Author Topic: Suggestions for Whited00r 7  (Read 88326 times)

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
  • Device: iPhone 3G
  • My Computer: Linux
Re: Suggestions for Whited00r 7
« Reply #255 on: November 29, 2013, 04:08:19 PM »
Hi
Come on guys we can't wait for wd7 anymore, 4 months have passed that ios 7 was released.
A suggestion for the new firmware would be improved settings i mean fix that damn lag that occurs when we open settings on our older devices . And better camera design .

I know everybody is wanting a realease ;) Keep in mind there are only two, maybe three devs and one graphics guy that have been working hard at this in free time (as we do have lives outside of this, and that comes first ;) ).   Apple had teams and teams of people for different things, and unlimited resources in terms of API and changing things pretty much. They didn't have to handle workarounds for balancing perfectly speed and memory usage and features, they didn't have to work out what private API did and reverse engineer things, they had open source stuff for them. We don't :/  We are also limited by older firmware API, not being able to use the latest API from even iOS 4 which would hel

So with that in mind, and that apple was probably working on this for over a year or more, I would say 4 months is nothing from when we could get our hands on iOS 7 ;)

We want to give everyone a stable, and good release. Not a half-baked one ;)  Quality work takes time to iron out wrinkles. (don't iron out your grandparents though please)

As for the settings app lag, do you happen to have any tweaks or cydia packages installed? I don't expereince this at all :o

Offline EgliKasa

• Proud To Be A WD7 User
    • View Profile
  • My Computer: Windows
« Reply #256 on: November 29, 2013, 06:34:26 PM »
Lol i think i got a lil tip from you ,that the new firmware wont be out for about 4-5 month lol :P.
About the settings i mean not a lag , more likely a delay when i open settings it appears blank for 2-3 sec than it shows all the options. That's what i meant .
|Egli Kasa|

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
« Reply #257 on: November 29, 2013, 07:24:22 PM »
Lol i think i got a lil tip from you ,that the new firmware wont be out for about 4-5 month lol :P.
About the settings i mean not a lag , more likely a delay when i open settings it appears blank for 2-3 sec than it shows all the options. That's what i meant .

Haha no tips there, or release dates of any sorts (or hints) :P  Just facts saying in the scheme of things and comparisons, 4 months really isn't long at all to expect a firmware ;) Even a year wouldn't be :P

Oh the settings app is just 3.1.3 and the device hardware being slow I'm thinking. Unless you mean the app has actaully loaded and the pages within that take 2-3 seconds to load...

Offline thattechieguy

• Whited00r iPod iPhone User
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPod Touch 2G
« Reply #258 on: November 30, 2013, 10:03:15 PM »
A suggestion is to bring it to the ipod touch 3rd gen and 4 gen and the iphone 3gs cause they are unfortunate to have no ios 7

Offline iTechy21

• Bashing the shell
  • Global Moderator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Well errr... Stuff :3
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
  • Device: iPod Touch 1G
« Reply #259 on: December 01, 2013, 03:00:58 PM »
A suggestion is to bring it to the ipod touch 3rd gen and 4 gen and the iphone 3gs cause they are unfortunate to have no ios 7
There is no support for those devices and WD has not confirmed if they will support newer devices in the future...
Follow me on twitter! | Subscribe to my YouTube Channel! | Follow my blog!
Please Read all the stickies if you're new. And follow the rules, please :)

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
« Reply #260 on: December 01, 2013, 09:43:23 PM »

Welcome to the forums :)

A nice suggestion, but not in the plans for now (first post says that though ;) ).

Offline SharKs

• View Profile
« Reply #261 on: December 10, 2013, 11:57:56 AM »
Hello Peoples, I'm New To Forum. Few Suggestions,

Whited00r 6 Bugs I came across
             -  With Multitasking Cant Delete Any Apps.
             -  Not Unlocking When Pressed Home Button After a Reboot
             -  Cant Get iOS 4.2.1 Apps, I Use Ipod Touch 2g , Running iOS 3.1.3. So, there may be Separate firmwares
             -  Re-spring is not Working With Cydia

( If Anything you know already Please Ignore

These Things May Be Fixed In Whited00r 7.

So? Whited00r Will have appearance of iOS 7?

Offline FishNoobCrack

• Walrus.
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: December 10, 2013, 04:35:21 PM »

-  Cant Get iOS 4.2.1 Apps, I Use Ipod Touch 2g , Running iOS 3.1.3. So, there may be Separate firmwares

1. There isn't multitasking on WD6.

2. Hard reset has always worked for me. I suggest you try it as well.

3. Whited00r provides the look and feel of more recent iOS firmware found in iOS 5 & iOS 6 and includes several speed up tweaks, custom features normally not available for our older devices like internet tethering (using your iPhone as a modem for your laptop or computer or WiFi tablet), Springboard folders, etc & some special apps. It does NOT however provide the capability to run apps that requires iOS higher than the much faster & less taxing iOS 3.1.3. There is no way to make them work, sorry! (Taken from FAQ)

The best practice when seeing the "Restart SpringBoard" button bar in Cydia after downloading & installing an app or tweak that requires a Respring is to simply press the Home button to shutdown Cydia and reboot your device buy turning it off and back on again manually.

If you are a Whited00r 6 user, you can go to > Settings > General > scroll down to the bottom of the tab and tap Respring.

There is a bug currently in Cydia for devices running any iOS under 4: it gets stuck in an infinite Respring loop with the wheel going on for ever until your battery dies.

If this happens to you and you get stuck in the Cydia Respring loop the solution is to do a Hard Reset:

Hard Reset often solve many problems: hold both Home & Power buttons until the Apple logo appears and let go of the buttons & smell the roses while it is doing it's thing.

No worries, hard reset will not change any of your info, tweaks & apps on the device.

Just derping around, being one of those rare 12-year-olds that actually use grammar and spelling.

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
« Reply #263 on: December 10, 2013, 05:16:17 PM »

Welcome to the forums :)

Most of what you reported/asked has been answered in the Whited00r 6 - FAQ & Troubleshooting - READ BEFORE POSTING!.
Multitasking isn't actually multitasking, but rather a list of recently opened apps. None of them are actually running :)
Disabling Sara should speed up your device, and also fix the home button not unlocking the screen.
Whited00r will always be based on 3.1.3, not 4.2.1.  No apps that require a higher firmware than 3.1.3 on whited00r ever sadly :(
The respring is broken with stock 3.1.3 anyway, nothing to do with whited00r ;)  Do as stated by FishNoobCrack above with the hard reset (thanks @FishNoobCrack! :) )

As for if whited00r will have the appearance of iOS 7, that's still waiting to be seen ;)

Offline SharKs

• View Profile
« Reply #264 on: December 11, 2013, 07:30:42 AM »
Ok Guys, Thanks For Reply.

Will Those Bugs Be fixed in WD 7 ?

New Bugs I Found,

- Cant Use Search tool in left end Homepage
 - Cant Install Popular Tweaks From Cydia, Hence The Firmware is 3.1.3 :(
 - Newsstand Doesn't Have Anything.
 - Games Like :- Earntodie, Mortal Kombat Are not installable.

I Didn't Mean that hard reset is not working, After I Reboot. Device doesn't unlock in 1st press of home button

It will be pretty cool to have separate firmwares for 3.1.3 , 4.2.1 , 4.3+

And then.. How To Disable Siri?
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 10:14:25 AM by SharKs »

Offline SharKs

• View Profile
« Reply #265 on: December 11, 2013, 11:20:59 AM »
Few More Bugs,

- Says "Cannot connect to App store" When App store is opened
 - In App store, When a app is clicked it opens safari and then again goes to App Store.

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
« Reply #266 on: December 11, 2013, 06:22:37 PM »
Ok Guys, Thanks For Reply.

Will Those Bugs Be fixed in WD 7 ?

New Bugs I Found,

- Cant Use Search tool in left end Homepage
 - Cant Install Popular Tweaks From Cydia, Hence The Firmware is 3.1.3 :(
 - Newsstand Doesn't Have Anything.
 - Games Like :- Earntodie, Mortal Kombat Are not installable.

I Didn't Mean that hard reset is not working, After I Reboot. Device doesn't unlock in 1st press of home button

It will be pretty cool to have separate firmwares for 3.1.3 , 4.2.1 , 4.3+

And then.. How To Disable Siri?

Those questions are also answered in the FAQ I linked you to ;)
Search tool, go to Settings -> General -> Spotlight and check all the things there. They are all disabled by default for speed. You may also need to enable it via the setup tool in terminal (also in the FAQ how to use it ;) ).
The firmware cannot give you the ability to install things that require higher firmwares. It's not possible. Or to make the tweaks work on 3.1.3. (answered in the FAQ as well)
Newsstand is kind of broken and really does nothing :(
Games as well, same as tweaks, won't install if they require a higher firmware, and won't work either and can't be made to work (answered in the FAQ as well ;) )

Separate firmwares would be cool, but won't happen (and 4.3+ can't happen ever for the first generation devices).

Disabling Siri can be done via the setup tool in terminal :)

Few More Bugs,

- Says "Cannot connect to App store" When App store is opened
 - In App store, When a app is clicked it opens safari and then again goes to App Store.

Appstore is kind of iffy at best, although the opening safari and then appstore is actually a bug :(

Offline SharKs

• View Profile
« Reply #267 on: December 12, 2013, 07:10:57 AM »
So, How do Get KillBackground in My Device? And I cant play the games i played before.
Question is will there be separate firmwares in WD 7 ( like 3.1.3 and 4.2.1+ )

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
« Reply #268 on: December 12, 2013, 05:05:03 PM »
So, How do Get KillBackground in My Device? And I cant play the games i played before.
Question is will there be separate firmwares in WD 7 ( like 3.1.3 and 4.2.1+ )

That's a tweak right? Don't need it on whited00r. The list of apps in the app switcher are not actually open or running in the background. 
Yes you can't play games because that you used before because you are running a lower firmware. The only way to play games that require a higher firmware is to run the firmware on your device, if your device supports it.  Have you searched the App Time Machine for the games though? It's possible it has older versions of them that were compatible with 3.1.3.

No, there will never be separate whited00r firmwares for 3.1.3 and 4.2.1.  No 4.2.1+ either, because the old devices cannot ever run higher than 4.2.1.

Offline SharKs

• View Profile
« Reply #269 on: December 13, 2013, 05:32:49 AM »
Few More bugs in Attachments.

- Folder bugs