Author Topic: [Solved] Whited00r Install Broken Power Button iPhone 3G Factory Unlocked  (Read 8706 times)

Offline glucio

• Whited00r iPod iPhone User
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 3G
  • My Computer: Windows
Hi,
Is there any chance to install Whited00r 6 on my factory unlocked iPhone 3G with baseband 5.15.04 with broken power button?

Thanks.

Edit 2: iPhone iNFO:

1- iPhone 3G  (8gb), iOS 4.2.1.
2- Modem Firmware (baseband) 05.15.04, Factory Unlocked
3- 6.4_M3S2
4- jb:not,unlockable:yes(upgrade to iPad bb),factory unlocked:yes(other SIM card works fine).
5- Windows 7, 64bit
6- iTunes:11.0.2.26
7- Broken Power button

Edit: I tried to install Whited00r 6 Normal it via iTunes, but it crashed on iTunes 1604 error.

PierreP Moderator note: Splitted post from an other thread to create a new Topic. Edited thread title to add relevant keywords as described in Whited00r 6: Tips to Quickly Solve your Problems/Bugs & Get Answers FAST!, added some info, fixed some typos and marked thread as Solved.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 08:05:20 PM by PierreP »

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
  • My Computer: Linux
Re: WD Install Broken Power Button iPhone 3G Factory Unlocked
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2013, 06:11:21 PM »
Welcome to the forums :)

Yes there is, and you are lucky being factory unlocked :)

First off, you need to download Redsn0w 0.9.14b2 for windows and iReb v5. Open up redns0w next and go to "Extras" -> "Even more" and there should be an option for "DFU IPSW".  Select that, and wait for it to make a .ipsw for your device.

After it finishes, open iTunes and shift+click restore and select the .ipsw it just made.
It should give an error, but be in DFU mode.  Then open up iReb and select your device.  It should go through everything, and then you should be in PWNED DFU mode.

If you are in PWNED DFU mode, go to iTunes again and shift+click the restore button and select the whited00r .ipsw (the normal version).  Hopefully that will get you restored to whited00r without errors :)

Offline glucio

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2013, 08:41:42 PM »
So ok. Everything was fine,until I started iTunes again and tried to install WD6 normal firmware when my phone was in PWNED DFU through iReb. It crashed... 1600 error this time ://

Edit: I restored it to 4.2.1 just for sure,cause I really have to be "in touch",but it would be nice to find some fix to install wd6 :)

Thanks a lot!
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 08:45:12 PM by glucio »

Offline PierreP

• WD FAQ Maker
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Everything is Relative
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2013, 12:11:57 AM »
So ok. Everything was fine,until I started iTunes again and tried to install WD6 normal firmware when my phone was in PWNED DFU through iReb. It crashed... 1600 error this time :// ...

Sometimes iTunes lies and if you get the 1600 error AFTER it installed the firmware maybe the installation is successful after all so disconnect the iPhone and do a Hard Reset.

Hard Reset often solve many problems: hold both Home & Power buttons until the Apple logo appears and let go of the buttons & smell the roses while it is doing it's thing.

No worries, hard reset will not change any of your info, tweaks & apps on the device.

If it does not work these are the steps I always do: iPhone 2G/3G - SIM card inserted in this iPhone does not appear to be supported Except that in your case since your iPhone is Factory Unlocked you need the Whited00r Normal version.

Offline glucio

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2013, 05:54:45 AM »
Thanks for post. Unfortunately,I cannot do Hard Reset,cause my power button is damaged and it not work properly. I will try guide you linked above.
(I think,that "1600" displayed after extracting WD6 FW in iTunes.)

Offline PierreP

• WD FAQ Maker
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Everything is Relative
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2013, 06:01:51 AM »
Thanks for post. Unfortunately,I cannot do Hard Reset,cause my power button is damaged and it not work properly. I will try guide you linked above.
(I think,that "1600" displayed after extracting WD6 FW in iTunes.)

But you wrote above "... my phone was in PWNED DFU through iReb" so how could you use iREB as it requires using both Power & Home buttons to get into the PWNED DFU Mode?  :o

If you can't Hard Reset then try simply disconnecting & turning the iPhone off, wait 5-10 seconds & back on again. And do it again one more time. Or if your Power button is totally useless, just wait that the battery fully discharges & turns off by itself & charge using a wall charger of a computer with iTunes turned off & it should boot in Whited00r.

While it uses some battery & RAM, you can download Activator from Cydia & assign a gesture or an other button to act as the Power button.

In Whited00r > Settings > General > scroll down & there is a Respring toggle.

Offline glucio

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2013, 06:36:35 AM »
But you wrote above "... my phone was in PWNED DFU through iReb" so how could you use iREB as it requires using both Power & Home buttons to get into the PWNED DFU Mode? 

If you can't Hard Reset then try simply disconnecting & turning the iPhone off, wait 5-10 seconds & back on again. And do it again one more time. Or if your Power button is totally useless, just wait that the battery fully discharges & turns off by itself & charge using a wall charger of a computer with iTunes turned off & it should boot in Whited00r.

While it uses some battery & RAM, you can download Activator from Cydia & assign a gesture or an other button to act as the Power button.

In Whited00r > Settings > General > scroll down & there is a Respring toggle.

First I made and applied DFU IPSW,which placed iPhone into DFU,then I started iReb and moved it to Pwned DFU.

Offline PierreP

• WD FAQ Maker
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Everything is Relative
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2013, 06:41:12 AM »
First I made and applied DFU IPSW,which placed iPhone into DFU,then I started iReb and moved it to Pwned DFU.

If you used redsn0w to create a custom boot in DFU mode firmware then there is no need to use iREB on top of it. Just install WD using iTunes directly after that using shift+click restore and select the Whited00r .ipsw

I know that bcooperizcool thinks differently as he posted above to use iREB after the DFU firmware.

Offline glucio

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2013, 06:47:07 AM »
I am not sure if I am understand it correctly. I made it this way:

1. I downloaded official 4.2.1 and made it "DFU" through" redsn0w.
2. Applying this FW and it placed my phone into DFU state.
3. Using iReb to place mobile into pwned DFU.
4. Starting iTunes and trying to install WD6. It always display "1600" error after iTunes extracts new package of FW(mobile stayed in DFU mode and nothing happened).so I think that after fail procedure,nothing is in my iPhone and i had to install 4.2.1 to make it "live" again.

So...What I should try next?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 06:50:37 AM by glucio »

Offline PierreP

• WD FAQ Maker
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Everything is Relative
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2013, 06:51:14 AM »
Reboot your computer and skipping your step 3.

Or: Try an OTHER computer and skipping your step 3.

1. I downloaded official 4.2.1 and made it "DFU" through" redsn0w.
2. Applying this FW and it placed my phone into DFU state.
3. Install WD using iTunes shift+click restore and select the Whited00r .ipsw
4. Disconnect when the iPhone is rebooting for the first time.
5. Whited00r > Settings > General > scroll down & there is a Respring toggle. Respring twice for the installation to settle.
6- Connect to iTunes to activate your factory Unlocked iPhone 3G.

Offline glucio

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2013, 10:56:09 AM »
I am not sure about step "4". When exactly iPhone should reboot? After WD will be installed? What should be shown on display?
Thanks

Offline glucio

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2013, 11:03:33 AM »
Ouch.New problem...
Now,when I am trying to install DFU IPSW,iTunes bleeps with unknown "37" error and device is probably in DFU(black screen) or dead....WD install still not working (1600).
Going back to 4.2.1 and praying that will be some fix to that...I am hopeless :/

Thanks.

Edit:
 I am thinking about that:
If you're reading this, you're probably getting 16xx errors or maybe something similar.  This is because you are trying to install a custom firmware, but your device doesn't have iBoot/iBSS pwned yet.  Let's fix that.

Try iREB first as it is the easiest method (download f0rcast too to get essential info about your device): http://ih8sn0w.com/

If for some reason it doesn't work:

Step 1: Download Redsn0w 0.9.4

Macintosh: http://rapidshare.com/#!download|638tl3|345108276|redsn0w-mac_0.9.4.zip|10651

Windows: http://www.mediafire.com/?q8yi6ioslmc7icf

Step 2: Download the correct 3.1.2 firmware (stock) for your device.

Step 3: Run Redsn0w, and select your firmware from step 2.  Hit next, and follow the on-step instructions to get into DFU mode.

Step 4: As soon as your iPhone screen turns white, immediately unplug the phone and exit Redsn0w.  Plug your phone back in.

Step 5: Open up iTunes and restore to Whited00r firmware as usual.

Step 6: Done.  Enjoy!

or that:

my final method that never fails.

download sn0wbreeze 2.0.2

download stock 3.1.3 firmware for your device

open sn0wbreeze amd select simple mode

load the stock firmware

build ipsw

wait

when the ipsw is built select not jailbroken and follow instructions, then when the waiting for custom firmware logo pops up shift restore to your whited00r ipsw in itunes and discard the sn0wbreeze one

I donīt understand steps "build ipsw"

Thanks again.

Edit 2.0 - What about baseband when I am downgrading fw to 3.1.3 or 3.1.2 as is suggested above? It still will be mine 5.15.04?
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 11:11:53 AM by glucio »

Offline glucio

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2013, 11:17:35 AM »
Or that method(founded here http://www.whited00r.com/forum/index?topic=6185.0 ,which seems to be the simpliest,cause I have already modified DFU .ipsw and only what changes is putting phone into pwned dfu via redsn0w,if I understood it correctly of course.

You need an original / latest firmware for your iDevice, follow the instructions on the modification of the ipsw. When you restore it it will give an itunes error 37 (this is DFU mode but not a pawned dfu) you need to use redsnow (quickly) go to extras then enter pwned dfu mode ( this will not work if your device shows up with WTF mode) this means you have taken too long after the itunes error which, itunes puts it in this safe dfu mode.
if redsnow doesnt put your device into pwned dfu mode then you will need to re install the modified ipsw you created earlier via itunes and have redsnow ready to open (bearing in mind that if you open it the programme automatically closes itunes!)
if successful you can install any custom ipsw via itunes hope this helps

Which I should try?
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 11:31:57 AM by glucio »

Offline glucio

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2013, 03:10:24 PM »
Finally. It worked! I made steps i posted above and it seems ,that wd6 works fine. I didnīt step with "Respring toggle",but phone sad that it is activated,so I suppose I donīt have to do it,right?

I would like to thank you for everyone,who helped me with this case.

Cheers,

Glucio

Offline PierreP

• WD FAQ Maker
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Everything is Relative
    • View Profile
Re: [Solved] WD Install Broken Power Button iPhone 3G Factory Unlocked
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2013, 07:31:55 PM »
Finally. It worked! I made steps i posted above and it seems ,that wd6 works fine.

I didnīt step with "Respring toggle",but phone sad that it is activated,so I suppose I donīt have to do it,right?..

Great!  :)

"...I made steps i posted above" - Which ones exactly please as there is a bunch of stuff above & it may help the next user with a problem similar to yours.  8)

"I didnīt step with "Respring toggle",but phone sad that it is activated,so I suppose I donīt have to do it,right?" - If we ask users to reboot twice after installing Whited00r there is a good reason for that: it settles the installation and makes it stick.

It does not cost you anything & will not break anything so why not do it?  :o

Did you installed Cydia > Activator to workaround your broken Power button as suggested above?

BTW a must read for all new Whited00r users is the sticky (it means an important thread pinned at the top of the forum list) Whited00r 6 - FAQ & Troubleshooting - READ BEFORE POSTING! with answers to many questions you might have including how to enable or disable the Whited00r features & extend battery life.