Author Topic: How to recover contacts from backups on whited00r?  (Read 3081 times)

Offline Alvi.Syed

• Whited00r iPod iPhone User
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 3G
  • My Computer: Windows
How to recover contacts from backups on whited00r?
« on: April 13, 2013, 02:07:42 PM »
Well i really need to recover my contacts :( all my contacts r in the Iphone Backups ???

Edit by bcooperizcool to provide more keywords in the title ;)

Offline gojinku

• View Profile
Re: How to recover contacts from backups
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2013, 06:03:03 PM »
If im not wrong, when you make a backup of your iphone, you have to select Sync contacts with itunes. Then, when you restore the iphone instead of select set as new iphone, you have to select restore from Backup.

Offline Alvi.Syed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2013, 06:10:32 PM »
If im not wrong, when you make a backup of your iphone, you have to select Sync contacts with itunes. Then, when you restore the iphone instead of select set as new iphone, you have to select restore from Backup.
Well its better to set as new phone then there's less chances of bugs and glitches

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
  • My Computer: Linux
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2013, 11:40:07 PM »
Well its better to set as new phone then there's less chances of bugs and glitches
Yes, you must always set up as a new iPhone, but if you had synced your contacts with your computer, you can go to contacts in iTunes and select sync contacts :)  That should restore all the contacts :)  (what I always did when I had friends ;) )

Offline SusanJimmy

• View Profile
Re: How to recover contacts from backups?
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2016, 08:46:48 AM »
In fact, if you want to recover deleted/lost contacts from iPhone, iTunes/iCloud Backup may helps. But if iTunes can't recognize your device or you forget iCloud account password, a third party tool will help such as iPhone Data Recovery, which provides you with three modes to get data back: restore directly from iDevice, recover from iTunes and retrieve from iCloud backups. It can save your time and solve your problem within several steps. What's more, you can restore contacts from iPhone directly or retrieve contacts by choosing iTunes/iCloud Backup mode.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 01:42:59 AM by SusanJimmy »