Author Topic: Suggestions for Whited00r 8 - DISCUSSION THREAD  (Read 52239 times)

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
  • Device: iPhone 3G
  • My Computer: Linux
Re: Suggestions for Whited00r 8 - DISCUSSION THREAD
« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2014, 06:28:22 AM »
I didn't mean that y'all had to use the actual tweak ScreenFade on hashbang's repo. No I read the Read Before Posting for WD8 page and that it says no more public betas and no more intergrating tweaks from 3rd party developers, paid or not, "Go Support Those Developers!" no, I was just suggesting a tweat or addon of that fashion. A fade of the screen when waking the device to lock screen and sleeping the device to blank screen. It makes it feel very ios7/8 instead of an adbrupt "Good morning" lol when clicking the home or lock button. But there probably needs to be an on/off togglefor such feature (most likelyin the configurator) because I have read some reviews online about how some people don't like the fade. So it could be an option that for people who want it can have it enabled and the same goes for the ones that just like "ios6" style waking.

Ahhh, well either way, depending on how it works fundamentally, it is possible it only really works because of a certain API change on a different iOS version.  That quite often happens with tweaks ;)  A screen fade may be possible, depending on how it effects the device responsiveness on wake and sleep.
Most of the things that are not necessary visually to make the device actually usable and readable are able to be toggled by the whited00r settings, so if we did make something like that and put it in, it would have a toggle :)

Offline iPH0NE_3GS

• SuperHero Member
  • 3GS BABY !
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 2G
  • My Computer: Mac
« Reply #46 on: June 21, 2014, 12:49:16 PM »

I have just a few ideas that should be added. One is the ScreenFade tweak. I believe it would work with the WD firmware if it had a little modifying or maybe one made from scratch just for WD. Another wouldbe simply just a notification center. Just seems something ergonomically useful. I know a lot of people post that they want NC, I just added this to my post just cuz it's on my mind right now. The respring double tap when using manual multitasking for the card switcher ios7 style and even an app closer by swipping up on the card. These would be nice to add and many people would probably agree with it. I hope the Screen fade effect during waking and sleeping is added. Thank You in advance!!
I agree that would be cool I haven't thought about that before
Check out My "iOS 11 Theme For WD 7.1 " to make your WD 7.1 device look and Feel like iOS 11 !!

Offline FordRanchero289

• Small Engine Diagnostician, Technician, & Mechanic
    • View Profile
    • Jake A-Ron Duncan
  • Device: iPod Touch 2G
  • My Computer: Windows
« Reply #47 on: June 21, 2014, 03:14:44 PM »
A screen fade may be possible, depending on how it effects the device responsiveness on wake and sleep.
Most of the things that are not necessary visually to make the device actually usable and readable are able to be toggled by the whited00r settings, so if we did make something like that and put it in, it would have a toggle :)

Cool. Me and probably a lot of others will be happy to see this feature.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 03:16:59 PM by FordRanchero289 »
Apple iPod Touch 2nd Generation MC Model running Whited00r 7.1
Manufactured: January 1-2, 2010 (First Week of 2010)

Offline iPH0NE_3GS

• SuperHero Member
  • 3GS BABY !
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 23, 2014, 02:23:24 AM »
How about a time lapse options in video like it takes a photo every 5 seconds and turns it in to a video .... Or just a sped up version of the video option
Check out My "iOS 11 Theme For WD 7.1 " to make your WD 7.1 device look and Feel like iOS 11 !!

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
« Reply #49 on: June 23, 2014, 06:35:35 AM »
How about a time lapse options in video like it takes a photo every 5 seconds and turns it in to a video .... Or just a sped up version of the video option

Speeding up the video switching option is not really able to happen, because Cycorder still will take the same amount of time to launch :/
There is probably an app for doing what you want, although as a video recording replacement, it is not such a good alternative.

Offline iPH0NE_3GS

• SuperHero Member
  • 3GS BABY !
    • View Profile
Suggestions for Whited00r 8 - DISCUSSION THREAD
« Reply #50 on: June 24, 2014, 01:32:52 AM »
Speeding up the video switching option is not really able to happen, because Cycorder still will take the same amount of time to launch :/
There is probably an app for doing what you want, although as a video recording replacement, it is not such a good alternative.
i don't mean rid of video recording just add in the time time lapse app or option on whited00r  like swipe twice to the left and it will switch to the time-lapse app and once to the left is of corse cycorder ... and maybe theme the apps to look like ios 7/8 ... Maybe swipe to the right reviles a square photo option? Idk I don't think square is all that nessassary  or cool like time lapse

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
« Reply #51 on: June 24, 2014, 06:09:14 AM »
Ohhhh...  That may be difficult, and I don't know if the hardware is there to support longer time lapses recorded via that...

Offline MarioKartEpicness

• IPA God
  • SuperHero Member
  • MKE and Dog, reporting for duty!
    • View Profile
  • Device: Does Not Own iDevice ARMv6
« Reply #52 on: June 24, 2014, 02:21:32 PM »
A simple yet possibly complicated idea is a small preview for certain apps like the weather app. Maybe it could be done if the preview acted like a folder, in the sense that opening the folder showed some basic info, as well as the option to launch the app.
You see this dog? Yeah, she's my cute dog. (☞゚∀゚)☞

Offline FordRanchero289

• View Profile
    • Jake A-Ron Duncan
« Reply #53 on: June 24, 2014, 06:32:43 PM »
I like what MarioKartEpicness said. Probably difficult to do but would be very cool.

Offline FordRanchero289

• View Profile
    • Jake A-Ron Duncan
« Reply #54 on: June 24, 2014, 06:40:47 PM »
MarioKartEpicness, I think that the theory of iOS Blocks would be the perfect solution. Check it out!!

http://ios.wonderhowto.com/inspiration/is-what-ios-8-would-look-like-with-widgets-and-its-pretty-amazing-0155254/

http://theultralinx.com/2014/05/pushing-ios-amazing-ios-8-concept.html

These would be so cool to have in WD8
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 07:35:58 PM by FordRanchero289 »

Offline iPH0NE_3GS

• SuperHero Member
  • 3GS BABY !
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 25, 2014, 03:13:01 AM »

MarioKartEpicness, I think that the theory of iOS Blocks would be the perfect solution. Check it out!!

http://ios.wonderhowto.com/inspiration/is-what-ios-8-would-look-like-with-widgets-and-its-pretty-amazing-0155254/

http://theultralinx.com/2014/05/pushing-ios-amazing-ios-8-concept.html

These would be so cool to have in WD8
It's not actually in ios 8 thus whited00r will not add it  If you want you can add that tweak in your self

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
« Reply #56 on: June 25, 2014, 07:11:31 AM »
It's not actually in ios 8 thus whited00r will not add it  If you want you can add that tweak in your self

This.  Whited00r may provide a couple extra things stock higher iOS versions do not, but not normally tweak wise.  The only real difference is the Whited00r Settings to allow for control over the firmware.  As for actual extra tweaks, we simply don't have time to do that if it isn't in stock iOS.

Offline MarioKartEpicness

• IPA God
  • SuperHero Member
  • MKE and Dog, reporting for duty!
    • View Profile
  • Device: Does Not Own iDevice ARMv6
« Reply #57 on: June 25, 2014, 01:29:42 PM »

This.  Whited00r may provide a couple extra things stock higher iOS versions do not, but not normally tweak wise.  The only real difference is the Whited00r Settings to allow for control over the firmware.  As for actual extra tweaks, we simply don't have time to do that if it isn't in stock iOS.
Ah, I see. thank you anyway.

But if their actually is a tweak in cydia for it, what is it called? I may try it out myself.
You see this dog? Yeah, she's my cute dog. (☞゚∀゚)☞

Offline FordRanchero289

• View Profile
    • Jake A-Ron Duncan
« Reply #58 on: June 25, 2014, 02:04:43 PM »
I don't think it's a tweak. And if it were, it'd probably be for the legit ios devices.

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
« Reply #59 on: June 26, 2014, 01:50:15 AM »
Ah, I see. thank you anyway.

But if their actually is a tweak in cydia for it, what is it called? I may try it out myself.

Nothing for iOS 3, there is for maybe iOS 5+ (iOS 6 it does support for sure) called "Velox".