Author Topic: [Solved] whited00r 6 Unlocked Push Notifications Quick Fix  (Read 64858 times)

December 27, 2012, 03:09:16 AM
Read 64858 times

PierreP

• WD FAQ Maker
  • Information Offline
  • SuperHero Member
  • Administrator
  • Everything is Relative
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 3G
  • My Computer: Windows
UPDATE 2014: Whited00r 7 includes a easy to use Graphics User Interface to fix push notification in the iPhone 2G and 3G UNLOCKER version (push fix not required for iPod Touch and iPhone Normal firmware). Buy a certificate at pushfixer.com and then go to Settings -> Push Notifications and follow instructions on your iPhone.

Original post:

Here is how I fixed the Push Notifications on my iPhone 3G running whited00r 6 Unlocked (recommended) version.

Note: iPod Touch 1G & 2G do not need a push notifications fix!

1- Opened App Market on whited00r 6 > Home and swiped to Time Machine > Utilities > and installed iPusher. Free also on iTunes.

2- After making sure that I was connected to the web using Safari, I tested my Push Notifications using the iPusher app and it would just stand there doing nothing.

3- Went to pushfixer.com as recommended by whited00r and paid a measly $1 with Paypal. They use the contribution to maintain the server & generate custom unique push certificates just for you. Within minutes I received the Secret Key via email.

4- Followed the quick and easy steps here Push Fixer - How-To enable push notifications on whited00r and entered my Secret Key.

5- After the iPhone 3G on whited00r 6 automatically rebooted, I made sure I was connected to the web via 3G Data by testing in Safari because iPusher does not work using WIFI and tested again with the iPusher app and Bingo! I got the confirmation that Push Notifications was working fine:

December 28, 2012, 09:11:57 PM
Reply #1

abtiko

• Information Offline
  • Whited00r User
    • View Profile
I have purchased today to make work my push notifications, but nothing works i'm testing with iPusher and it doesn't shows that notifications work fine. I tried to do all the steps 5 times but no result MY PUSH NOTIFICATIONS DOESNT WORKING !!!! I have iphone 2g. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 06:50:02 PM by PierreP »

December 28, 2012, 09:34:27 PM
Reply #2

PierreP

• WD FAQ Maker
  • Information Offline
  • SuperHero Member
  • Administrator
  • Everything is Relative
    • View Profile

On which firmware? Are you using whited00r 6?

Quote from Push Fixer How-To:

Currently we support and sell push sets to Whited00r 6 users only.

Did you follow exactly the steps in the first link? It worked fine for my iPhone 3G WD 6 as described here: [Solved] whited00r 6 Unlocked Push Notifications Quick Fix

Did you try to simply contact Push Fixer Support before starting this thread?

If after trying the above you lost a measly $1 just see it as a donation to develop this new handy project and no need to post this which is a little bit overboard unless you will starve for a day or so because of the $1 you "may" have lost.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

December 28, 2012, 09:43:39 PM
Reply #3

abtiko

• Information Offline
  • Whited00r User
    • View Profile
I have tried all the steps, i have downloaded ipusher from app time machine, i tried to contact with Pushfix by e-mail, and now i got no result. I don't care about 1$ i just want to make my push notifications work, to use my whatsapp and facebook. I have iphone 2g and i am using Whited00r 6 firmware, and please understand me if you want something to make work, and you are trying all the thing and nothing works i don't think that you will be very happy for it. Sorry for my english...

December 28, 2012, 09:46:45 PM
Reply #4

PierreP

• WD FAQ Maker
  • Information Offline
  • SuperHero Member
  • Administrator
  • Everything is Relative
    • View Profile

Quote from Push Fixer How-To:

Currently we support and sell push sets to Whited00r 6 users only.

FAQ

Push Notifications doesn't work even with Push Fixer. Repeat the installation, test again with iPusher and then contact us with the form below.

Did you follow exactly the steps described in the page linked above?

Did you try to simply contact Push Fixer Support before posting here or starting a thread about Push Fixer > push notifications issue or problem?

=====

Troubleshooting By Brian (bcooperizcool)
If you have set up your device as a new device in iTunes (not restoring from backup), as well as following all the instructions above, it is possible you have a bad set of push certificates. 
This is rare, but sometimes happens. I would advise contacting pushfixer about it. They hopefully will give you a new set, and give your old set to someone else (as I'm not sure, but sometimes bad certificates might work for a different device... Untested!).

This is thanks the the debugging done by WaltLlanos, and his willingness to help out :) He ran a bunch of tests and restored a lot to get me enough information before finally determining that the certificates he got originally were bad (I generated a set of certificates for him, and they worked on the second try).

December 28, 2012, 09:59:04 PM
Reply #5

PierreP

• WD FAQ Maker
  • Information Offline
  • SuperHero Member
  • Administrator
  • Everything is Relative
    • View Profile
How long since you sent your email to support?

It is a small team and they can't make a living from the small whited00r users base made even smaller by the fact that only a handful of them wants push notifications so they have a life outside that new project and we are in the holiday season so maybe they are at the beach or skiing @ the present.  :)

Have you tried:

FAQ: Push Notifications doesn't work even with Push Fixer. Repeat the installation, test again with iPusher and then contact us with the form below.

And turned off the phone, wait for a couple of seconds and turn on again and made sure you are connected to the web via WIFI or 3G?

Is Push Notifications enabled in > Settings > Notifications?

Did you check in Terminal > setup again if Push Notifications is enabled as described in the How-To?

When starting iPusher to check did you allow it to receive Sounds, Alerts and Badges?

Did you try with an other app to see if it was receiving Push Notifications?

December 28, 2012, 10:08:11 PM
Reply #6

abtiko

• Information Offline
  • Whited00r User
    • View Profile
Ok so this is the steps what i have done.

1. I entered to http://www.pushfixer.com
2. I purchased and recieved a letter form pushfixer.com
3. entered to my mobile terminal and followed the steps of setup
4. then i rebooted my phone and entered iPusher to check if notifications work and it didn't show that works fine.
5. Then i told my brother to send me a message to watsapp and i didn't got notification about it.

i send a letter to pushfixer 3 hours ago.

and i have wifi connection in my house.

i tried all the steps, and i think there's no way to fix this problem...
Thank you...

December 28, 2012, 10:38:47 PM
Reply #7

PierreP

• WD FAQ Maker
  • Information Offline
  • SuperHero Member
  • Administrator
  • Everything is Relative
    • View Profile
...Then i told my brother to send me a message to watsapp and i didn't got notification about it

WhatsApp may be broken on the server-side for older devices as described in these posts:

http://www.whited00r.com/forum/index.php?topic=6995.0

http://www.whited00r.com/forum/index.php?topic=7068.0

Try with iPusher or an other app receiving notifications.

December 29, 2012, 01:45:09 AM
Reply #8

PierreP

• WD FAQ Maker
  • Information Offline
  • SuperHero Member
  • Administrator
  • Everything is Relative
    • View Profile
i send a letter to pushfixer 3 hours ago.

Hey, it's been 3 hours 24 days since my post above, what's up?   ::)

January 09, 2013, 01:56:28 AM
Reply #9

trinhthai

• Information Offline
  • Whited00r User
    • View Profile
I have tried to hack Push Notifications by install push doctor, push fixed,...but those all applications didn't work on wd6. there are all of apps on my phone, so that i don't want to RS wd 5.2.1. How can i use Push Notifications without pay 1 dollar (I don't have credit card).

January 09, 2013, 03:35:16 AM
Reply #10

PierreP

• WD FAQ Maker
  • Information Offline
  • SuperHero Member
  • Administrator
  • Everything is Relative
    • View Profile
I have tried to hack Push Notifications by install push doctor, push fixed,...but those all applications didn't work on wd6. there are all of apps on my phone, so that i don't want to RS wd 5.2.1. How can i use Push Notifications without pay 1 dollar (I don't have credit card).

All the time you wasted was not worth $1?  :D  Push Fixer needs to maintain servers to create & send you unique Push Notifications certificates.

You can ask a friend with a Paypal account to do it for you or you can open a free Paypal account without a credit card using a debit card or bank info. Check the requirements for your country.

BTW Push Doctor and others do not work because their servers are off line or do not any certificates to send to you hence the $1 for Push Fixer's servers.

I notice that the angry OP never came back to confirm that it is probably working for him now so -1 internets for him for that and his overboard post.

January 09, 2013, 06:54:21 AM
Reply #11

trinhthai

• Information Offline
  • Whited00r User
    • View Profile
If i buy a secret key for push fixer, then i re-install wd (wd 6 or wd 5.2.1). Can i re-using that key. And how long valid key per 1usd i paid. Thank you very much.

January 09, 2013, 07:49:38 AM
Reply #12

PierreP

• WD FAQ Maker
  • Information Offline
  • SuperHero Member
  • Administrator
  • Everything is Relative
    • View Profile
If i buy a secret key for push fixer, then i re-install wd (wd 6 or wd 5.2.1). Can i re-using that key. And how long valid key per 1usd i paid. Thank you very much.

I do not know. Maybe you could ask them and report back here? http://www.pushfixer.com

On this page http://www.pushfixer.com/howto.php they wrote:

Moreover the certificate set you bought will be available for download from this website or your Whited00r 6 device at any time. Currently we support and sell push sets to Whited00r 6 users only.

January 09, 2013, 09:15:54 AM
Reply #13

trinhthai

• Information Offline
  • Whited00r User
    • View Profile
I have buy a secret key for push notification but it's still not working.

January 09, 2013, 07:25:04 PM
Reply #14

PierreP

• WD FAQ Maker
  • Information Offline
  • SuperHero Member
  • Administrator
  • Everything is Relative
    • View Profile
I have buy a secret key for push notification but it's still not working.

Then read Reply #4 above.  ;)