Development - iOS Custom Firmware > Amateur Developers

[PUBLIC BETA] BetterFolders for iOS 3

<< < (2/11) > >>

Bruan:

--- Quote from: BetterFolders on December 11, 2013, 11:29:20 PM ---Actually if you're planning to get exactly the same look as it is in iOS7 you will face a bunch of problems. Animations are really simple but you'll have to render all of those huge icons (120x120) with different speeds and Easein-s  witch is nearly impossible on 2G-s and 3G-s. Even with OpenCL(we tried that with 3d planes lol this is crazy right?). Also you'll get a huge amount of aliasing an there's not way to fix it. That's why we didn't do it actually..  NO WAY to get a full native look.

--- End quote ---

I haven't even messed with the graphic animation frameworks to be honest, still on my list of things to learn. All I do animation wise is just mess with scale and alpha/frames in a UIView animation (probably a better way to do that admittedly).  I know what you mean though, animations are a pain on 3.1.3 :( iOS 4 at least has support for block animations, which cleans things up nicely and helps with timings of things greatly. It is a pain to time stuff right on 3.1.3, although I *think* the basic UIView animations support the ease in/out animation style even on 3.1.3? I thought I have used that before. 
Either way, you did a brilliant job animation wise on 3.1.3 :)

--- Quote from: BetterFolders on December 11, 2013, 11:29:20 PM ---Yep messing around with iconlists is a huge pain in the ### for sure trust me)))) You will end up hooking entire classes to get some sort of debug log.

--- End quote ---

Yeah I did a little messing around, but I didn't even get to rearranging code and whatnot. I just made a static one that enabled/disabled editing, but did nothing on drag/drop. I probably will mess with it for other projects in the future, but for now I need to learn more basics :)

--- Quote from: BetterFolders on December 11, 2013, 11:29:20 PM ---Thanks again mate really appreciate it ;) we really wanted to make it look native with all that native stuff included. That was the goal.

--- End quote ---

Well you did very very good on that :)

--- Quote from: BetterFolders on December 11, 2013, 11:29:20 PM ---Well actually we call it like that because it's not just a hook(hooking something and injecting your code), we managed to log out some core system timings and events(don't ask me how lol.. goes down to hex codes makes my left eye blink randomly)  and found a way which makes the system memory(hard coded kernel stuff), api and graphics controller  think that it was not hooked at all... this was the only way to make the graphics render this fast... to gain higher cpu priority for animation delay timers etc.

Apple guys do quite the same stuff with their native folders(and not only with them), but of course they are dealing with open source there...

--- End quote ---

Haha, I don't think even the doctor can help with the eye blinking ;) Maybe you are the chosen one
That sounds like it would hurt to figure that out :(  It seems to have worked though! Smooth and wonderful animations!

BetterFolders:

--- Quote ---I *think* the basic UIView animations support the ease in/out animation style even on 3.1.3?

--- End quote ---

Oh sure there are but you'll need to put some delays to make them work properly and than make something that makes delay work properly :D

--- Quote ---Haha, I don't think even the doctor can help with the eye blinking ;) Maybe you are the chosen one

--- End quote ---

Lol I guess I took the wrong pill

Bruan:

--- Quote from: BetterFolders on December 12, 2013, 12:40:00 AM ---Oh sure there are but you'll need to put some delays to make them work properly and than make something that makes delay work properly :D
Lol I guess I took the wrong pill

--- End quote ---

Ahhh... I thought it just slowed down the animation near the end or beginning but still took the specified amount of time (so, faster at first then slow).  Maybe not then :o  I saw that you had done that, some sort of animation manager. (no clue how it works and I'm not about to go messing with it :P ).

Ah better than me, I took both ;)

BetterFolders:

--- Quote --- I thought it just slowed down the animation near the end or beginning but still took the specified amount of time (so, faster at first then slow). 
--- End quote ---

it simply lags when your have like 12 icons in your UIview and +10 outside on the springboard and you're trying to move them with easeinout with the same amount of time.

Under delay I mean the delay(timer fire) before the whole thing starts to animate. not just a delay parameter :)

--- Quote ---some sort of animation manager
--- End quote ---

A monster with assemble injections lol

cad111:
Very cool!
Please make this open folders looks like ios 7 !!!!it will be amazing!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version