Author Topic: [Solved] iPhone 3G stuck on "Searching" with SIM Inserted  (Read 6012 times)

Offline seanc625_

• Whited00r iPod iPhone User
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 3G
  • My Computer: Windows
[Solved] iPhone 3G stuck on "Searching" with SIM Inserted
« on: August 25, 2013, 07:01:26 PM »
I have a iphone 3g and I used the unlocked whited00r iphone 3g firmware to restore it the firmware went through but I have the (searching.....) problem I have a UNACTIVATED tmobile sim card in it just to see if the phone was unlocked I put the sim card in and it didn't say unrecognized sim or anything so im guessing its unlocked but it still says searching how do I get rid of the( searching...) I plan on putting on a different carrier soon

Modem firmware it says : 05.15.04

if any other information is needed just reply and I will give you guys the information you need from the phone im new to this "Jailbreaking" stuff sorry.

Mod note: added relevant keywords to title.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 09:02:37 PM by PierreP »

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
  • My Computer: Linux
Re: iPhone 3G stuck on "searching" with SIM Inserted
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2013, 08:07:17 PM »
This is because of your baseband, you must downgrade it by following this tutorial:
Tutorial - Downgrade iPhone 3G baseband

Offline PierreP

• WD FAQ Maker
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Everything is Relative
    • View Profile
  • My Computer: Windows
Re: iPhone 3G stuck on "searching" with SIM Inserted
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2013, 08:56:53 PM »
I have a iphone 3g and I used the unlocked whited00r iphone 3g firmware to restore it... but I have the (searching.....) problem...

Modem firmware it says : 05.15.04...

Brian is correct, you probably have the wrong Modem firmware (a.k.a. baseband) if you get the Searching... or No Service error and it is not solved by turning on > Settings > Airplane On for 10 seconds then Off again.

If your iPhone 3G has the impossible to unlock baseband 05.14.02 or 05.15.04 you need to downgrade the modem firmware to be able to carrier unlock it with ultrasn0w which is included in the Whited00r Unlock version.

See this thread too for the solution: [Solved] iPhone 3G Free Unlock Baseband 05.15.04 05.14.02 - No Service Searching - What to do if you have that Modem firmware (a.k.a. baseband) and want to install whited00r 6 Unlocked version to be able to use any SIM.

Users with an iPhone 3G Factory Unlocked or using the carrier's original SIM that came with the iPhone do not have to upgrade then downgrade the baseband. They simply install Whited00r Normal version & activate their iPhone using iTunes.

Please post in that thread if you cannot solved the problem as I am locking this duplicate topic one.