Author Topic: [Solved]Can't restore to any iOS on iPhone 3G  (Read 3690 times)

Offline uli4351

• www.whited00r.com
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 3G
  • My Computer: Windows
[Solved]Can't restore to any iOS on iPhone 3G
« on: July 28, 2013, 06:02:44 PM »
Hello. I was using WD but i wanted to update to 4.2.1, even if it's slow i wanted to try some "things"
Now, the problem comes when i tried to restore to stock iOS 4.2.1 with no Baseband Upgrade, I put my iPhone in DFU and selected the right .ipsw  , during the restore in iTunes said "Preparing your iPhone for Restore" and my iPhone stayed in a white screen until iTunes shows Error "1601" . and now when i power on the iPhone stays in the iTunes Icons asking to restore.
Using Windows, uninstalled iTunes and re-installed. (Now i'm trying with another pc. I'll update this thread if sometging happens)

Thanks.

Tried in an old mac using iTunes 9.2, iTunes can't connect to iPhone update service.

Hmmm... kind of fixed, while the screen was white, I closed iTunes and started again, with the screen still white, Pressed Shift+Restore, selected .ipsw and the Apple logo with the progress bar shows on the iPhone but iTunes is still "Preparing iPhone to restore" . I'll give it a few more minutes.

Well, Fixed, in order to fix, this is what i made.
-Use iReb for PWN DFU
-Open iTunes, press Shif+Restore and selected Stock iOS 4.2.1 Modified with Sn0wbreeze for no baseband upgrade. (It can be any firmware)
-Wait for the white screen, about 5 minutes. Close iTunes, Open again and, again, Shift+Restore and select the same firmware.
-The iPhone will show the Apple logo and the progress bar. iTunes will still show "Preparing iPhone for restore"
-About 5 minutes later, the restore will continue normally.
-Done!

theguitar Moderator note: This problem is now [Solved] so edited the thread title by adding [Solved] and changed the Message icon to Thumb Up as described in Whited00r 6: Tips to Quickly Solve your Problems/Bugs & Get Answers FAST!
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 02:51:14 AM by theguitar »

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
  • My Computer: Linux
Re: Can't restore to any iOS on iPhone 3G
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2013, 07:38:59 PM »
Glad you figured it out :O

For future reference you can edit posts if no one has posted after you, to avoid cluttering up the forums/thread :)  (I edited them all together and removed the extra ones just now so don't worry about it here ;) ).

That's what I would have suggested to get around the 16xx errors, as that is what the general solution is (entering PWNED DFU mode).

Just out of curiosity, what version of iReb did you use?

Offline uli4351

• www.whited00r.com
    • View Profile
  • My Computer: Windows
Re: Can't restore to any iOS on iPhone 3G
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2013, 08:10:14 PM »
Glad you figured it out :O

For future reference you can edit posts if no one has posted after you, to avoid cluttering up the forums/thread :)  (I edited them all together and removed the extra ones just now so don't worry about it here ;) ).

That's what I would have suggested to get around the 16xx errors, as that is what the general solution is (entering PWNED DFU mode).

Just out of curiosity, what version of iReb did you use?

iReb R5.