Author Topic: (SOLVED) DreamBoard doesn't work in withed00r ios 5 RC.  (Read 3480 times)

December 20, 2011, 02:47:17 AM
Read 3480 times

fr33

• <fr33Code>
  • Information Offline
  • I''ll help for fr33 n_n
    • View Profile
Well, I installed withed00r ios 5(ios 3.1.2) RC in my iPhone 3G and did work great. But DreamBoard, a better SpringBoard and alternative to WinterBoard, just makes your iphone go to Safe Mode after installation from Cydia. Even re-instalation, erase, Install again, still behaves like that. And it is the first thing I tried to install in a brand new and clean withed00r ios 5 RC installation...

If anyone else had tried DreamBoard using withed00r and had been sucessful, please share your experience, so we all can learn :)

So, I am planning to go back to ios 4.2.1, until the full whited00r ios 5 comes out or even red00r comes out, which would be based in ios 4, instead of ios 3, and may be that will ease some compatibility problems between apps and older iDevices.

Thanks,
fr33
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 05:49:38 AM by JusTiz »

December 20, 2011, 04:57:50 AM
Reply #1

blued00r

• Exile
  • Information Offline
  • SuperHero Member
    • View Profile
ARE YOU MAD!!!!!! whited00r is NOT i repeat NOT the actual ios 5. tweaks that require ios4+ will NOT work

December 20, 2011, 04:59:46 AM
Reply #3

applepie

• Redd00r Developer
  • Information Offline
  • SuperHero Member
  • Developer
  • Dormant Beast
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPod Touch 2G
  • My Computer: Mac
I think old versions did work but anyways the themes will take 20-30 mb of ram (more than half of user ram)

December 20, 2011, 05:39:24 AM
Reply #4

fr33

• <fr33Code>
  • Information Offline
  • I''ll help for fr33 n_n
    • View Profile
ARE YOU MAD!!!!!! whited00r is NOT i repeat NOT the actual ios 5. tweaks that require ios4+ will NOT work

Dude, I know whited00r is not the actual version which is trying to copycat... But I though DreamBoard would rather worked on it, which doesn't, figure that by experience. Anyways that's what I said I will go back to ios 4.2.1 and wait till this RC is Full or at least as red00r is out.

Also I know DreamBoard takes lots of ram, but theres techniques to increase memory in an idevice, up to 80mb or more using paging or virtual ram and tweaking some icons/shadows or some sort that makes the SpringBoard hang sometimes...

And yeah I read somewhere that the v1.3 of DB was working, but didn't wanted to try.

But hey, glad you guys commented my post :)

Thanks,
fr33

January 02, 2012, 10:04:28 PM
Reply #5

PrisoneR

• Risk of Hatred
  • Information Offline
  • SuperHero Member
  • ^ thats me -_-
    • View Profile
    • whited00r
  • Device: Does Not Own iDevice ARMv6
  • My Computer: Windows
i tested dreamboard a while back doesnt work, like you i was curious

dont install dreamboard :D it my only request if ur using wd5 rc

January 03, 2012, 12:16:38 AM
Reply #6

iShubham

• Just a Helper :)
  • Information Offline
  • SuperHero Member
  • Find me.
    • View Profile
    • iTooleTech
  • Device: iPod Touch 2G
  • My Computer: Windows
You will find Virtual memory tweaks good at first,but soon you will find that they are killing your device...!

The Whited00r Team needs to buy iPods 1G/2G & iPhones 2G/3G for testing WD 6.1 Beta, Apps & Features. We need your help to keep WD Free.

January 03, 2012, 03:32:31 AM
Reply #7

JusTiz

• Herobrine
  • Information Offline
  • SuperHero Member
  • Twitter: @JusTiz_WD
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPod Touch 1G

Dude, I know whited00r is not the actual version which is trying to copycat... But I though DreamBoard would rather worked on it, which doesn't, figure that by experience. Anyways that's what I said I will go back to ios 4.2.1 and wait till this RC is Full or at least as red00r is out.

Also I know DreamBoard takes lots of ram, but theres techniques to increase memory in an idevice, up to 80mb or more using paging or virtual ram and tweaking some icons/shadows or some sort that makes the SpringBoard hang sometimes...

And yeah I read somewhere that the v1.3 of DB was working, but didn't wanted to try.

But hey, glad you guys commented my post :)

Thanks,
fr33
dude copy.... cat....? where are you hearing these stuff we make our own firmware and we developed folders and multitasking and other great stuff our self so dont you ever dare to say that again

and the ram trick will end up killing your device so restore

[size=7.5pt]Follow me @ Twitter[/size]

January 08, 2012, 06:18:26 PM
Reply #8

MotionLess

• Information Offline
  • SuperHero Member
  • My epic master Obi-Brian ;)
    • View Profile
When an iPhone 4 uses dreamboard, it's RAM goes down to 50, imagine what the result would be with an old generation device that has 50 RAM without using dreamboard. Yeah, that's right :)

MetalCore Rulez D00D!