Author Topic: iPhone 2G location problem  (Read 4868 times)

Offline Arxa

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile
Re: iPhone 2G location problem
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2013, 05:06:23 AM »
Hey there yep it was working perfect before the trip... So I guess something with the roaming network at Bulgaria happend :/ I ve tried also the reset network option but nothing happend...I think i will manually reset (delete) the apn settings and see what happens...as for the wifi  I have try over 3 different wifi spots (different ip) and all these 3 locate me on same location( Piraeus port around 400 klms from my current location)!

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
  • Device: iPhone 3G
  • My Computer: Linux
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2013, 05:12:08 AM »
It probably was, although I have no clue why it would have been :o 
You didn't install any tweaks or file system mods since it was working did you? Or change any network settings aside from disabling data/data roaming?

Offline Arxa

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2013, 03:33:44 PM »
Yep I have on cydia only sbsettings, icleaner and iFile nothing else installed! On the APN settings I have reset them many times (replacing after with the default) and still nothing happens :/ I think reinstalling fresh and clean WD 6 would be the only way :(((

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2013, 04:28:27 PM »
Yep I have on cydia only sbsettings, icleaner and iFile nothing else installed! On the APN settings I have reset them many times (replacing after with the default) and still nothing happens :/ I think reinstalling fresh and clean WD 6 would be the only way :(((

Looks like it, because the only thing I know of that resets network settings aside from resetting them is to reset them completely :/  Location services are enabled, because it finds your location over wifi, just too far away :/

Offline Arxa

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2013, 08:32:22 PM »
Very wierd....I am again at Bulgaria for some days ( on roaming with my Greek Network) and location works perfect both with Edge and Wifi!!! W T F is this?? I think something has to do with the Bulgarian Network that I am on roaming

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2013, 08:36:34 PM »
Very wierd....I am again at Bulgaria for some days ( on roaming with my Greek Network) and location works perfect both with Edge and Wifi!!! W T F is this?? I think something has to do with the Bulgarian Network that I am on roaming

It is quite possible that it is location based, although it seems very odd that it would be disabled/blocked where you live though :o

Offline PierreP

• WD FAQ Maker
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Everything is Relative
    • View Profile
  • My Computer: Windows
iPhone 2G not have a GPS receiver!
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2013, 05:36:52 AM »
FYI guys: iPhone 2G & iPod Touch 1 & 2G do not have a GPS receiver. They use a-GPS (or AGPS - Assisted GPS) to approximate your location by triangulation using either Edge GPRS and need at least 3 cellular towers or WiFi and show a wide circle representing the margin of error in the native iPhone Maps app.

So you cannot use this tutorial as linked in a previous post above: Whited00r 6 - GPS problem iPhone 3G Baseband 05.13.04 which is for iPhone 3G as it does not have the same baseband and it does have a GPS receiver.

I also deleted a bunch of post by Momicar about his iPhone 3G because this thread is about the iPhone 2G so his post were off topic.