Author Topic: [Solved] iPhone 3G Installation error 1600 Fix  (Read 32120 times)

Offline Apollo

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile
[Solved] iPhone 3G Installation error 1600 Fix
« on: January 24, 2013, 05:11:13 PM »
So, I finally was able to install whited00r 6 on my iPhone 3g.

I'm posting this to help the people that had the same problem as I did (iTunes error 1600) when trying to restore to wd 6 fw.

I tried using iReb, using redsn0w, re-installing iTunes and nothing worked.

So, this is what works: Downgrade your iOS to 3.1.2, then use blackra1n to jailbreak it.

After you do that, use iReb to put it in pwned DFU mode, and simply use iTunes to SHIFT+Restore to whited00r.

Hope this helps you people.  :)

Moderator note: Edited thread title to add relevant keywords as described in  WD 6: Tips to Quickly Solve your Problems/Bugs & Get Answers FAST! and fixed some typos & missing line breaks
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 06:58:12 PM by PierreP »

Offline PierreP

• WD FAQ Maker
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Everything is Relative
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 3G
  • My Computer: Windows
Re: [Solved] iPhone 3G Installation error 1600 Fix
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2013, 07:01:06 PM »
Thank you Apollo for taking the time to post how you installed whited00r 6 on your iPhone 3G and helping the whited00r community by sharing. And welcome to our Forum!  8) So +1 Internets for you.

Offline Squirtle

• Whited00r iPod iPhone User
    • View Profile
  • Device: Does Not Own iDevice ARMv6
Jailbreak with blackra1n?
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2013, 04:54:58 PM »
Hi, I was just wondering, do I have to jailbreak with blackra1n, because that isn't working for me, unfortunately.  :-\

Offline PierreP

• WD FAQ Maker
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Everything is Relative
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 3G
Re: Jailbreak with blackra1n?
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2013, 05:21:54 PM »
Hi, I was just wondering, do I have to jailbreak with blackra1n, because that isn't working for me, unfortunately.  :-\

Welcome to the Whited00r forum!  8)

If you have a whited00r installation problem essential info needed so we can help you as described in WD 6: Tips to Quickly Solve your Problems/Bugs & Get Answers FAST!

1- Device model and the current iOS firmware you have on it. Is it already jailbroken and carrier unlocked or is it Factory Unlocked?
2- Your Baseband & Bootloader versions.
3- Are you on Mac or Windows OS version?  iTunes version?

f0recast is a simple free standalone tool to instantly find essential iPhone info including Bootloader version and baseband. Works on Mac & Windows. Download the free f0recast & iREB tools here: http://ih8sn0w.com/

I just connected my iPhone 3G to my computer with iTunes closed, started the small standalone (means no install required) f0recast and it gave me all the essential info about the iPhone: