Author Topic: [Solved] App Market Time Machine & Cydia issue  (Read 11475 times)

January 04, 2013, 08:42:59 AM
Read 11475 times

bulau77

• Information Offline
  • Whited00r User
    • View Profile
Hello everyone in the first place i would like to thank the whited00r team for this awesome firmware and in the second place i would like to find a fix for my problema i will be describing it.

I use an iPhone 3g 16gb and yesterday updated it to whited00r 6 and set up the phone as a new one in iTunes. Everything worked, i installed (after the post install tutorial provided) Recent calllog delete, iblacklist, sbsettings from cydia, rebooted the phone and now when i go to the app market i can only use  the app store without cydia,time machine or backup  :o. I just touch them to open but they don't open. Now i want to ask you for a solution which in my mind could be one of these two:
1. Open cydia from terminal from now on (if that's possible)
2.Reinstall WD6 (but I`m afraid the same thing will happen again)

For now i will wait for your answers.Thanks in advance
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 07:07:04 PM by JustinCase »

January 06, 2013, 10:59:06 AM
Reply #1

it7.phoenix

• Information Offline
  • Whited00r User
    • View Profile
use ifunbox
system apps>cydia>info.plist
and edit the plist files of cydia appstore apptimemachine

find
<key>SBAppTags</key>
   <array>
      <string>hidden</string>
      <string>Cydia</string>
   </array>

and delete them
save the file in anny location then overwrite the file in your phone
REBOOT your phone
and you're good to go !!
I'd this same prob

January 06, 2013, 04:14:46 PM
Reply #2

hayate

• Information Offline
  • Whited00r User
    • View Profile
Thx a lot it7.phoenix, you really helped me :))

Your workaround works perfectly!

This is the process step by step:
1) open ifunbox with the iphone connected to the computer
2) Open the applications folder, path:
    Raw File System -> Applications -> 3store.app
    Raw File System -> Applications -> AppStore.app
    Raw File System -> Applications -> Cydia.app
    Raw File System -> Applications -> App Backup.app

3)Inside every app there's a file called: info.plist
   Copy it to your computer the file, open it with notepad, find the string:

<key>SBAppTags</key> <array> <string>hidden</string> <string>Cydia</string> </array>

and delete it.

4) Save the info.plist file and copy and overwrite it inside the app folder in your iphone.
5) Respring your iphone

January 06, 2013, 05:20:31 PM
Reply #3

PierreP

• WD FAQ Maker
  • Information Offline
  • SuperHero Member
  • Administrator
  • Everything is Relative
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 3G
  • My Computer: Windows
Thx a lot it7.phoenix, you really helped me :))

Your workaround works perfectly!

This is the process step by step:
1) open ifunbox with the iphone connected to the computer
2) Open the applications folder, path:
    Raw File System -> Applications -> 3store.app
    Raw File System -> Applications -> AppStore.app
    Raw File System -> Applications -> Cydia.app
    Raw File System -> Applications -> App Backup.app

3)Inside every app there's a file called: info.plist
   Copy it to your computer the file, open it with notepad, find the string:

<key>SBAppTags</key> <array> <string>hidden</string> <string>Cydia</string> </array>

and delete it.

4) Save the info.plist file and copy and overwrite it inside the app folder in your iphone.
5) Respring your iphone

Cool, thanks to you and to it7.phoenix for sharing your solution with the community!  8)

A suggestion if you are on Windows and maybe it also works on the Mac version: I use the free, ad free and standalone (meaning no install necessary!) iTools and it has a plist editor tool integrated in it.

So with iTools you can skip: "Copy it to your computer the file, open it with notepad..." and "Save the info.plist file and copy and overwrite it inside the app folder in your iphone" and edit the .plist files directly on the phone!

This said you should also use the same iTools to make a backup copy of the files before modifying them, just to be on the safe side in case you mess up things.  ;)

January 26, 2013, 03:45:59 AM
Reply #4

blee

• Information Offline
  • Whited00r User
    • View Profile
AppStore and Cydia open for me but not TimeMachine although it did at one point.
When I look into the file system using iTools I don't even see an AppTimeMachine folder but I do see one for App Market, App Store and Cydia.

Any ideas? I had installed 3Store App and it did not work so I deleted it via "x" on the phone, perhaps that caused a bug?

thanks

January 26, 2013, 06:44:52 AM
Reply #5

PierreP

• WD FAQ Maker
  • Information Offline
  • SuperHero Member
  • Administrator
  • Everything is Relative
    • View Profile
...I had installed 3Store App...

That is how you broke App Time Machine. See post above to fix it or reinstall whited00r 6.

3Store is dead, kaput, muerto, fini, dood, мертво, guasto, dött, etc. It is not supported anymore even in older WD versions.

Do not install Old Store and especially NOT 3Store (New) as it will break whited00r 6 > App Market > access to App Time Machine & Cydia.  :o

If you did break it by installing that outdated & WD 6 incompatible 3Store Installer, read this to fix it:  [Solved] I Broke App Time Machine

January 26, 2013, 09:13:37 AM
Reply #6

blee

• Information Offline
  • Whited00r User
    • View Profile
Okay. I read the post above and it said to look for an apptimemachine folder but I do not have one.

edit: I'm hoping another solution can be found rather than reinstall whited00r as that will take some time and I will lose everything, I'm not even sure if there is a backup package in cydia that works for iPhone 1.

I have cydia and the app store working fine, just timemachine is not there .

« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 01:52:42 PM by blee »

February 14, 2013, 09:43:37 PM
Reply #7

PierreP

• WD FAQ Maker
  • Information Offline
  • SuperHero Member
  • Administrator
  • Everything is Relative
    • View Profile
Okay. I read the post above and it said to look for an apptimemachine folder but I do not have one.

edit: I'm hoping another solution can be found rather than reinstall whited00r as that will take some time and I will lose everything, I'm not even sure if there is a backup package in cydia that works for iPhone 1.

I have cydia and the app store working fine, just timemachine is not there .

Maybe you installed something that broke ATM.

"...as that will take some time and I will lose everything" - Well you may loose more time trying to fix it and could have further problems down the road. You should always do this so you would not loose anything in case of a problem: [Tutorial] Backup Apps & Data BEFORE Upgrading iOS Firmware WD 6 3.1.3 4.1 4.2.1

A fresh, clean install is always the best to have a solid base.

What apps did you install? What tweaks did you made? Because some could be incompatible & we would like to know how it got broken.

What is your device model? Are you on Mac or Windows?

March 03, 2013, 12:00:22 PM
Reply #8

afroulitsa

• Information Offline
  • Whited00r iPod iPhone User
    • View Profile
hi!i have the same problem as blee, although i followed the instructions "This is the process step by step:1) open ifunbox with the iphone connected to the computer2) Open the applications folder, path:    Raw File System -> Applications -> 3store.app    Raw File System -> Applications -> AppStore.app    Raw File System -> Applications -> Cydia.app    Raw File System -> Applications -> App Backup.app3)Inside every app there's a file called: info.plist   Copy it to your computer the file, open it with notepad, find the string:   <key>SBAppTags</key> <array> <string>hidden</string> <string>Cydia</string> </array>   and delete it.4) Save the info.plist file and copy and overwrite it inside the app folder in your iphone.5) Respring your iphone" ,

i can't use apptimemachine. I tried to install through cydia "iblacklist" and after that i couldnt open apptime and cydia. so deleted with DiskAid the application "iblacklist" , i followed the instructions above and i got new Cydia and AppStore signs on the screen,that i can open.Still cant open them through AppMarket and ofcourse cannot open at all TimeMachine. Any ideas???PLEASEEEEEEEEE!!!!

March 03, 2013, 02:34:22 PM
Reply #9

Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Information Offline
  • SuperHero Member
  • Administrator
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
  • My Computer: Linux
hi!i have the same problem as blee, although i followed the instructions "This is the process step by step:1) open ifunbox with the iphone connected to the computer2) Open the applications folder, path:    Raw File System -> Applications -> 3store.app    Raw File System -> Applications -> AppStore.app    Raw File System -> Applications -> Cydia.app    Raw File System -> Applications -> App Backup.app3)Inside every app there's a file called: info.plist   Copy it to your computer the file, open it with notepad, find the string:   <key>SBAppTags</key> <array> <string>hidden</string> <string>Cydia</string> </array>   and delete it.4) Save the info.plist file and copy and overwrite it inside the app folder in your iphone.5) Respring your iphone" ,

i can't use apptimemachine. I tried to install through cydia "iblacklist" and after that i couldnt open apptime and cydia. so deleted with DiskAid the application "iblacklist" , i followed the instructions above and i got new Cydia and AppStore signs on the screen,that i can open.Still cant open them through AppMarket and ofcourse cannot open at all TimeMachine. Any ideas???PLEASEEEEEEEEE!!!!
This is a known issue, although at the current time it is unknown if that is due to the crack applied to it, or just the tweak itself :/  The App Time Machine and Cydia will open in safemode, so it is caused by something mobile substrate  related. There is no fix at the moment, and I dont know if there will be :/ 

This thread documents the issue, but there is no fix at the moment:
NEW iBlacklist 6 issue

For the time being, you will have to either go into safemode every time you want to use Cydia or the App Time Machine :(
Trouble? Check this link:
Whited00r 7 FAQ/Bugs and Troubleshooting READ BEFORE POSTING. Chances are it's answered there ;)
Don't know how to use something? Check here:
Whited00r 7 Introduction - What's new and h

March 03, 2013, 02:48:03 PM
Reply #10

afroulitsa

• Information Offline
    • View Profile
thank you for your reply. After all these i ve done, i did a hard reset. Then i got the appStore sign with the number 3 on it and it is the apptimemachine!!and it works.As you can see i have two AppStores signs, the first blue works, the last (gold) is the time machine, and the other one is the AppMarket that i used to open with WD at first but now i cannot access these apps except AppStore in it! you can also see Cydia that it works. Newsstand doesnt work, it opens and closes immediately!

March 03, 2013, 03:06:19 PM
Reply #11

afroulitsa

• Information Offline
    • View Profile
you know what?this is very weird. i just turned off my iphone and then back on and magically the new icons disappeared and again i cannot open through AppMarket Cydia and TimeMachine! How do i get into Safe mode on an iphone 3G?? :(

March 03, 2013, 08:44:50 PM
Reply #12

Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Information Offline
  • SuperHero Member
  • Administrator
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
  • My Computer: Linux
you know what?this is very weird. i just turned off my iphone and then back on and magically the new icons disappeared and again i cannot open through AppMarket Cydia and TimeMachine! How do i get into Safe mode on an iphone 3G?? :(
You probably were in safemode or something similar when all those icons were showing O.o 

To enter safemode, you need to crash your device somehow.  I think you can install the tool "safemode" from the insanelyi repository (no, I do not encourage piracy, that repository has lots of useful shell scripts in it as well).  After installing that, simply type in safemode into terminal.
Trouble? Check this link:
Whited00r 7 FAQ/Bugs and Troubleshooting READ BEFORE POSTING. Chances are it's answered there ;)
Don't know how to use something? Check here:
Whited00r 7 Introduction - What's new and h

March 04, 2013, 05:32:09 AM
Reply #13

PierreP

• WD FAQ Maker
  • Information Offline
  • SuperHero Member
  • Administrator
  • Everything is Relative
    • View Profile
@ afroulitsa - Look at all the time you wasted trying to fix it.  :-\

Why not backup all your apps with the free iTools or iFunBox and just do a fresh clean install of Whited00r 6? [Tutorial] Backup Apps & Data BEFORE Upgrading iOS Firmware WD 6 3.1.3 4.1 4.2.1

How I did it:

1- Tuned off the iPhone 3G and removed the SIM to not have the Network Searching.... messing up things. It is always better to remove the SIM when flashing the firmware on any phone, iOS, Android, Windows Mobile or any other.

2- I downloaded the Whited00r 6 Unlocked version for iPhone 3G, un-zipped it to get the .ipsw file inside.

2- I connect the iPhone to the computer and turn off iTunes then used the free iREB tool on my Windows PC to put the iPhone 3G in DFU Mode then installed it like the whited00r Tutorial - Installation says using iTunes and disconnected the iPhone 3G from the computer while it was booting for the first time so not to be messed up by iTunes and turned off the iPhone 3G and back on two times as recommended in the tutorial so everything gets settled nicely.

3- Turned off the iPhone 3G, inserted my SIM, connect to iTunes and set it up as New as recommended in the WD tutorial. After that you can sync back apps, music, etc but NOT restore from an old full iTunes backup you made because that will overwrite the clean install you just did and bring back all kinds of problems!

My iPhone 3G now runs smoothly & fluidly on Whited00r 6.  :D

And App Time Machine is working absolutely fine. Thank you unknown ATM mystery guys for all the free apps BTW!  8)

Warning: iBlacklist Breaks App Time Machine!

...This thread documents the issue, but there is no fix at the moment:
NEW iBlacklist 6 issue

That is correct and also the OP in post #1 in this thread said he installed bad iBlacklist.