Author Topic: [Solved] Whited00r Install Broken Power Button iPhone 3G Factory Unlocked  (Read 8716 times)

Offline glucio

• Whited00r iPod iPhone User
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 3G
  • My Computer: Windows
I couldnīt find Activator in Cydia,but itīs my fail. I updated some upgrades from Cydia,what it sad that are essential,but phone stuck on loading "circle" bar,so I have to wait until my battery will discharge  ???

So...Next time. I had to set Activator and switch on "respring toggle" to prevent from errors like that,which happened now? Thanks
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 12:23:52 AM by glucio »

Offline PierreP

• WD FAQ Maker
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Everything is Relative
    • View Profile
Re: Cydia Infinite Respring loop & SBSettings Power Button Alternative
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2013, 02:56:06 AM »
I couldnīt find Activator in Cydia,but itīs my fail. I updated some upgrades from Cydia,what it sad that are essential,but phone stuck on loading "circle" bar,so I have to wait until my battery will discharge  ???

So...Next time. I had to set Activator and switch on "respring toggle" to prevent from errors like that,which happened now? Thanks

"I couldnīt find Activator in Cydia,but itīs my fail" - Yes it's your fail because I just Cydia > Search > Activator eh voila.

Also: Cydia > Manage > Source > BigBoss > Activator.

Also Google is your friend: Activator in a deb file form that you can install with Cydia > iFile: http://apt.thebigboss.org/onepackage.php?bundleid=libactivator

But Activator requires Cydia > Search > PreferenceLoader to be installed first and requires a Respring as described below. Then go to Cydia and search & install Activator.

But then that new version of PreferenceLoader will make the Settings tab crash so you need to install the older but stable one as described here: [Solved] PreferenceLoader 2.2.0-1 2.2.1-1 causes Settings To Crash

There is an alternative that is easier for you maybe: Cydia > Search > SBSettings and it includes a Respring button and a great Power sub-menu when swiping the Statusbar & tapping Power as illustrated below.

Note that you can Power Off your iPhone 3G and when plugging it in a wall charger or computer it should turn on when the minimum battery charge level required is attained.

After a Respring as described below or maybe SBSettings will already work after it's installation so you can use it to reboot open Cydia again and maybe in Changes it will offer to install Activator.

If not install it as described above & Reboot.

SBSettings has tons of features and if you go to > Cydia > Sections > Addons (SBSettings) there are other toggles you can add like Rotation Lock, etc. Or Cydia > Search > SBSettings to find toggles.

Note that SBSettings may refuse to Respring when Cydia requires it so use the Whited00r Respring method below.

If you get the Settings crashing bug there are 2 methods to fix it.

The method above OR: you can simply disable PreferenceLoader without the need to replace it with a stable version: > SBSettings > More > Mobile Substrate Addons > and turn OFF PreferenceLoader. It's is not required to use PreferenceLoader really as it is only to show some MobileSubstrate in the Settings tab and it will not affect the SBSettings features and disabling it gives better battery life & a more fluid device.

"...but phone stuck on loading "circle" bar" - Well you are stuck in the Cydia Infinite Respring loop bug.  :-\ We asked Saurik the developer of Cydia if he could fix it.

From the FAQ I linked to in Reply #14 above your post that you did not read obviously: If Cydia ask you to Respring or Restart SpringBoard, don't do it! Just tap the Home button to close Cydia and in Whited00r 6 you can find a Respring switch in > Settings > General > and scroll to the bottom of the tab.

The only way I know to get out of it is a hard reset and since your Power button is broken then let the battery drain.

"...So...Next time. I had to set Activator and switch on "respring toggle" to prevent from errors like that,which happened now?" - Search: How to use Cydia Activator or use SBSettings.  ;)

Could you please reply to my question in Reply #14: "...I made steps i posted above" - Which ones exactly please as there is a bunch of stuff above & it may help the next user with a problem similar to yours.  8)

Offline glucio

• View Profile
So,I if you have same problem with install WD6 as I had (1600 or 37 iTunes error),follow this steps:

You need an original / latest firmware for your iDevice, follow the redsn0w instructions on the modification of the ipsw to boot in DFU Mode.

When you restore it it will give an itunes error 37 (this is DFU mode but not a pawned dfu) you need to use redsn0w (quickly) go to extras then enter pwned dfu mode ( this will not work if your device shows up with WTF mode) this means you have taken too long after the itunes error which, itunes puts it in this safe dfu mode.

If redsn0w doesnt put your device into pwned dfu mode then you will need to re install the modified ipsw you created earlier via itunes and have redsn0w ready to open (bearing in mind that if you open it the programme automatically closes itunes!)

If successful you can install any custom ipsw via itunes hope this helps
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 09:08:11 AM by PierreP »

Offline samisama

• View Profile
Re: [Solved] Whited00r Install Broken Power Button iPhone 3G Factory Unlocked
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2013, 12:10:23 PM »
Hello everyone. I have exactly the same problem as you first post.
I can't understand your solution can you explain me more please ?
Wich version of redsnow to use ?
What steps I need to follow in order to install whited00r 6 ?
Thanks for your help

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
  • My Computer: Linux
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2013, 09:32:40 PM »
Hello everyone. I have exactly the same problem as you first post.
I can't understand your solution can you explain me more please ?
Wich version of redsnow to use ?
What steps I need to follow in order to install whited00r 6 ?
Thanks for your help

Welcome to the forums :)

The second post in this thread (first page) has direct links to the versions of the tools you need.

First though, if this is for an iPhone 3G, is this device factory unlocked? if not, you will need to do more steps.

Also, what version of iTunes do you have?

Offline samisama

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2013, 04:13:32 PM »
Hello,

I have exactly the same iPhone / version / unlocked carrier / broken power button etc as the original post.
I wans't able to install whited00r 6 I had the exact same error as the original post to.

Finaly I managed to do it.
I downgraded my iPhone 3G to iOS 3.1.2, then I use Redsnow to make a DFU IPSW with a 4.2.1 original IPSW.
Then I restored the iPhone with iTunes and the 4.2.1 DFU IPSW.
Then the iPhone stayed in black screen (DFU mode).
Then I used iReb to go in Pwned DFU mode.
And finally I restored the iPhone with the Whited00r 6 IPSW.
And it worked this time !

Hope this will help other people with same problems.

P.S: sorry for my english i'm french.

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2013, 07:40:55 PM »
Glad you solved it, and thank you for reporting back how you did so! Very appreciated :)

Offline zebcy

• Loving My iPhone 3g <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2016, 08:25:37 PM »
will this process save my baseband at 5.13?
if not, can you tell me how to downgrade my baseband and install whited00r without a power button?

thanks in advance.

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2016, 02:50:28 AM »
will this process save my baseband at 5.13?
if not, can you tell me how to downgrade my baseband and install whited00r without a power button?

thanks in advance.

Is yours at 5.13 right now?