Author Topic: Whited00r iOS 6, EDGE couldn't turn off.  (Read 5253 times)

Offline amattt

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile
Whited00r iOS 6, EDGE couldn't turn off.
« on: January 21, 2013, 02:02:38 PM »
tried all many toggles and yet still "edge" coundnt turn off..need solve. :(

Offline Julio Cesar

• Jr. Team Member
  • Medio Loco
    • View Profile
    • TheFullyWhited00r
  • Device: iPhone 3G
  • My Computer: Windows
Re: Whited00r iOS 6, EDGE couldn't turn off.
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2013, 05:52:36 PM »
hello my fríend look the way to turn of the edge is in the configuration of the network select where says VPN and write false or just change the real valor, now when yo want the edge working again just let is how was before, best regards

Offline PierreP

• WD FAQ Maker
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Everything is Relative
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2013, 05:56:56 PM »
tried all many toggles and yet still "edge" coundnt turn off..need solve. :(

Which toggles on which device?  :o

BTW whited00r 6 is based on iOS 3.1.3, not iOS 6 like your thread title says so maybe you could edit it in your post #1?

You can read more details about whited00r 6 here: Whited00r 6 - FAQ & Troubleshooting - READ BEFORE POSTING!

...the way to turn of the edge is in the configuration of the network select where says VPN and write false...

Thanks for trying to help but that is not correct. It is not VPN but APN and people who installed the whited00r 6 Normal version instead of the Unlocked version do not have access to the APN panel in their Settings > General > Cellular > Cellular Data Network > APN menu.

But anyway toggles should work as they do on my iPhone 3G running whited00r 6 Unlocked version, depending on which ones you installed. Hence my question to the OP above.

Offline amattt

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2013, 01:27:00 PM »
I DOWNLOAD ALL THE TOGGLE EDGE FROM CYDIA AND I AM RUNNING WD 6 UNLOCKED,

OR CAN I JUST DISABLED IT?
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 01:41:48 PM by amattt »

Offline PierreP

• WD FAQ Maker
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Everything is Relative
    • View Profile
Re: Shouting on Whited00r Forums
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2013, 05:11:10 PM »
I DOWNLOAD ALL THE TOGGLE EDGE FROM CYDIA AND I AM RUNNING WD 6 UNLOCKED,

OR CAN I JUST DISABLED IT?

1- You still did not say what is your device model.

2- We do not encourage YELLING in posts on whited00r forums so we will not reply until you edit your post above with normal capitalization please.

From Netiquette:

Another rule is to avoid typing in ALL CAPS or grossly enlarging script for emphasis, which is considered to be the equivalent of shouting or yelling.

3- I checked your posting history and out of 25 posts you made so far, in none of them did you care to use a capital letter at the beginning of a sentence. See Capitalization in English and maybe you could enable the spell checker in your browser? I am not a native English speaker & thank God for that spell checker for the benefit of all WD users reading my posts.  ;)

4- Am I suppose to search & download all the Edge toggles that I may find on Cydia and guess which ones you tried on your mystery device because you do not want to list them?  :o  Should I waste time suggesting solutions that you tried or not suggesting them because maybe you tried them already?  :o :o

Offline amattt

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2013, 11:34:06 AM »
omg my fault, you the one looks pissed, i didnt noticed my caps lock sorry Pierre,

my device is iPhone 3G running pro firmware whited00r ios 6.
i only can rmmber one data toggle that downloaded from cydia that now on my pc, Data Toggle 1.1-2,
the rest of it i dont rmmber. after installing my "Edge" still running wild on StatusBar.
is anyone can suggest me any data toggle out there?
or how can i disabled it?

sorry Pierrer, Sorry. :(

Offline PierreP

• WD FAQ Maker
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Everything is Relative
    • View Profile
Whited00r 6 add Bunch of Toggles SBSettings + Keyboard Tips
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2013, 06:23:52 PM »
omg my fault, you the one looks pissed, i didnt noticed my caps lock sorry Pierre,

my device is iPhone 3G running pro firmware whited00r ios 6.
i only can rmmber one data toggle that downloaded from cydia that now on my pc, Data Toggle 1.1-2,
the rest of it i dont rmmber. after installing my "Edge" still running wild on StatusBar.
is anyone can suggest me any data toggle out there?
or how can i disabled it?

sorry Pierrer, Sorry. :(

Finally we know your device model.  ::)

On my iPhone 3G running whited00r 6 I use data toggle sbs_data_toggle_1.1-2.deb but with SBSettings.

See my post here, it includes speed up tips & a rar attachment with that toggle & several others: whited00r 6 SBSettings w/ Activator Disabled + Extra Toggles + Renaming Toggles

Notice the Data toggle icon, it works on iPhone 3G WD6 for enabling/disabling data when I am on Edge or 3G data:

Note that some apps always try to call the mothership so disable Push Notifications & whatnot in Settings for all of them. I am not sure but I think that to be able to send a SMS, GPRS or 3G data is needed and maybe the Messaging app activates GPRS on demand.

"...i didnt noticed my caps lock sorry Pierre" - I always use the Preview button before Post.

"my device is iPhone 3G running pro firmware whited00r ios 6."

1- FYI whited00r 6 is based on iOS 3.1.3, see the sticky (means a thread pinned at the top of the forum list) Whited00r 6 - FAQ & Troubleshooting - READ BEFORE POSTING!

2- Obviously you did not read this otherwise you would have written "My" instead of "my":

...3- I checked your posting history and out of 25 posts you made so far, in none of them did you care to use a capital letter at the beginning of a sentence. See Capitalization in English and maybe you could enable the spell checker in your browser? I am not a native English speaker & thank God for that spell checker for the benefit of all WD users reading my posts.  ;) ...

Our free whited00r firmware download statistics (more than 700,000 downloads since April 2012 so far) shows that a huge chunk of users are not native English speakers so it is understandable that many are struggling when posting in this forum which is in English. But that is not a reason to not to try to respect all the other WD forum users by making an effort to write properly. As I wrote above, it is easy to enable a spell checker with an English dictionary in your browser and on your iPhone.

I am not playing the Grammar Police here, just trying to make the WD forums more pleasant & usable for all. That is why I volunteer as a moderator for whited00r. BTW we are recruiting new moderators and just PM us if you would like to join the WD Team.

iPhone/iPod Keyboard Tricks

Keyboard Turn Auto-Capitalization on or off: Choose General > Keyboard and turn Auto- Capitalization on or off. By default, iPod touch/iPhone automatically capitalizes words after you type sentence-ending punctuation or a return character.

Using one finger, touch the shift (up arrow) key on the keyboard and do not release. Slide your finger to the letter you'd like to capitalize, and release. There you go. In one stroke, instead of two, you've capped a letter.

Enter punctuation quickly. To enter a period while using the on-screen keyboard, hold down the Punctuation key and slide your finger over to the Period button. Then release it. (This works for all punctuation, of course.)

Simply press that ".123" key normally, type your period and then hit the space bar – the iPhone realizes you’ve just ended a sentence and are beginning another, so it automatically switches back to the alphabetical layout.

The trick also works with any character on the punctuation/number keyboard layout: press the .123 button, hit a number or punctuation character, then press the space bar to switch the layout back to alphabetical. For some characters that typically have a letter after them, such as an apostrophe, the keyboard seems to switch itself back automatically without any interaction on the user’s part; not even a space bar.

Get a bigger keyboard in Safari. Before you begin browsing, rotate the phone horizontally. Now tap the address bar. Voilà: a wider keyboard.

If you wanted to type contractions like "he’ll" or "we’ll," but they were a hassle: without the apostrophe, as they are both words on their own, so the keyboard software wouldn’t recommend the contraction. You have to click the punctuation button, then hit the apostrophe to form the right word.

But there’s a better way: simply add a third "l." Type "helll," and the keyboard software will recommend "he’ll." Type "welll," and the keyboard software will recommend "we’ll."

This also works with "were" and "we’re." Type an extra "e" ("weree") and the software recommends "we’re."

More here: iPhone Tips & Tricks – Focus: iPhone’s Keyboard