Author Topic: Group Messaging?  (Read 2191 times)

Offline cinnamonxv

• whited00r.com
    • View Profile
Group Messaging?
« on: April 29, 2013, 11:51:19 PM »
I feel like its not possible but its worth asking, for the iPhone 2G can it do group chats like the newer iPhone versions?

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
  • Device: iPhone 3G
  • My Computer: Linux
Re: Group Messaging?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2013, 02:49:23 AM »
I feel like its not possible but its worth asking, for the iPhone 2G can it do group chats like the newer iPhone versions?

I don't think so, at least not with the stock messaging app at any rate :/  If just adding in multiple names doesn't work then you probably need a third party app to do it :(

I know there was a couple apps that did support it, one being textplus. You could try that out, I know it supported 3.1.3 at some point so it is probably in the App Time Machine, if not I can crack it and upload it to here/the App Time Machine.

Offline cinnamonxv

• whited00r.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2013, 03:13:48 AM »
I don't think so, at least not with the stock messaging app at any rate :/  If just adding in multiple names doesn't work then you probably need a third party app to do it :(

I know there was a couple apps that did support it, one being textplus. You could try that out, I know it supported 3.1.3 at some point so it is probably in the App Time Machine, if not I can crack it and upload it to here/the App Time Machine.
Ah crappy, I'll try that! I'm actually really happy with WD6, its pretty cool and stable. Just wish it had group messaging. Do you know of any tweaks to get the messages to show the time/date when texts are received/sent

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
SMS TimeStamps
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2013, 03:54:06 AM »
I think there is one tweak that does that, but I really can't remember the name of it off the top of my head, it had been ages since I used it :(  I think there is a tweak that shows when you received and sent messages, every message.
*quick google later*  Ah, it is called "SMS TimeStamps", but I don't think it is compatible with 3.1.3 :/
Also another one (this one is free, not sure about the other, but I'm sure a pirate repo has it so you can test if it works on 3.1.3 ;) ), called xMessages.

Offline Andy

• A Mod. I think.
  • Global Moderator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Whited00r 7
    • View Profile
    • Whited00r
  • My Computer: Mac
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2013, 04:04:25 AM »
Group Message was introduced in iOS4. But only to selected Carriers

You can still message multiple people, but won't be like a Group Message, rather just 1 Message with many Recipients.

For the past 4 Carriers I have had, none of them have group message, (Which is sad. :( ) ANd I think it is only available with AT&T and Verizon in the US.

For TimeStamp, you could try to code that yourself, I saw it somewhere :/ Might have to google that though ;D
Oh yes. Hi.
I see you've noticed this Signature. Well, all I can tell you is that there's nothing to see here.
Yes, there is nothing interesting here. Just keep scrolling and we'll pretend nothing happened.

Offline cinnamonxv

• whited00r.com
    • View Profile
Re: SMS TimeStamps
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2013, 03:06:46 AM »
I think there is one tweak that does that, but I really can't remember the name of it off the top of my head, it had been ages since I used it :(  I think there is a tweak that shows when you received and sent messages, every message.
*quick google later*  Ah, it is called "SMS TimeStamps", but I don't think it is compatible with 3.1.3 :/
Also another one (this one is free, not sure about the other, but I'm sure a pirate repo has it so you can test if it works on 3.1.3 ;) ), called xMessages.
So I guess Big Boss repo comes default with Whited00r? I searched for xMessages cause thats what google says who has it, and it doesn't come up :(

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2013, 03:23:36 AM »
Yes it does :)

Uhmmmm search xMessage MyRepoSpace and one of those dregs should have it :)

Offline Yikityblar

• Whited00r iPod iPhone User
    • View Profile
  • My Computer: Windows
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2013, 04:56:23 AM »
Pretty sure xmessages is for ios 5+

Offline n0s-speed

• Not here for some time. Enrolled in the Army.
    • View Profile
  • Device: Does Not Own iDevice ARMv6
  • My Computer: Windows
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2013, 02:56:54 AM »
If U Mean Sending 1 Msg To More Than 1 Contact Or Group At The Same Time There's A Cydia Tweak Doing This Job It's GroupSend 1.6 (Paid Tweak) & Btw Forget This Idea If U Have 2G Or 3G It Only Works With 3GS Or Newer.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 03:51:12 AM by n0s-speed »
R.I.P. Paul Walker [September 12, 1973 - November 30, 2013] ~