Author Topic: Suggestions for Whited00r 7  (Read 44455 times)

April 20, 2013, 01:46:16 PM
Read 44455 times

0Summ1n

• Information Offline
  • whited00r user, developer/Hacker
    • View Profile
    • AEOS 7 (ios 7 on 3.x)
  • Device: iPhone 3G
  • My Computer: Windows
Read before posting!
Last edited 16/09/2013 - by bcooperizcool

PierreP note: We have a Whited00r Custom iOS Firmware News & Updates forum board where you can find the latest news about Whited00r so please do not ask in this thread when WD 7 will be ready. ;)

Oh hi.  You probably want to ask for something in the upcoming Whited00r 7, right?
Well, before you do, please take note of the following, as it will save both you and us time and effort :)

Alrighty. Basically, everything that was already said in the Whited00r 6 - FAQ & Troubleshooting - READ BEFORE POSTING!

Apps

This is not the place to ask for apps for 3.1.3, or compatible versions thereof. If you have app requests, keep them in the Apps Compatible with iOS 3.1, 3.1.3, 4.1 & 4.2.1 board.

Do not ask for apps that require a higher iOS to work, or for us to make them work in whited00r 7. It will never ever happen, we cannot do it.  There are so many reasons why not sadly :(

[spoiler="More technical reasons"]
iOS 4.3 and above and apps that requires iOS 4.3 are using binaries CPU instructions sets for newer devices equipped with ARMv7 CPU & faster GPU and only those Apple devices have it:
ARMv7s = iPhone 5, iPad 4
ARMv7  = iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPod Touch 3G, 4G & 5G, iPad, iPad 2, iPad 3 & iPad Mini.

Apple Devices with the ARMv6 CPU supported by Whited00r & App Time Machine but not by Apple anymore and dropped slowly & surely by iTunes   

iPod Touch 1G or 1st Generation  - max iOS 3.1.3
    Original iPhone 2G or 1st Gen - max iOS 3.1.3

iPod Touch 2G or 2nd Gen - max iOS 4.2.1
    iPhone 3G or 2nd Gen - max iOS 4.2.1 but it's dog-slow, the very limit of what that hardware can take. Whited00r is based on a tweaked iOS 3.1.3 because it is much more fluid with plenty of free available RAM to run apps.
[/spoiler]

We also will never include App Store apps in Whited00r due to legal reasons, even if the apps are free.

Feature requests/suggestions

Please do not ask for support for tweaks that require a higher iOS. We cannot do that, for the exact same reason as we can't for the apps. :(

Also, do not ask for cracked tweaks to be included in Whited00r, as that will never happen. We do not support piracy. Period. End of story.  Cracked apps are paid tweaks from Cydia for free, which is wrong. Developers need money to keep developing ;)

Please don't ask for tweaks to be included that have nothing at all to do with iOS7, but seem cool that you want in it.  This is a firmware mimicking higher iOS versions, we have to keep in mind everyone else as well.   Whited00r aims for speed at the same time as functionality, so including tweaks that have nothing to do with iOS7 is just another slowdown that you could just install yourself ;)

Don't ask for certain Whited00r features to be enabled or disabled by default, as that won't happen.  The worst that will happen is you needing to enable them yourself which takes very little time ;)

Also, we already know you want a lot of iOS 7 features, everyone does.  ;)  If you ask for a feature that is in iOS7, instead of just asking (which we know you want already), make a suggestion on how to do it :) 

Supported devices So don't ask for support for other devices ;)
Whited00r has always been, and always will be only for the following devices due to a number of reasons:

-iPod touch 1G
-iPod touch 2G (MB/PB model confirmed for now)
-iPhone 2G
-iPhone 3G

Any other devices are not in consideration to add support for in whited00r ever.  Other projects do exist to support other devices, but are not directly affiliated with whited00r (or as high quality as it/supported as much via development).  Nothing is in the works in terms of other projects for devices other than the ones listed above. Please don't ask for them, because we already know there is a large demand for that, we just don't have the time/experienced personnel to spare at the moment.  :(

Original post :)

before whited00r 7 is released could i suggest some modifications?
1 multi-tasking: i know the app switcher could be very useful, but it can be also a multitasking manager, such as the one in redd00r

2 archetype: credit for bcooperizcool's awesome work i loved archetype it made my device faster but it can also come with whited00r 7
because it is very hard to install, but really worth the trouble.

3 dropbox icloud: I am having a hard time backing up my idevice from the app market menu. everytime i enter my account it says it won't accept new users, and when i create an account via that app it gives an error.I think that should be debugged.

4 ios 6 appstore/app timemachine: my bro has a 4s and the new app store is beautiful maybe the ios 3 appstore could be like that or timemachine.

5 camera option at the lock screen: whited00r should come with the camera option on the lockscreen for quick pictures and recording

6  improved reminders app: the reminders app is very buggy, i bet everyone would be happy if it was debugged.

7 ios 7: when ios 7 comes out try to make whited00r imitate some of its features

thx for replying to this topic i hope that whited00r 7 could come with these extra/improved features!:D
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 11:40:05 PM by bcooperizcool »
AEOS 7, ios 7 on your old idevice see this link for more http://adf.ly/SB1mO

April 20, 2013, 02:48:27 PM
Reply #1

Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Information Online
  • SuperHero Member
  • Administrator
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
  • My Computer: Linux
Welcome to the forums :)

1. The one in redd00r is the native appswitcher ;)  We don't have the code to that one :(

2. Too much stuff not related to whited00r in it (being compatible with every firmware), too hard to rip out individual parts that are just for 3.1.3 :/

3. This is a known issue, datadeposit (the app that it is based on), is using outdated API.  We have the source code courtesy of the developer who actually cared about this project, and it is being looked into to update the API.

4. the App Time Machine is using a webview, but it could be possible in theory using php magic, but we would have to take that up with the masters of the App Time Machine ;)  For the appstore to look like that would require some tweaks, which take time to develop :/

5.  There is one tweak in development that said it would include this, but nothing has been heard from the developer for quite a while now :(

6. Not sure it will be, I think the version in whited00r 6 is the final one :(  (I could be wrong, but again, I haven't heard from the developers of that either for quite a while)

7. Oh yes, we will try :)  We always do with the new firmwares ;)
Trouble? Check this link:
Whited00r 7 FAQ/Bugs and Troubleshooting READ BEFORE POSTING. Chances are it's answered there ;)
Don't know how to use something? Check here:
Whited00r 7 Introduction - What's new and h

April 20, 2013, 05:47:56 PM
Reply #2

0Summ1n

• Information Offline
    • View Profile
    • AEOS 7 (ios 7 on 3.x)
in whited00r 5.1 there was an app switcher where you could delete processes, im not sure if that was real multitasking but couldn't it be inserted in whited00r 6?

April 20, 2013, 06:11:28 PM
Reply #3

Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Information Online
  • SuperHero Member
  • Administrator
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
That was "real" multitasking in as much as it used backgrounder, and only showed backgrounded processes.   In whited00r 6 it is just the apps you recently opened, not backgrounded because backgrounder isn't even installed ;)

Yes, you can get that back, install backgrounder :)  Then disable the fast app switcher via the setup tool, and install the whited00r 5 multitasking from repod00r.com :)
Whited00r 7 FAQ/Bugs and Troubleshooting READ BEFORE POSTING. Chances are it's answered there ;)

April 21, 2013, 01:40:25 AM
Reply #4

0Summ1n

• Information Offline
    • View Profile
    • AEOS 7 (ios 7 on 3.x)
thx man! :D you really helped

April 21, 2013, 01:41:15 AM
Reply #5

0Summ1n

• Information Offline
    • View Profile
    • AEOS 7 (ios 7 on 3.x)
but do i have to uninstall whited00r 6 and install whited00r 5?
i'll see if i can do it.

April 21, 2013, 03:48:25 AM
Reply #6

Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Information Online
  • SuperHero Member
  • Administrator
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
You shouldn't need to uninstall whited00r 6 to get just the multitasking back :o

April 21, 2013, 02:59:39 PM
Reply #7

0Summ1n

• Information Offline
    • View Profile
    • AEOS 7 (ios 7 on 3.x)
I was able to install it without uninstalling anything thx!

April 22, 2013, 02:01:12 AM
Reply #8

313hitman313

• Information Offline
  • GameHeadShot
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 2G
whited00r 7 realeasing date's ??
If you are good at something,
Never do it for free :P

April 22, 2013, 03:43:07 AM
Reply #9

Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Information Online
  • SuperHero Member
  • Administrator
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
whited00r 7 realeasing date's ??
No release dates, ever ;)  iOS 7 hasn't even been released yet ;)   
Anyway, this is a thread about suggestions for it, not about the release ;)

May 03, 2013, 08:26:15 AM
Reply #10

ktmsm

• Information Offline
  • Whited00r User
    • View Profile
Also, regarding "AppMarket" icon as "combo/container" for AppStore, TimeMachine and Cydia - imho it would be much more elegant to do it in a way of putting those three separate icons into Springboard folder by default. And if someone doesn't like folders to be enabled, and/or  doesn't want to have three separate icons, he can always install 3Store from the repo. I think that would be much more elegant. Just my 2 cents. Have fun!

May 03, 2013, 02:17:12 PM
Reply #11

Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Information Online
  • SuperHero Member
  • Administrator
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
Also, regarding "AppMarket" icon as "combo/container" for AppStore, TimeMachine and Cydia - imho it would be much more elegant to do it in a way of putting those three separate icons into Springboard folder by default. And if someone doesn't like folders to be enabled, and/or  doesn't want to have three separate icons, he can always install 3Store from the repo. I think that would be much more elegant. Just my 2 cents. Have fun!
Welcome to the forums :)

Yes, that is a good idea, and I it has been brought up (not the folder, but the separate apps) :)

3Store is no longer supported, and the user does not need to install it (doing so breaks the App Time Machine, which is supported).  The user also wouldn't need to install the App Time Machine even if folders are not enabked, because the icons would just be on the homescreen ;)

Nice idea about the folder though :)

May 18, 2013, 11:40:07 AM
Reply #12

Merwin_Mcduwell

• Information Offline
  • Whited00r IPod User Forever
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPod Touch 2G
 ;)  I want to suggest for some new features in Whited00r  8)
-Cydia Respring problem fix
-Improve ios 3 folders
-Bluetooth stack fix  ( anyother people encounter can't open bluetooth
-more features ^^
-airplane mode ( airplane mode own icon )
-multitasking more useful ( can kill processing apps and music player )
-multitasking repair ( no respring toggle on other devices in multitasking bar )
-Have many tweaks for Whited00r next generation available
-fixes folder renaming ( after renaming a folder click outside then it will go to safe mode )
( other counter this error , I encounter this error in my iTouch 2g )
-improve puch notification
-fix Siri ( sometimes it can't do commands other people encounter this )

That's all  ;)
I like Whited00r so I wanna make it greater than others
Whited00r is my favorite firmware to use  so I wanna spread this to my friends
and make it greater greater ^^  8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
:) :)
Apps for everyone,Tweaks for everyone
Tricks for everyone,Like Whited00r so much 0 . <

May 18, 2013, 07:52:28 PM
Reply #13

Andy

• A Mod. I think.
  • Information Offline
  • SuperHero Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Whited00r 7
    • View Profile
    • Whited00r
  • My Computer: Mac
  • Respring Problem is actually from CYDIA and not from Whited00r. You will have to contact @saurik. Which I've tried, with no replies
  • Unfortunately, Darlo770(Creator of iOS3 Folders) has left Whited00r. And we do not own the source code to that. If Darlo770 ever returns, then it can be fixed, and improved
  • Never had any BT Problems (Don't even use it), so no Comment
  • More Features? Of course ;)
  • MultiTasking on WD6 is only FastAppSwitcher. I guess your implying at iOS3 Multitasking from Repod00r. Those would mean more Substrates, and means that the device will be slowed down. Which is against what Whited00r is achieving. Speed is our Priority
  • The ReSpring Toggle is the Easter Egg Special for Whited00r ;)
  • Tweaks will require licensing, permission of the Creator of those tweaks. And most tweaks won't be compatible with armv6 Devices.
  • Like Point 2, We unforunately don't have the source code for it.
  • The Push Notification System on iOS 3 is very limited. No Local Notification. Only Web Push. Theres nothing we can do :(
  • Siri (aka Sara) Will require the Developer to fix. He owns the source code for it, and we don't

Thank You for the feedbacks though ;)
Oh yes. Hi.
I see you've noticed this Signature. Well, all I can tell you is that there's nothing to see here.
Yes, there is nothing interesting here. Just keep scrolling and we'll pretend nothing happened.

May 19, 2013, 08:08:03 AM
Reply #14

yurik1994

• Information Offline
  • Jr. Team Member
  • [email protected]
    • View Profile
    • Whited00r
Hello, what about coding something like Notification Center? Perhaps smth like that: while clicking on time/battery/carrier (choose one), will open a window, where will be weather, stocks perhaps, and 3rd party apps. I mean either making a iOS-like NC, either making an app (with no link to springboard). I'm not a programmer and I do not know if that's even possible, but it would be a very interesting thing ;)

Sorry, this topic is locked. Only admins and moderators can reply.