Development - iOS Custom Firmware > Suggestions for the Next Whited00r Version

Suggestions for Whited00r 8 - DISCUSSION THREAD

(1/49) > >>

Bruan:
Discussion rules!
Read this before posting!
Suggestions for Whited00r 8 - READ BEFORE POSTING!

and, a quote from that post above... (still read the whole thing please.)

--- Quote ---Feature Requests/Suggestions
Now, you probably think "I bet they don't know I want this feature!", well, let me tell you, you are probably wrong. Unless you want the device to be able to communicate with Australia via Morse Code natively, we probably know what you want.
Every year as the new iOS rolls around, we get inundated with requests for features. Always the same sort of requests too. There requests fall under normally two or three categories:

* Feature Requests for new features present in the new iOS. It may sound funny, but people actually request these features on a forum and project solely dedicated to providing as many of said features as we can, all for free. We already know you want these features. ;)  However, we do have experience with this and what is possible and not, both in time needed and effort that can be put forth, or even just physically possible with the devices. We talk a lot in private boards debating what can be done and can't done, and then get to work. Asking us for features never increases the likelihood they will be made, unless you can also provide some idea as to how to accomplish that goal. This is a community driven project, and while all the team members may be brillaintly smart ( :P), we can't think of everything. We welcome gladly requests with suggestions on how to accomplish said feature. Those are productive. Just asking for a feature is not, because it doesn't change our ideas of what we can and can't do.
* Requests for Cydia tweaks to be built in (Paid and free ones).  We do get loads of requests for certain tweaks to be pre-installed on the firmware, sometimes not even relevant to the actual firmware's goal of providing a higher iOS look and feel, but rather just as a convenience to that one user to save them the time of installing it. That is not the point of whited00r. Every extra tweak we put in is another slowdown on the system, and we go for speed before features always, especially when those features have nothing to do with what we are about. Also, we will never include a paid tweak in whited00r. We are against piracy entirely. Go support those developers!  >:(
* Requests for features physically impossible. These requests generally fall along the lines of wanting a new service rather than feature, like iTunes music, Continuity, AirDrop, or similar. None of these are possible due to the closed source nature of iOS and all the services of higher firmwares. Nothing can ever be done to enable these sorts of features. They all either rely on higher firmware capabilities, or else require different hardware entirely. We cannot ever make these services work with the official apple ones, and we aren't about to go making our own services. Only thing we may ever do is an iCloud type thing, but that wouldn't sync across the real iCloud, only your computer or dropbox like the days of old.  That being said, if you have some suggestion, just like above, for how to accomplish something without requiring a server set up on our end, please tell us!
So, if you happen to be thinking of making a feature request and it falls under the above, aside from what we said we like, please consider not doing so because you just will be linked to this thread and quoted the relevant section(s).

--- End quote ---

This is a thread that will be updated with all the general discussions for specific bits that are created, as well as a general discussion thread in general.

So, for example, someone makes a thread just about a couple (e.g. one or two things), and that topic is just for discussing those things. That helps us keep track of it and not have tons of different topics for specific features all scattered around. We will link to that thread in here, so you can join in.  If you make your own when one already exists, you will be told to post there or else just have your thread merged into it, unless it is significant enough to stand on its own.

Otherwise, for those of you that need some things explained or just like to bulk suggest things (following the READ BEFORE POSTING rules linked above of course), then this thread is for you :)[/list]

MarioKartEpicness:
Whited00r likes to make a close clone of newer iOS'es; so if you're looking for a way to actually find out about the new features, you might want to check out the link below. ;)

m.youtube.com/watch?v=eAHnxsESL1E

Edit: if you have iOS 8 beta 1, getting beta 2 should be as easy as checking for an update in the settings app.

iPH0NE_3GS:
Double tap the home button reviles favorites in contact list... First we need to make a favorites bar in contacts then when we double tap the home button the people in our favorites pop up like in iOS 8  (or we can do recents , what ever is Easyer)

Bruan:

--- Quote from: MarioKartEpicness on June 04, 2014, 10:25:44 PM ---Whited00r likes to make a close clone of newer iOS'es; so if you're looking for a way to actually find out about the new features, you might want to check out the link below. ;)

m.youtube.com/watch?v=eAHnxsESL1E

--- End quote ---

Thank you for that!  ;)  I think we are covered on getting betas where needed. I may end up picking up a new device just to use iOS 8 on because I don't want to update my iPhone 5 because I do some development for iOS 7.

--- Quote from: iPH0NE_3GS on June 05, 2014, 01:11:01 AM ---Double tap the home button reviles favorites in contact list... First we need to make a favorites bar in contacts then when we double tap the home button the people in our favorites pop up like in iOS 8  (or we can do recents , what ever is Easyer)

--- End quote ---

Aye, that would be nice. We shall see :)

[email protected]:
my suggestion is very less
1)reminder app notification
2)spotlight search like in IOS8
3)all bugs solve
i suppose it will take less time to make WD8 because IOS7 and 8 are the same (almost)
i wouldnt suggest any new featurs because the device cant run :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version