Author Topic: [Solved] Broken Power or Home Buttons and entering DFU mode  (Read 115348 times)

Offline Miighaa

• Whited00r iPod iPhone User
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 3G
  • My Computer: Windows
Re: Having trouble with broken buttons and entering DFU mode?
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2013, 08:47:08 PM »
the redsnow dfu

I'm pretty sure that is normal. You are now in DFU mode, or should be.  Is the device detected in iTunes?

yep

so is it in a dfu mode or no ; how should i know ?

Now it is in DFU mode, you follow the rest of the instillation instructions ;)

okeeeyyyy thhhnxxxx<33 with the normal version or the unlocked ? haha sorry for all this questions
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 10:26:02 PM by PierreP »

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
  • My Computer: Linux
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2013, 09:34:10 PM »
okeeeyyyy thhhnxxxx<33 with the normal version or the unlocked ? haha sorry for all this questions

Don't know because you didn't give the information that PierreP asked multiple times for ;)  Looks like you may end up needing to do everything all over again, which is a really long process without a working home/power button, just because you didn't get the info needed to tell you what to do :(

Offline Miighaa

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2013, 11:18:42 AM »
i swear forecast didnt detect my phone :// now it's in a dfu mode when i try to restore it with whitedoor normal itunes shows 1600 erreur ggrrrrrr

Merged post #1
im gonna try thiis http://www.whited00r.com/forum/index?topic=7419.0

Merged post #2
good news after i restore with the 3.1.2 forecast detected my phone

Merged post #3
hi agaain i did what they said can u pliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiizz tell me wich version of whitedoor to do

Merged post #3
this is after blackrain and there's no sim on the top when i opend cydia yo install ultrasnow to unlocked it  i added a bad URL i guess(from a web site ) now whenever i open cydia; it crashes on loading data

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2013, 03:54:19 PM »
Haha you need to keep in mind that whited00r is world wide, and that there are different time zones ;)  I was asleep when you posted those, so that is why you don't always get a quick response.  Otherwise, when I can, I normally respond within an hour except around lunch and supper time for me ;)

So, as of your last post, you were on whited00r with no baseband from the looks of it.  So, you are lucky and get a blank baseband :)

What you need to do to have service is download the stock 3.1.3 firmware for your device, so find the iPhone 3G (3.1.3) firmware from this page and download it (unless you already have the stock 3.1.3 firmware) iPod/iPhone firmware downloads.
Then restore to that in iTunes (shift+click the restore button in iTunes with the device connected and browse to the downloaded firmware).
After that finishes, you then have to enter DFU mode again how you did before, use iReb to enter PWNED DFU mode, and then get the unlocked version of whited00r for your device.
Shift+click restore in iTunes again and browse to the downloaded whited00r .ipsw, and let it finish restoring.   

Offline Miighaa

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2013, 06:13:09 PM »
theeenk u theeenk u theeenk uuuuuuuuu :*** im gonnaa do it

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2013, 08:10:44 PM »
theeenk u theeenk u theeenk uuuuuuuuu :*** im gonnaa do it

Also, as a future note, there is an edit button on posts, so for your last post if no one has posted after you, you can edit that rather than posting multiple times, as it saves time for the mods cleaning it up :)  Thank you! :)

Hope those instructions work, they should do.  Just make sure to reboot the device twice after you install whited00r ;)

Offline Miighaa

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2013, 08:32:31 PM »
okeyyy thnx and while doin' all that should i put my sim card on my iphone or whithout it

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2013, 08:39:30 PM »
okeyyy thnx and while doin' all that should i put my sim card on my iphone or whithout it

It shouldn't matter, but to be safe maybe leave it out until all is finished and the two reboots are done :)

Offline Miighaa

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2013, 08:46:39 PM »
okidokiiii oh and hhaha soory it the last i hope :p when i use redsnow to create that "enter dfu ..." can i use the one that i allready have (but i creat it with the 4.2.1) or i create another one with the 3.1.3

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2013, 08:50:08 PM »
okidokiiii oh and hhaha soory it the last i hope :p when i use redsnow to create that "enter dfu ..." can i use the one that i allready have (but i creat it with the 4.2.1) or i create another one with the 3.1.3

Create another one with the 3.1.3, and don't get them mixed up!

Offline PierreP

• WD FAQ Maker
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Everything is Relative
    • View Profile
Flashing Firmware Without SIM - Broken Power Button Workaround
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2013, 10:48:58 PM »
[when flashing a firmware]...should i put my sim card on my iphone or whithout it

To avoid any problems I always flash the firmware without SIM, reboot twice (turn off, wait 5 seconds, turn back on. Do it again an other time.) then turn off a third time and insert the SIM.

It's not as good as turning off the iPhone but if your power button is broken in Whited00r there is a Respring switch feature: > Settings > General > scroll all the way down to Respring.

As a workaround you can assign a gesture to turn off the iPhone (or Reboot, Respring, Sleep, etc) by installing > Cydia > Activator. You can download the Activator deb file here, copy it to the iPhone using iTools or iFunBox & install it using the free Cydia > iFile: http://apt.thebigboss.org/onepackage.php?bundleid=libactivator

For those who have a working power button note that Activator may shorten the battery life depending on the number of actions that you have set as it is a MobileSubstrate addon with listeners and will consume some RAM so don't install it if you do not really need it.

Connecting the iPhone to a wall charger or a computer will turn it back on. It may take up to 24 hours if the battery is totally discharged.

Offline Miighaa

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2013, 10:30:01 AM »
okeeey thnxx ;i couldnt enter in a dfu mode ; i create one (3.1.3) with redsnow but when i restore it with itunes when it finish it stay the same (itunes logo and the cable ) i repet it many times but nothing can i restore it with the enter dfu 4.2.1 because it worked for me the last time and it becomes all black or can i whitedoor it :p without a dfu mode
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 11:40:34 AM by Miighaa »

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2013, 01:36:40 PM »
Maybe it will work with the one for 4.2.1, I was just hoping it would work with the 3.1.3 one :/ 
You need a DFU mode to follow my instructions otherwise you will get install errors :(  So use the 4.2.1 DFU and hopefully your baseband won't get updated.

Offline Miighaa

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2013, 05:26:30 PM »
hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii =DD so im done with it finally ; i reaalllyyy wanna thank youuu botthh ur greaatttt i did the unlocked version like u said im gonna reboot it twice n put my sim thnnxx agaaaaiiiiinnnnnnn mouaaah

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2013, 05:29:15 PM »
hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii =DD so im done with it finally ; i reaalllyyy wanna thank youuu botthh ur greaatttt i did the unlocked version like u said im gonna reboot it twice n put my sim thnnxx agaaaaiiiiinnnnnnn mouaaah

Haha glad to hear it ;D   Hope everything works well for you, and sorry you had issues in the first place ;)  It can be kind of hard to understand if you are new to jailbreaking and custom firmwares, but we are here to help :)