Author Topic: iTunes Error 1604 or 1600 iPhone 2G Tried Mac and Windows  (Read 10391 times)

Offline dmcmsn

• Whited00r iPod iPhone User
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 2G
  • My Computer: Mac
iTunes Error 1604 or 1600 iPhone 2G Tried Mac and Windows
« on: August 23, 2013, 01:17:50 AM »
Hi i'm having trouble installing your awesome firmware on my iPhone 2G i keep getting iTunes error iPhone cannot be restored error 1604!  :-[
I have tried different usb cables tried the Normal and Unlocked one. I need the unlocked one.
I've tried it on my Mac and on my Windows PC.
It will restore to the official Apple firmware but not the Whited00r one.  :'(

I really hope it's resolved quickly as i cant wait to test out your firmware.

It's an iPhone 2G (First Generation) 16GB was previously jailbroken but gave it a clean install of the Apple firmware then tried to restore to Whited00r but it doesn't work!

PierreP Moderator note: Edited thread title to add relevant keywords as described in Whited00r 6: Tips to Quickly Solve your Problems/Bugs & Get Answers FAST!

Offline AnimateDread

• SuperHero Member
  • Learning developer
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPod Touch 1G
  • My Computer: Windows
Re: Whited00r 6 iPhone 2G error 1604
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2013, 01:27:10 AM »
Hi, welcome here :)

Fixing that error is easy, you need to put your iphone in DFU by doing the following:

plug in you iphone to the pc

turn it off

press the power button for 3 second

without releasing the power button, hold both home and power button for 10 seconds

release only the power button and continue to hold the home button for 15 seconds

Your iphone should be on a black screen, if iTunes popup, just close it

download iReb at ih8sn0w.com

open iReb in administrator mode, click iphone 2G

after iReb is done, try to restore whited00r again :)
Soutient en Francais ici

Offline dmcmsn

• View Profile
Re: Can't install on my iPhone 2G Tried Mac and Windows! Please help!
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2013, 01:37:24 AM »
I ran iReb on my Mac and got all of this... and itunes error 1600

Waiting for DFU mode...
Waiting for DFU mode...
Waiting for DFU mode...

Unsupported Device!!!

logout

[Process completed]

Offline PierreP

• WD FAQ Maker
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Everything is Relative
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 3G
Re: iPhone 2G iTunes Error 1604 or 1600
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2013, 03:17:53 AM »
Try those search  ;) site:whited00r.com [Solved] error 1604 and also: site:whited00r.com [Solved] error 1600

I you get the same 1600 or 1604 iTunes error on both Mac & Windows on different computers:

1- Try with an other known working data cable.

2- Make sure the data port of the iPhone is not dirty with pocket lint preventing a proper cable seating & contact: clean it using a flashlight, magnifying glass & needle or sharpened toothpick but be careful to not bend or break the contacts.

One one of my iPhone 3G the Data port needed to be replaced because it was corroded and causing a circus of all kinds of iTunes errors. I had to replace also the data cable twice so far because only cheap Chinese clone cables are available where I live & they do not last long & were causing iTunes errors.

3- Check the clean install steps here: iPhone 2G & 3G - Carrier Locked SIM card Not Supported iTunes Error

4- Sometimes iTunes lies and if you get the 1600 or 1604 error AFTER it installed the firmware maybe the installation is successful after all so disconnect the iPhone and do a Hard Reset.

Hard Reset often solve many problems: hold both Home & Power buttons until the Apple logo appears and let go of the buttons & smell the roses while it is doing it's thing.

No worries, hard reset will not change any of your info, tweaks & apps on the device.

5- If all the above fails, restore your iPhone 2G to stock iOS 3.1.3 using iTunes then jailbreak it using this Jailbreak Wizard and then install Whited00r Unlocked version over it.

I know it is weird but to jailbreak stock iOS 3.1.3 on iPhone 2G or 3G you MUST use redsn0w_mac_0.9.6rc16.zip on a Mac or redsn0w_win_0.9.6rc16.zip in Windows and also download iOS 3.1.2 for your device because redsn0w does not recognize iOS 3.1.3 but it works fine to unlock it as I tested it on both iPhone 2G & iPhone 3G.

And thank you in advance for reporting back in this thread as it may help other users with a similar problem.  8)

Offline merkley

• View Profile
Re: iTunes Error 1604 or 1600 iPhone 2G Tried Mac and Windows
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2013, 08:43:49 PM »
I tried everything in the last method described. I'm on a mac with an iPhone 2g running 3.1.3 I still get a 1604 error, my cables look clean and so does the port on the phone. ireb tells me i have an "unsupported device!!!" I get no progress bar on the phone when attempting to restore with the whited00r custom software, it just goes directly to the screen telling me to plug it into itunes where it waits 10 minutes before itunes give me the error.

i have even used redsn0w to get my phone into what it calls (wtf) mode and i assume others call PWNED mode. all to no avail, iReb still says it's unsupported.

the only reason i really want to use whited00r is to be able to find and install 3.1.3 compatible apps. For example, why is it impossible to find a compatible version of something as simple as facebook? If there is an easier way to do it, I haven't found it and would appreciate info if anyone has it.

thanks.

Offline n0s-speed

• Not here for some time. Enrolled in the Army.
    • View Profile
  • Device: Does Not Own iDevice ARMv6
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2013, 09:44:47 PM »
Welcome to WD forums Merk. try this maybe it gonna solve the prob, download and install stock apple fw 3.1.2 from here & jailbreak it with blackra1n [Mac], install Whited00r again.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 09:50:53 PM by n0s-speed »
R.I.P. Paul Walker [September 12, 1973 - November 30, 2013] ~

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
  • My Computer: Linux
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2013, 09:52:12 PM »
You tried the method that used Redsn0w instead of iReb?  That's typically the best thing for Mac users as the iReb is still in beta for Mac (from what I can tell).

Offline merkley

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2013, 10:44:21 PM »
Thanks for responding.

I have tried every method I could find. Do you recommend I restore with your linked 3.1.2 via itunes or some other method? I haven't been able to get itunes to do any restores other than it's own default restore. If i browse and select a restore it doesn't work.

Offline merkley

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2013, 10:54:30 PM »
Hold on. it looks like itunes is accepting the 3.1.2 file you linked as a viable selection.

once i jailbreak it with black rain, which is the preferred method to restore/update to whited00r 6?

i'm sorry for asking for precise directions, but i really have been at this all day long and i have tried so many methods it's getting hard to keep track.

Offline n0s-speed

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2013, 11:19:14 PM »
once i jailbreak it with black rain, which is the preferred method to restore/update to whited00r 6?

Just download the .ipsw, open iTunes, hold while selecting it then click Restore.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 11:21:31 PM by n0s-speed »

Offline merkley

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2013, 11:22:10 PM »
OK it looks like the crucial step is restoring to apple's 3.1.2 BEFORE anything else. I was attempting to do this via redsn0w and iReb and had no luck but it worked fine via itunes this time and the rest i just did according to the original whiter00m install instructions. It all appears to be working now.

thank you for your help. :)

Offline n0s-speed

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2013, 11:27:37 PM »
Glad to help bro.

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
  • My Computer: Linux
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2013, 11:28:02 PM »
OK it looks like the crucial step is restoring to apple's 3.1.2 BEFORE anything else. I was attempting to do this via redsn0w and iReb and had no luck but it worked fine via itunes this time and the rest i just did according to the original whiter00m install instructions. It all appears to be working now.

thank you for your help. :)

Glad to hear it, some people just have issues and I guess the 3.1.2 helps out :)