Author Topic: WDFastappswitch memory issues  (Read 2685 times)

Offline cad111

• whited00r.com
    • View Profile
WDFastappswitch memory issues
« on: March 21, 2013, 04:35:40 PM »
Wdfastappswitch needs be fixed because if you launch many apps this tweak will save all icons on multitask bar and it will eat all free memory on idevice! Maybe if change task switcher to save only 4 or 8 apps it will eat less memory! I found this bug because in tired of all apps start crash when you use idevice more than 1 hour! I installed darlo is multitaking and apps crash bug is solved!!
Wdfastappswitcher needs more work to net update!

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
  • Device: iPhone 3G
  • My Computer: Linux
Re: WDFastappswitch memory issues
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2013, 04:30:55 AM »
Please read the Whited00r 6 - FAQ & Troubleshooting - Features - Problems & Issues - How to install iOS Firmware as it explains about the apps not closing out of "multitasking" ;)  They are never actually in the background :P

Offline cad111

• whited00r.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2013, 03:40:47 PM »
I know that apps are not in background and that this wd version dont uses backgrounder!! But, there is a ptoblem with  this tweak memory manager, iy uses much nemory to lauch apps and save icons on taksbar!maybe if you hange it to save only 4 or 8 apps on taskbar it will eat less memory!! If you use whited00r 6 more than 1 hour without respring all apps will start crash because taskbar will eat all free memoryand i installed darlo multitask and this bug is solved! It needs to be fixed in next update..i

Offline cad111

• whited00r.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2013, 04:06:55 AM »
I was testing wdfasppswitcher and i think that memory ram issues are maybe in open.dylib  because this tweak save all url schemes to memory ram ...maybe fix this tweak will fix memory issues...

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
  • Device: iPhone 3G
  • My Computer: Linux
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2013, 04:23:42 AM »
I was testing wdfasppswitcher and i think that memory ram issues are maybe in open.dylib  because this tweak save all url schemes to memory ram ...maybe fix this tweak will fix memory issues...
I don't know if it saves all the URL schemes to RAM, or if it just provides an easy way for developers to open apps, keeping all the heavy lifting of opening apps in the dylib, as more of a library rather than a tweak?  Good catch though on that :)  I think it is only used by Sara, but I would have to do more testing to find out what needs it.  Can't disable it in whited00r though because it is actually found in a default repository and other tweaks may rely on it :(

Offline cad111

• whited00r.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2013, 02:38:22 PM »
It is used in wdfastappswitcher because i disabled open.dylib and just enabled wdfastappswitcher and the task bar save icons but not launch any app! I ddint have ram problems without open.dylib..maybe need fix open or wdfastappswitcher (i think if wdfastappswicther just display only 8 apps will eat less memory)

Offline cad111

• whited00r.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2013, 02:39:42 PM »
Ask to developer try edit wdfastappswitcher to save only 8 icons and i test it for you! Ask to him disable grey effect when taksbar launch too because it is lag taskbar!