Author Topic: Whited00r iOS 3.1.3 Base Disclamer  (Read 2352 times)

Offline irixion

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile
Whited00r iOS 3.1.3 Base Disclamer
« on: July 31, 2013, 09:37:41 PM »
How about a giant disclaimer on first start up telling people that whited00r is in reality iOS 3.x and not the version number? These 'y cnt i install app store apps on my phone' topics must be tiring...

PierreP Moderator note: Edited thread title to add relevant keywords as described in Whited00r 6: Tips to Quickly Solve your Problems/Bugs & Get Answers FAST!

Offline PierreP

• WD FAQ Maker
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Everything is Relative
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 3G
  • My Computer: Windows
Re: Whited00r iOS 3.1.3 Base Disclamer
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2013, 09:54:21 PM »
...whited00r is in reality iOS 3.x...

Actually for max speed & fluidity reasons Whited00r is based on iOS 3.1.3 but tweaked, optimized and with many added features including the awesome App Time Machine;)

More info in the sticky (it means a thread pinned at the top of the forum list) Whited00r 6 - FAQ & Troubleshooting - READ BEFORE POSTING!

Offline irixion

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile
Re: Whited00r iOS 3.1.3 Base Disclamer
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2013, 04:37:21 PM »
'Tweaked' or not, whited00r is still in essence 3.x. You can take an old Ford Mustang and paint it and tweak it all you want, but it'll still be an old Ford Mustang.

Offline PierreP

• WD FAQ Maker
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Everything is Relative
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 3G
  • My Computer: Windows
Re: Whited00r iOS 3.1.3 Speed Up vs. Dog-slow iOS 4.2.1
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2013, 07:59:16 PM »
'Tweaked' or not, whited00r is still in essence 3.x. You can take an old Ford Mustang and paint it and tweak it all you want, but it'll still be an old Ford Mustang.

But it will be the nicest & fastest old Ford Mustang on the block.  :)

Or are you telling us that we should all buy new devices like Apple is pushing us to do by dropping support & removing compatible apps from iTunes? Anyway, if you eBay your old one, somebody will buy it & will be glad to find Whited00r.  ;)

All serious developers agree that iOS 4+ should never had been pushed on the iPhone 3G & iPod Touch 2G because it slows them down. And that is obvious for anybody running Whited00r after or before iOS 4.2.1.

I spent several days trying to speed up the dog-slow iOS 4.2.1 on my iPhone 3G messing around with Launch Daemons & MobileSubstrate before I stumbled on Whited00r way back in November 2012. I could not believe how fast & fluid the iPhone 3G can really be besides the built-in awesome App Time Machine free compatible apps store feature. I liked it so much that I joined the Whited00r team, helping on the forum side because I don't know how to code.

While all the useless Launch Daemons slowing down the device are disabled in Whited00r you can make it even faster or customizing it by using the built-in Whited00r setup tool and disable everything for max speed & battery life: open the Terminal app > type: setup & hit enter. Then select a: Speed up the device. This will open a sub-menu where you can tweak the Daemons & the Whited00r features.

From the sticky (it means a thread pinned at the top of the forum list) Whited00r 6 - FAQ & Troubleshooting - READ BEFORE POSTING!

We are working on the next Whited00r 7 and it will be much easier to enable or disable features. Sorry, we cannot announce a launching date yet & reveal all the new features because it is not fully ready as we are still developing & testing it so please don't ask when!

If you absolutely need iOS 4.2.1 which is the latest that the iPhone 3G & iPod Touch 2G can run because of CPU, GPU & RAM limitations and you cannot find a compatible app among the 597 free ones available in Whited00r's built-in App Time Machine app store @ the present then you could install iOS 4.2.1 from iTunes & try bcooperizcool's Archetype -- Custom firmware package for every iOS to speed it up & customize it.

FYI both the iPod Touch 1G (1st Generation) and the Original iPhone 2G (1st Gen) can only run iOS 3.1.3 max or older.