Author Topic: AppStore icon disapeared after installing redd00r  (Read 3916 times)

Offline ed_serna

• Whited00r iPod iPhone User
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPod Touch 2G
  • My Computer: Windows
AppStore icon disapeared after installing redd00r
« on: April 03, 2013, 02:00:10 AM »
Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum, however I've read some few threads on  the forum and have successfully installed redd00r on my 2g ipod touch through cydia. Now my problem is that the original app store has vanished and i can only see it through settings. I've tried to figure out what I've done wrong and am left clueless. So I'm wandering if someone can help me get to the solution of the problem. Thanks, I'm running ios4.2.1 on the ipod.
I also wish to know if there is a free app store that supports redd00r at the  moment thanks again.   

Edit by bcooperizcool to provide relevant keywords for searching in the title ;)
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 03:43:56 AM by bcooperizcool »

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
  • Device: iPhone 3G
  • My Computer: Linux
Re: I don't know why my appstore is all of suden disapeared,I need help?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2013, 03:42:47 AM »
Welcome to the forums :)

Redd00r is in a state of limbo right now in terms of stability and support sadly :/   It is very hard to know what exactly causes bugs in it :(

The only thing I can suggest you do is either run in terminal "uicache" (without quotes)
Or else check /Applications/AppStore.app/Info.plist using iFile or iFunBox or iTools to make sure the key "hidden" is not there.

As for a free store for apps, no, install0s shut down (hackol0us) , and the app time machine is only for whited00r (and only for 3.1.3 apps at the moment). 

Offline Andy

• A Mod. I think.
  • Global Moderator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Whited00r 7
    • View Profile
    • Whited00r
  • My Computer: Mac
Re: I don't know why my appstore is all of suden disapeared,I need help?
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2013, 06:57:08 AM »
Welcome to the forums :)

Redd00r is in a state of limbo right now in terms of stability and support sadly :/   It is very hard to know what exactly causes bugs in it :(

The only thing I can suggest you do is either run in terminal "uicache" (without quotes)
Or else check /Applications/AppStore.app/Info.plist using iFile or iFunBox or iTools to make sure the key "hidden" is not there.

As for a free store for apps, no, install0s shut down (hackol0us) , and the app time machine is only for whited00r (and only for 3.1.3 apps at the moment).

Hahaha. I love how you spell them ;)
And I'm pretty sure AppStore isn't hidden in Redd00r :/
But Removing the Line in Info.plist should work
Oh yes. Hi.
I see you've noticed this Signature. Well, all I can tell you is that there's nothing to see here.
Yes, there is nothing interesting here. Just keep scrolling and we'll pretend nothing happened.

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
  • My Computer: Linux
Re: AppStore icon disapeared after installing redd00r
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2013, 01:54:36 PM »
Well I never used them :(  So I don't know off the top of my head how they are spelled :/

I think the uicache method is more likely to work as I don't think the lines were put in, but you never know.

Offline DeathZ

• Whited00r iPod iPhone User
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPod Touch 2G
  • My Computer: Windows
Re: AppStore icon disapeared after installing redd00r
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2013, 03:57:56 AM »
When that happened to me i restored my device and did it again