Author Topic: [Solved] Broken Power or Home Buttons and entering DFU mode  (Read 115347 times)

Offline Miighaa

• Whited00r iPod iPhone User
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 3G
  • My Computer: Windows
Re: Having trouble with broken buttons and entering DFU mode?
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2013, 06:06:20 PM »
hey :/ when i put my sim in there's always no sim i reboot it again n again but nothin :(( im gonna die right now

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
  • My Computer: Linux
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2013, 06:16:26 PM »
hey :/ when i put my sim in there's always no sim i reboot it again n again but nothin :(( im gonna die right now

What baseband do you have (using f0recast, but make sure to edit out the private information like PierreP did for you before), and what version of whited00r did you restore to (unlocked  or normal)?

Offline Miighaa

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2013, 07:16:55 PM »
unlocked

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2013, 10:08:39 PM »
I don't know why that isn't working for you :(  Was the SIM ever working in that iPhone before, or is it a new SIM?  (or have you ever even used a SIM in that iPhone?  ).   Do you know anyone who would let you pop in a SIM card just to test for service?   You would have to reboot the device after putting it in most likely though.

Offline PierreP

• WD FAQ Maker
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Everything is Relative
    • View Profile
Re: SIM Not Working or No Service or Insert Valid SIM
« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2013, 10:44:28 PM »
...when i put my sim in there's always no sim i reboot it again n again but nothin...

This is for the Whited0Or Unlocked version for carrier locked iPhone with a ultrasn0w unlockable modem firmware (a.k.a. baseband or bb) 05.12.01, 05.13.04 or 06.15.00 only. If your iPhone has baseband 05.14.02 or 05.15.04 you need to downgrade the modem firmware to be able to carrier unlock it. See [Solved] iPhone 3G iOS 4.2.1 Stuck in Baseband 05.15.04 - No Service - What to do if you have that baseband and want to install whited00r 6 Unlocked version to be able to use any SIM.

If you installed Whited00r Normal version then connect to iTunes on a computer with internet access & it will activate your iPhone only if you have a Factory Unlocked iPhone or if you have the carrier's original SIM that came with the iPhone.

1- Install Cydia > Activator as described above & assign a gesture to turn off the iPhone because your power button is broken. Connect to a wall charger (better) or a computer to turn it back on.

2- Turn off iPhone, remove SIM & clean the golden contacts with alcohol. Don't touch them with your fingers as it will deposit corrosive human oil on them.

3- Re-insert SIM & turn on the iPhone.

4- If you see No service on the Statusbar, turn on > Settings > Airplane mode for 5 seconds & turn off & let it find your cellular provider.

5- If it is still not working, turn off the iPhone & try with an other known working SIM. If this is not working you may have some broken SIM junctor reader contacts like in my friend's iPhone 2G from careless SIM inserting. The part is cheap on Fleabay but it's a 1 hour job replacing it & requires soldering. With the SIM tray removed, you can try to look inside the slot with a magnifying glass & a flashlight.

6- If you don't have an other SIM, try your SIM in an other phone or call your cellular provider to make sure it is activated. Ask them also abut 3G data if you want that too and ask them for the correct APN info.

To enable 3G data on an iPhone with a 3G enabled SIM, insert correct APN info from the cellular provider in > Settings > Network ( or Cellular) > Cellular Data Network > APN:

If it still does not work, report exactly the steps you did.

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2013, 12:02:09 AM »
He is using the correct whited00r version, with a good baseband so no worries on those two things, but the other things are a really good idea to follow :)

Offline PierreP

• WD FAQ Maker
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Everything is Relative
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2013, 12:06:32 AM »
He is using the correct whited00r version, with a good baseband so no worries on those two things...

I know that from the f0rcast screen capture and the laconic "unlocked" he posted above but hopefully he is not the only one who will read this thread and I always try to cover all base for the benefit of other users who may have a similar problem.  ;)

Also the hungry NSA PRISM Program web spying & vacuuming robot likes to collect stuff.  :o

Offline Miighaa

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2013, 12:33:14 PM »
Thnxxx guys oh n by thé way it's a "she" haha im a girl :p so i dont need to downgrade it ! my sim was working before all That n now there's "no sim" not even no servise or somthing :/ i guess it not possible that the problem is in the sim  junctor reader because it was workin so i guess it cant just broke while restorin' the iPhone right ? Also i did try others sim :/

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2013, 04:25:50 PM »
I don't know how you could have broken it by doing a software thing :o   Did you try everything PierreP posted above in his long post with pictures and step by step instructions?  The stuff not to do with downgrading the baseband you can ignore but the other stuff is really good to try ;)

Offline Miighaa

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2013, 07:18:40 PM »
Yep :/ turn it off turn it on turn it off again clain it with alcohool insert m'y sim turn it on again nothin' activate plan mode desactivate it try pthers sims (same thing) try my sim in a onother phone(works fine) i even deleted ultrasnow and reinstale it ,all that :/ should i install a onther desimlocker from cydia ?

Offline PierreP

• WD FAQ Maker
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Everything is Relative
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2013, 07:45:51 PM »
...i even deleted ultrasnow and reinstale it... should i install a onther desimlocker from cydia...

Don't do any other steps on your iPhone 3G carrier locked besides exactly the ones we suggest otherwise you are messing up the troubleshooting suggestions we are making.  :-\

1- Whited00r never changes your baseband.

2- If your iPhone's SIM reader & activated SIM are working fine then the only problem I see could be a bad modem firmware (baseband) flashing.

3- The ultrasn0w SIM Carrier unlocker included in the Whited00r Unlocked version works fine and after hundreds of thousands of WD users installing it, I never saw any reports of it not unlocking the iPhone 3G on bb 5.12 or 5.13 or iPad's 6.15.

4- Make 100% sure that the data cable is working at 100% and that the data port on the iPhone is clean & the pins are not corroded, missing or twisted.

You are still on baseband 5.12, right?

If so, you could re-install stock unmodified iOS 3.1.3 WITHOUT SIM which comes w/ bb 5.12 using iTunes then the Whited00r Unlocked iPhone3G_Unlocked_WD6.ipsw over it WITHOUT SIM, install Activator and turn off & back on twice before turning it off again and inserting a known working SIM.

After the iOS 3.1.3 you could use the custom DFU mode redsn0w firmware or try to install directly WD Unlock w/o DFU mode & it should work anyway.

Offline faaar

• www.whited00r.com
    • View Profile
DFU mode on iPod touch 1G with home button broken?
« Reply #41 on: August 28, 2013, 04:21:36 PM »
Hi guys!! I' ve an Ipod Touch 1G,firmware 3.1.3.
I tried to install whited00r but the installation failed because of error 1604..I think that's because I can't put my device in Dfu mode (my home button is broken).
Any solution?
I'm using the last version of iTunes on windows xp

Edit by bcooperizcool to provide more keywords in the title :)
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 04:57:10 PM by bcooperizcool »

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
Re: DFU mode on iPod touch 1G with home button broken?
« Reply #42 on: August 28, 2013, 04:56:38 PM »
Welcome to the forums :)

Try this post to enter DFU mode with a broken home button:
[Solved] Broken Power or Home Buttons and entering DFU mode

Then after it is in DFU mode, use iReb v5 for windows to enter PWNED DFU mode, and then restore to whited00r :)

Offline faaar

• www.whited00r.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 28, 2013, 07:26:20 PM »
Welcome to the forums :)

Try this post to enter DFU mode with a broken home button:
[Solved] Broken Power or Home Buttons and entering DFU mode

Then after it is in DFU mode, use iReb v5 for windows to enter PWNED DFU mode, and then restore to whited00r :)

tinyumbrella works with the recovery mode,not the dfu :(

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
« Reply #44 on: August 28, 2013, 07:35:36 PM »
Try the reply number 6, replacing the files for the iPhone 3G with the ones for your iPod touch :)
[Solved] Broken Power  or Home Button DFU mode