Author Topic: From whited00r to Redd00r ?  (Read 4272 times)

Offline istp

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile
From whited00r to Redd00r ?
« on: April 25, 2013, 03:54:27 PM »
Is it possible I need the best instructions to change to redd00r coz i want apps that are higher than 3.1.3 but now higher than 4.2.1/4.1

So i found that redd00r works with 4.2.1 firmware which should make me able to get those things so Just need ful instructions and correction to my answers .

Offline momircar11

• SuperHero Member
  • Whited00r User
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 3G
  • My Computer: Windows
Re: From whited00r to Redd00r ?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2013, 05:19:57 PM »
It is possible. Everything is possible... ;) But your phone will be veeery slow on iOS 4, so I wouldn't recommend it to you. Cheers ;D
iPhone 3G (8GB) - WD 6.0

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
  • My Computer: Linux
Re: From whited00r to Redd00r ?
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2013, 11:53:24 PM »
No it isn't possible at the moment due to the repo being down (well, the whole redd00r server is down to be exact).

If it comes back online, yes, it is possible, but you would need to follow the whole instruction page, and even then, it isn't stable by any means.  I think the server will be replaced when the next version is released, but there are no release dates set for that (so don't ask ;) ).

Offline chrish101

• Whited00r iPod iPhone User
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPod Touch 2G
  • My Computer: Windows
Redd00r vs whited00r?
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2013, 04:18:10 PM »
PierreP moderator note 2013-07-31:
Redd00r is really buggy and old and does NOT work anymore. We recommend waiting for an update that will be announced after the next Whited00r update. Sorry, we cannot give a release date yet so please do not ask.

Meanwhile, you can try bcooperizcool's Archetype -- Custom firmware package for every iOS

Original post:

I currently have wd 6 installed on my ipod touch 2g running 3.1.3 but looks like ios 6. I heard of redd00r today and was wondering what the difference was. Which is better for my device? Will redd00r have the fixed multitasking features that work and run ios 6 or will it still run 3.1.3? Please don't give me the links as I have already visited and read them but I still don't get what the difference is and which is better for my device.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 08:16:28 AM by PierreP »

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
  • My Computer: Linux
Re: Redd00r vs whited00r?
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2013, 05:17:28 PM »
Whited00r for now, as redd00r hasn't been updated in about a year, so it is not stable at all, and uses outdated code (I would know, I wrote the framework it depends on, but I have updated it since, but redd00r has not been updated to work with it).

An update is being worked on for redd00r, but for now, you are much better off with whited00r :)