have any thoughts I'm willing to listen.

Thanks anyway for your help.

Offline PierreP

• WD FAQ Maker
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Everything is Relative
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2013, 12:07:45 AM »
rafa, do a fresh clean install again of Whited00r 6, disconnect from the computer when it boots for the first time, reboot twice and do not do anything to it, do not install any apps and do not connect to iTunes so we can troubleshoot.

Make sure: 2- Settings > General > turn on Location Services.

Offline rafa_beloh

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2013, 12:17:03 AM »
Ok I'll try and do it another day, cause today I won't have much time... Do you have suggestions already?

Offline PierreP

• WD FAQ Maker
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Everything is Relative
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2013, 02:26:53 AM »
... Do you have suggestions already?

Chamomile is relaxing.  ;)

Offline Facesnights

• Facesnights Music Social Network
    • View Profile
    • Facesnights Music Social Network
Maps Location Services problem Whited00r 6 - iPhone 3G Factory Unlocked
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2013, 04:30:50 PM »
Hello i have a normal iPhone 3G 16 g with whited00r 6 baseband 5.15.04, my problem its google maps does not show my location, i probe to clean instalation and dont work too but when i install ios 4.2.1 working perfect (whatsapp not working for this problem i intall whited00r) so  i probe diferents basebands 6.15 , 5.13 but not working only on whited00r but on ios 4.2.1 working perfect(its problem of whited00r) .

Anyone know how to solve the problem of the location? my iPhone 3G is factory unlocked.

PierreP Moderator note: Edited thread title to add relevant keywords as described in Whited00r 6: Tips to Quickly Solve your Problems/Bugs & Get Answers FAST!

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
Re: Location problem whited00r 6
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2013, 06:12:28 PM »
That baseband is actually really bad on whited00r, and I would recommend following this tutorial to change it.

[Solved] whited00r 6 iPhone 3G NO SERVICE