Author Topic: WD Forum Bugs & Suggestions  (Read 2249 times)

Offline PierreP

• WD FAQ Maker
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Everything is Relative
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 3G
  • My Computer: Windows
WD Forum Bugs & Suggestions
« on: July 31, 2013, 06:28:33 PM »
Help us making the forum better & report bugs you found here.  8)

If it is when viewing the forum on your computer, please include your OS version (Windows or Mac) and the version & name of the browser you are using.

If it is when viewing the forum from your device,  include your OS version and the version & name of the browser or app (like Tapatalk) you are using.

All suggestions about look, structure, content, etc of the forum itself are also welcome.  ;)

Offline PHJayvee1G

• iPod touch 1G User From Philippines.
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPod Touch 1G
Re: WD Forum Bugs & Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2014, 11:14:54 AM »
I suggest to make the forum especially in bugs forum to be divided in to 5....
iPhone 2G
iPhone 3G
iPod touch 1G
iPod touch 2G MB
iPod touch 2G MC

so that when we are searching for a solved topic that will help us to solve our Bus problems....

we will conserve time because we will not search for a topic in such a mixed forum...
we will also conserve data because we will not make our own topic that is already solve because we easily find the solved topic suitable for a device....

I know there's an advance search bar above... but we also love to browse Bug report, that we are affected.... for example if I am using iPod touch 1G.... I will love to browse Bug forum for iPod touch 1G only rather than browsing the whole bug forum that includes all the devices..... ALL DEVICES??? why I going to read Iphone bug if Im using iPod touch???? right??
Speed over Design

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
  • Device: iPhone 3G
  • My Computer: Linux
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2014, 03:25:24 PM »
I suggest to make the forum especially in bugs forum to be divided in to 5....
iPhone 2G
iPhone 3G
iPod touch 1G
iPod touch 2G MB
iPod touch 2G MC

so that when we are searching for a solved topic that will help us to solve our Bus problems....

we will conserve time because we will not search for a topic in such a mixed forum...
we will also conserve data because we will not make our own topic that is already solve because we easily find the solved topic suitable for a device....

I know there's an advance search bar above... but we also love to browse Bug report, that we are affected.... for example if I am using iPod touch 1G.... I will love to browse Bug forum for iPod touch 1G only rather than browsing the whole bug forum that includes all the devices..... ALL DEVICES??? why I going to read Iphone bug if Im using iPod touch???? right??

Because some bugs are software, and go across all devices.  In fact, a lot of the bugs are.

iTunes errors? They happen the same on all devices pretty much, and all have the same solution. The only device that really has a different install method is the iPhone 3G because of the baseband issue, but if people read the installation tutorials and the like it wouldn't even be asked anymore because that explains what to do step by step. ;)

Especially with the new release, having all the boards together helps, because it means everyone has to post in the same place and is more likely to see the title of something they are having problems with and post there instead (in fact, it has happened several times too more noticeably with the new release).

It is a nice suggestion though, but not right at this time ;)

Offline PHJayvee1G

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2014, 01:13:15 PM »
Can we set our forum time based on our different local time (GMT) because its hard to know what time we post or reply......
Speed over Design

Offline PHJayvee1G

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2014, 12:12:34 PM »
Make a public chat box...... like in the Bl4ck0ut forum.... so we can talk and communicate to each other faster.... :)
Make a mobile version of the forum site.....  since the forum update.... the mobile version is gone.
Speed over Design