Author Topic: Re: Whited00r 6 bug reports READ BEFORE POSTING!  (Read 4758 times)

Offline nreducto01

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Whited00r 6 bug reports READ BEFORE POSTING!
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2012, 07:32:52 AM »
In the app switcher, entire folders appear instead of individiual apps. ???

Offline chechaco

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2012, 11:21:01 AM »
I have not found the settings list of Сontacts!
iPhone 2G, Whited00r 6.0 Unlocked...

Offline mattewre

• Whited00r Founder
  • Administrator
  • Whited00r Founder
    • View Profile
    • www.whited00r.com
  • Device: iPhone 2G
  • My Computer: Mac
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2012, 11:34:06 AM »
READ THIS BEFORE POSTING
If you are reading this, that probably means you are having a bug of one form or another. We will help you, if you read below first. If your issue is covered below, then please pay attention to what is said in that section! 

Quick answers/Rules of posting
iOS4+ apps don't work! :'(
DO NOT POST SAYING YOU CAN'T RUN APPS THAT REQUIRE ANYTHING ABOVE 3.1.3! It is very likely going to be deleted, and you treated with not very much respect.   Whited00r only provides the look and feel of a higher firmware. It does NOT provide the capability to run apps higher than 3.1.3. There is no way to make them work. So seriously, DON'T POST ABOUT IT (unless you are some brilliant developer who actually has proof they made it work on lower firmwares...)

Where is Cydia? D:
Look in the AppMarket and swipe left/right until you find it. The AppMarket has the AppStore icon. So, don't post saying you can't find it, because if you actually read this post, you would have had your answer.

I can't close apps out of multitasking!
This is because we use a new tweak in whited00r 6 for multitasking, which instead of showing actual open apps, just shows the recently opened apps. Whited00r 6 doesn't even use backgrounder, so none of the apps are actually in the background. It is more of a fast app switcher.

Where are the music controls/respring easter egg in multitasking?
As with above, we replaced the tweak with a different one that lacks these features. If you want this, then you will need to remove the current app switcher and replace it with the old one from the repo. 
Remove/rename /Library/MobileSubstrate/DynamicLibraries/WDFastApp.dylib to something else (not .dylib though)
Then install iOS3 Multitasking from the repo.

Sara (Siri) issues
It is possible any issues you are having (no response, etc) are caused by the server being overloaded. If Sara doesn't respond/takes a long time, this is most likely the issue.

Sara is crashing with location related responses for most people, this is a know bug, and we do not need multiple topics about it. Unless you have specific information which you think could help solve this (such as it works in some cases but not others) please refrain from posting generically that it doesn't work.

Sara is also crashing with music controls and toggling vibrate. This is due to those features needing a higher iOS version, although I am not 100% certain this is the issue. Please don't post about this unless you actually have a case where it works sometimes, but not others (such as certain circumstances.)

Video Recording
In WD6 the Videos you record with Cycorder are automatically moved with a symbolic link to the camera roll. You can't see them from "Images" application, but they can be transferred to your PC in the same way of photos (for example with iPhoto for OSX). If you can't record video, try to shot a photo or take a screenshot, then try again to use Cycoder.

Team members, please feel free to edit this to add in other known bugs that may occur, as well as solutions that are found so as to try and keep the forum clean.
iPhone 2G Unlocker, iPhone 3G Normal, iPod Touch 2G MB, iPod Touch 2G MC

Offline evgewka

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2012, 12:28:13 PM »
Hello! Thanks for the great firmware! Podskaeie please as completely disable native multitasking? Terminal configurator does not work: ( sorry my bad English.

Offline benben19950723

• Using an Apple iPhone 5
    • View Profile
    • Answers? Here.
  • Device: iPod Touch 2G
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2012, 02:38:51 PM »
Hmm... I've restored to Whited00r 6 on my iPod Touch 2G MB and then restore from backup with iTunes. My voice memos, clock, iTunes and the calculator apps disappeared from the home screen. But the files still in the var/stash/Applications directory. HELP???!!!  :'(

Whited00r, your iDevice's reason to live.

Offline nreducto01

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2012, 04:55:32 PM »
Never restore from backup. It causes a lot of issues for a majority of users, even for official firmware..  :)

Offline max_cawell

• Why So Serious?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2012, 05:01:34 PM »
Can you tell me how you got Sara to open like Siri and how you got the iOS6 Sharing Menu

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
  • Device: iPhone 3G
  • My Computer: Linux
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2012, 05:03:34 PM »
Can you tell me how you got Sara to open like Siri and how you got the iOS6 Sharing Menu
Magic mate :)  no, we have developers :)

Offline benben19950723

• View Profile
    • Answers? Here.
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2012, 11:28:22 PM »
Quote from: nreducto01 link=topic=6916.msg67535#msg67535 date=
Never restore from backup. It causes a lot of issues for a majority of users, even for official firmware..  :)
Never mind, apparently I figured out, understand why it happened and solved my problem. Those apps were in Folders when I backup with iTunes. So there were no folders feature in iOS 3. So iTunes just back them up as apps? Images? So I installed iFile and make the glitch. They all appeared on the homescreen already. :P

Offline benben19950723

• View Profile
    • Answers? Here.
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2012, 06:44:36 AM »
Bug reports from a user:

Hello did anyone noticed that Safari's Javascript is Disabled?? I tried enabling/disabling trhough settings App, but apparently it has no change in Safari app.. bc It is disabled, I know bc Facebook doesnt load properly and when you access Twitter website it says that I have to enable Javascript... Does anyone know about this?
I triedswitching off the Sharer plugin through "setup" scrpit but.. still the same

Another random bugs:
*Airplane mode toggle doesnt work properly
*Localization doesnt work

Device: iTouch 2G MB model WD6
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 07:06:27 AM by benben19950723 »

Offline benben19950723

• View Profile
    • Answers? Here.
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2012, 07:13:29 AM »
1. Some default wallpapers are missing.
2. The FastAppSwitcher lags a bit when scrolling pages here and there. And there seems that vertical scrolling on
    the icons make the icon name being scrolled.
3. Everytime I scroll down the page in TimeMachine to download an app, the prompt alert to press the "OK" button
    always appears on the top of the page, making it frustrating for me to scroll up everytime when I want to
    download an app.
4. There seems to be a problem with the "setup" script in Mobile Terminal. After enabling the push notification with
    the "setup" script, i tried to go back to the main menu but it still reloads the page of the "push notification
    option".
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 09:12:25 AM by benben19950723 »

Offline Facesnights

• Facesnights Music Social Network
    • View Profile
  • My Computer: Windows
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2012, 09:57:24 AM »
Hello i have the same problem in terminal app when you active ipusher i canīt return to first menu, and donīt see icon ipusher on springboard.

And other question how change Sara or Siri language ??? i want Spanish language by default its English

Thank you and sorry for my english.

Offline benben19950723

• View Profile
    • Answers? Here.
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2012, 10:07:51 AM »
Hello i have the same problem in terminal app when you active ipusher i canīt return to first menu, and donīt see icon ipusher on springboard.

And other question how change Sara or Siri language ??? i want Spanish language by default its English

Thank you and sorry for my english.
Try and Respring through using the Respring toggle in Settings>General.  :o

Offline Facesnights

• View Profile
  • My Computer: Windows
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2012, 10:12:41 AM »
i respring with sbsettings but ipusher not working and i dont know how change sara or siri for spanish language, you know how fix it???

Offline benben19950723

• View Profile
    • Answers? Here.
« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2012, 12:45:55 PM »
how to turn off data usage whited00r 6
You shouldn't post this here.