Author Topic: iPod 2g - can't downgrade  (Read 1745 times)

Offline bupchen

• Whited00r iPod iPhone User
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPod Touch 2G
  • My Computer: Mac
iPod 2g - can't downgrade
« on: February 25, 2013, 09:06:26 AM »
I don't claim to be great at this, but I've ALWAYS figured out how to do everything I need to do basically. Until now. Totally stumped. I have an iPod 2g (yes, the version that works with Whited00r) and I can't downgrade to 3.1.3 in order to install whited00r. I've been at this for days. please help!

I have tried with redsn0w and recboot. still nothing. in general, I'm getting 16xx errors or the error that just says that it can't do it.

Oh, and I'm running a mac with OS 10.8 and iTunes 11. Tho I have tried on my other computer with OS10.7 and iTunes 10.
Anyway, if someone can post an exact step by step that I can try... again. Maybe I'm missing something.
Thanks in advance

Offline Julio Cesar

• Jr. Team Member
  • Medio Loco
    • View Profile
    • TheFullyWhited00r
  • Device: iPhone 3G
  • My Computer: Windows
Re: iPod 2g - can't downgrade
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2013, 02:27:51 PM »
I don't claim to be great at this, but I've ALWAYS figured out how to do everything I need to do basically. Until now. Totally stumped. I have an iPod 2g (yes, the version that works with Whited00r) and I can't downgrade to 3.1.3 in order to install whited00r. I've been at this for days. please help!

I have tried with redsn0w and recboot. still nothing. in general, I'm getting 16xx errors or the error that just says that it can't do it.

Oh, and I'm running a mac with OS 10.8 and iTunes 11. Tho I have tried on my other computer with OS10.7 and iTunes 10.
Anyway, if someone can post an exact step by step that I can try... again. Maybe I'm missing something.
Thanks in advance
Hello my friend try putting your ipod in recovery mode(with the itunes logo in the screen) non DFU mode, and then try again, remember your ipod must be a MB one the MC doesn't work with whited00r.

Offline banana

• Banana
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Banana
    • View Profile
    • FinkMac's Blog!
  • Device: iPod Touch 1G
  • My Computer: Mac
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2013, 02:49:03 PM »
Remember that MB/MC refer to the first 2 letters of the Serial numberů
Banana

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
  • Device: iPhone 3G
  • My Computer: Linux
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2013, 03:01:13 PM »
This topic: 16xx errors - 3 methods to solve
or this topic as well Whited00r 6 FAQ & Troubleshooting.

Basically, if you are on windows, use iReb and go into PWNED DFU mode :) if you are on mac, you will need the version of redns0w mentioned in those posts.