Development - iOS Custom Firmware > Suggestions for the Next Whited00r Version

Suggestions for Whited00r 8 - DISCUSSION THREAD

<< < (3/49) > >>

Bruan:
@luunhatminh1999
1. We may, but really, Facebook is more common for people as it is on the desktop as well as phone ;) 

2. The developer for reminders had a sort of falling out with the rest of the team, so I don't know if we will be getting anything changed with that unless we do something from scratch :(

3. We try not to put any superfluous things on the firmware, for the same reason we don't have privacy settings in the settings app, because there is nothing behind them ;) If we just add things for the sake of it, it becomes cluttered.  (and we get tons of forum posts asking why they don't work even if we state they aren't actual features)

4.  Well, a lot of the new features are very quick for 3.1.3, except for Sara and the iOS 7 App Switcher. Control center is very quick unless you turn on the advanced visual option for having the blur enabled, and really, there is no way to make that quicker. As is it is way past anything you could have hoped for out of this hardware with how quick it is already ;)

5. We may, again, it comes down to time though on what we can and cannot do with balancing all the other things on the plate.

6. I hope you aren't talking about the graphical things that we cannot fix because of apps running as root that was explained in the Whited00r 7.1 FAQ/Bugs and Troubleshooting READ BEFORE POSTING ;) We decided that instead of making all apps readable, but look nasty graphically overall, and really more of an amateur attempt at the graphics, we went and used white for all the apps we can, aside from root apps, because they cannot be hooked by our UI tweak. Other than the root apps (3-4 really total that work on 3.1.3 and people install, if that), every other app and third party app look very much like iOS 7 for what we can theme in them without reverse engineering the UI on every single app in the App Time Machine. As of Whited00r 7.1, there should be much less white on white text anywhere else in the system aside from what is explained above, as well as the buttons and such should all look much nicer and be readable and/or iOS 7 like (which if you complain about that, you are using the wrong firmware) ;)

7. Again with the adding of features that don't do anything, we don't really want to do that. It makes users upset when something doesn't work, and if it never can work. Control center was a special exception to the rule, simply because we did not have time to do all we had wanted to do.

8. Well, it is on the very long list of things people want. If we were to do it, we would want to do it 100% as a feature, not just a simple disabling of something notification wise. If users want that they can just disable push notifications themselves.

9. That's more of a bug, and sort of not. We will look into how we can change that :)

--- Quote from: iPH0NE_3GS on June 07, 2014, 01:50:02 AM ---How about an increased Blur setting in WD settings so everything is blurred like the volume thing and the home screen when in app switcher and notifications ect...

--- End quote ---

Well seeing the blur is already very very slow to do and is a miracle it blurs where it does, any extra blurs really wouldn't fit in well. None of the blurs are actually "Live". Blurring the volume popup or even the notifications would not look good, because we can't actually update the blur without having a massive hit on performance for when the underneath of those popups/views change.

Sexy:
Hm, maybe folders maybe?

And, ty to those people who told me that my iPod 3g wouldn't get WD ever and ever (CPvidemaker, mariokart or something, bruan)... I'm buying a used iPod 2nd gen 8gigs, and hopefully i'll get WD7 on monday or tuesday or so... Anyway, good luck with WD8!

P.s. Bruan, weren't u bcooperizcool or something o.o;; weird. What's ur profile pic as well? Is it like a sloth wearing sunglasses with a gun or something? o.o 

OFf topic o.o
Whited00r 7 emoticons r kinda kewl
ima try guessing each one
:) :| :D :D >:D :( :O ;) o.o ?(how to make hitting wall) :P (:) :I :x <3?

MarioKartEpicness:

--- Quote from: Sexy on June 07, 2014, 08:33:35 PM ---Hm, maybe folders maybe?

And, ty to those people who told me that my iPod 3g wouldn't get WD ever and ever (CPvidemaker, mariokart or something, bruan)... I'm buying a used iPod 2nd gen 8gigs, and hopefully i'll get WD7 on monday or tuesday or so... Anyway, good luck with WD8!

P.s. Bruan, weren't u bcooperizcool or something o.o;; weird. What's ur profile pic as well? Is it like a sloth wearing sunglasses with a gun or something? o.o 

OFf topic o.o
Whited00r 7 emoticons r kinda kewl
ima try guessing each one
:) :| :D :D >:D :( :O ;) o.o ?(how to make hitting wall) :P (:) :I :x <3?

--- End quote ---
They already have folders.

Bruan:
The iPod touch 3G can run iOS 5 anyway so it has more native features than whited00r does and more tweak support too ;)

Anyway, we do have folders on the device, although they are a very old tweak which we cannot really update. The only reason they look different in Whited00r 7 is we hooked the tweak itself for what we could, and modified some of it to display differently and more iOS 7 like.

Yeah, I did used to be called that but I switched to something more professional ;)
My avatar is indeed a sloth with sunglasses and a gun. It is in an alleyway too :P

If you go to "preview" you can actually see the list of emoticons and choose from them there, and see what makes them :)

[email protected]:
Suggestion for real time multitasking for fast appswicher  :)
and sara's graphics also....the mic thing is no longer there.It shows a wired white line
AAAAAAAAAnd i know this feature cannot be made due to hardware issue but i will be suggesting it ......like the Hey siri can we make Hey sara :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version