Author Topic: [Solved] Cydia Respring or "Restart SpringBoard" causes Infinite Loop?  (Read 16980 times)

Offline Valuuro

• Whited00r iPod iPhone User
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPod Touch 2G
  • My Computer: Windows
UPDATE: Whited00r 7 includes the most recent Cydia release that hasn't the Restart SpringBoard bug.

So yeah, personally i really love WD6, but the respring problem is what annoys me. It just get stuck whenever i download a cydia app that wants me to restart my springboard, also on the earlier verions of whited00r everything was fine for me.

If it's not possible to fix, what is the fastest way to respring? Like the app or something? :) thanks

PierreP Moderator note: Edited thread title to add relevant keywords as described in Whited00r 6: Tips to Quickly Solve your Problems/Bugs & Get Answers FAST!
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 01:33:40 PM by mattewre »

Offline JustinCase

• An Agent of the System...
  • Global Moderator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Here since WD 3.x
    • View Profile
    • Whited00rDev
  • Device: iPhone 2G
Re: Cydia respring?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2013, 01:50:48 PM »
Hello,
The error you are receiving is not an uncommon one. It was a glitch in an older version of Cydia. In order to avoid this just press the home button when it asks you to restart springboard and respring using some other method.
I get on every now and then to check up
Go ahead and download Whited00r 8 BETA if you haven't yet: http://goo.gl/AFZIUT <------

Offline leejenshil

• graphical disianer
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 2G
Re: Cydia respring?
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2013, 03:54:56 PM »
Hello,
The error you are receiving is not an uncommon one. It was a glitch in an older version of Cydia. In order to avoid this just press the home button when it asks you to restart springboard and respring using some other method.

if you have WD6 you can respring from the settings app or from the darlos multitasking

Offline PierreP

• WD FAQ Maker
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Everything is Relative
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 3G
Re: [Solved] Cydia Respring or "Restart SpringBoard" causes Infinite Loop?
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2013, 09:31:28 PM »

The best practice when seeing the "Restart SpringBoard" button bar in Cydia after downloading & installing an app or tweak that requires a Respring is to simply press the Home button to shutdown Cydia and reboot your device buy turning it off and back on again manually.

If you are a Whited00r 6 user, you can go to > Settings > General > scroll down to the bottom of the tab and tap Respring.

There is a bug currently in Cydia for devices running any iOS under 4: it gets stuck in an infinite Respring loop with the wheel going on for ever until your battery dies.

If this happens to you and you get stuck in the Cydia Respring loop the solution is to do a Hard Reset:

Hard Reset often solve many problems: hold both Home & Power buttons until the Apple logo appears and let go of the buttons & smell the roses while it is doing it's thing.

No worries, hard reset will not change any of your info, tweaks & apps on the device.

Offline (~DiE$el_BoY~)

• Kick-ass Jailbreak Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2013, 01:18:45 PM »
Yea, i've had this problem on my iPhone 3G too, so what I just did was went to sleep,let its battery drain, and the next morning when I woke up and had a look at it, it was black, no respring loop etc. rebooted it ... and... VIOLA!!!
it Worked!!
Hope this helped

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
  • My Computer: Linux
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2013, 03:53:27 PM »
Yea, i've had this problem on my iPhone 3G too, so what I just did was went to sleep,let its battery drain, and the next morning when I woke up and had a look at it, it was black, no respring loop etc. rebooted it ... and... VIOLA!!!
it Worked!!
Hope this helped

That's the long way around if you have a broken home or power button, but if not, do what PierreP said above and cut down on the time significantly ;)