Author Topic: Whitedoor 7.1 continuing to safe mode crash on iphone 3g  (Read 12177 times)

Offline hans46

• Whited00r iPhone User
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 3G
  • My Computer: Windows
Re: Whitedoor 7.1 continuing to safe mode crash on iphone 3g
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2014, 06:36:17 AM »
Great, I'd tried it before and now my viber is OK ... Thank's for your advice ;)
I like the WD 7 features, hopefully you guys can solve the crash problems because it's still remain when turn on my handset.

as long as I knew, this is my problem.  :'(

Crashing when turning on is new, do you have any extra tweaks installed from Cydia?

As for viber, do you have the latest OTA patch from repo.whited00r.com in Cydia?  It should be a default source as of whited00r 7.1, under Cydia -> Manage -> Sources.  Install the patch, and see if that fixes viber :)

Ah yes we do know it happens after the device has been sitting, something to do with either the radios turning off (wifi mainly), or else something being released during the deep sleep and then attempted to have it accessed after the screen wakes up for a call. However, because of the type of crash it is, it is very difficult to track down :(

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
  • My Computer: Linux
« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2014, 06:07:30 PM »
You and me both mate, you and me both.  :(

That crash is the bane of whited00r thus far, aside from that it is actually pretty stable and smooth sailing for users.

Offline hans46

• Whited00r iPhone User
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2014, 10:20:06 AM »
yeah, agree with you Bruan ...
except this crash, other features are quite stable.

THANK'S A LOT to you all guys at development team to bring updates on WD 7, really appreciate it !  :)
Looking forward for your new upgrades

Offline R3ctify

• Whited00r iPod iPhone User
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2015, 03:06:13 AM »
-post deleted-  SEE NEXT POST FOR WORKAROUND  :-[
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 08:55:58 PM by R3ctify »

Offline R3ctify

• Whited00r iPod iPhone User
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2015, 03:10:39 AM »
I'm on the unlocked 7.1  with downgraded baseband and no push notifications active by choice. (didn't use pushfixer)  I did all essential Cydia updates after original whited00r installation, and told Itunes setup as new phone.  After installation I did a couple standard reboots and a PWR + HOME cold boot for good measure.

Thanks for an awesome piece of coding Whited00r Team!!!

*****WORKING UPDATE***** The previous deleted post DID NOT end up working for this bug on the lockscreen.  I am using a workaround combo that is NOW WORKING AND STABLE.  A couple things I noticed is turning off daemons / visuals / advanced actually works against performance (Turn off unneeded options through standard iphone settings not whited00r settings.)    The 2 services I have off in whited00r settings are BannerNotifications (messages will still come through on lockscreen) and  PushNotifications (I don't use em') and the only other changes in advanced config is manual multitasking.  io7 notifications will not work with the following workaround:

IN TERMINAL: (case-sensitive!)

su
alpine
mv /Library/MobileSubstrate/DynamicLibraries/WD7LockScreen.dylib /Library/MobileSubstrate/DynamicLibraries/WD7LockScreen.disabled
killall SpringBoard

Now, this will make it so you can no longer swipe anywhere on the lockscreen.  You have to swipe from left to right at the very bottom of the screen.

If you want to re-enable it, swap around the above commands with .disabled and .dylib

io7 banner notifications will crash this workaround so be sure to change whited00r advanced to use io6 notifications and all will work great.  Thank you Bruan for the above workaround!  8)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 01:25:18 AM by R3ctify »