Author Topic: Suggestions for Whited00r 8 - DISCUSSION THREAD  (Read 52239 times)

Offline iTechy21

• Bashing the shell
  • Global Moderator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Well errr... Stuff :3
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
  • Device: iPod Touch 1G
  • My Computer: Windows
Re: Suggestions for Whited00r 8 - DISCUSSION THREAD
« Reply #90 on: July 16, 2014, 07:37:41 PM »
The folders in ios 7 are amazing I would love to see this added in to WD8
It may be possible but it would require making a new tweak (and the previous developer left and didn't leave the source code :( ) for these folders and animations in ios 3 are pretty much non-existent :(
Follow me on twitter! | Subscribe to my YouTube Channel! | Follow my blog!
Please Read all the stickies if you're new. And follow the rules, please :)

Offline iPH0NE_3GS

• SuperHero Member
  • 3GS BABY !
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 2G
  • My Computer: Mac
« Reply #91 on: July 16, 2014, 09:05:40 PM »

I really won't mind about the animation but it would be nice to have the full page affect with 9 icons on each page with 5 or 10 pages
Check out My "iOS 11 Theme For WD 7.1 " to make your WD 7.1 device look and Feel like iOS 11 !!

Offline leon122

• Whited00r iPod iPhone User
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 3G
« Reply #92 on: July 16, 2014, 09:59:11 PM »
As long as they would look like iOS 7 that would be amazing :) animations don't matter much at all.

Offline Appletechtim

• View Profile
  • Device: iPod Touch 2G
« Reply #93 on: July 18, 2014, 10:42:36 AM »
Beter multitasking not. more

Offline MarioKartEpicness

• IPA God
  • SuperHero Member
  • MKE and Dog, reporting for duty!
    • View Profile
  • Device: Does Not Own iDevice ARMv6
« Reply #94 on: July 18, 2014, 11:19:51 AM »

Beter multitasking not. more
I think the multitasking is pretty good right now, but that's just an opinion
You see this dog? Yeah, she's my cute dog. (☞゚∀゚)☞

Offline iPH0NE_3GS

• SuperHero Member
  • 3GS BABY !
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 19, 2014, 09:15:00 PM »
What do you think a section in ATM for ios 3 apps that are themed to look like ios 7 I will theme some apps and submit them when I get home from vacation on Thursday
Check out My "iOS 11 Theme For WD 7.1 " to make your WD 7.1 device look and Feel like iOS 11 !!

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
  • My Computer: Linux
« Reply #96 on: July 20, 2014, 05:42:51 AM »
What do you think a section in ATM for ios 3 apps that are themed to look like ios 7 I will theme some apps and submit them when I get home from vacation on Thursday

I don't know, perhaps there should be a different solution for that, like a post-install method of installing a theme, so the app doesn't need to be constantly updated server side, as well as require the app to be re-installed each time (loosing data as well each re-install), just in order to get a different theme.

Offline noob

• View Profile
  • Device: iPod Touch 2G
« Reply #97 on: July 21, 2014, 03:28:42 AM »
can you guys make something like liveclock? alos the spotlight search and a notification center
Is ye boi

Offline 3DayTheory

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 21, 2014, 04:40:31 AM »
can you guys make something like liveclock? alos the spotlight search and a notification center

"Notification center would be nice, and we do have all the pieces, just not put together for that.  We would want to do it very nicely and professionally, so it feels right to use and doesn't slow down the device or act funky (kind of like the iOS 7 App Switcher acts funky). - Bruan"

and also, i think there is a liveclock like feature in Cydia

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
« Reply #99 on: July 21, 2014, 05:38:47 AM »
There is a live clock feature in Cydia, partially the reason we do not include it in whited00r.

Offline iPH0NE_3GS

• SuperHero Member
  • 3GS BABY !
    • View Profile
Suggestions for Whited00r 8 - DISCUSSION THREAD
« Reply #100 on: July 22, 2014, 02:29:06 AM »
Since iOS 8 bata 4 rolled out today they changed around control center a little bit (some people like it some do not) so the new one would be default in WD8 but in WD settings you can go back to ios 7 Control Center if you want.

There is also a new tips app so since basically we all know how to use an iPhone by now ,the tips app should be new features whitedoor has added ,or just tips on how to use the device basically just for looks :)

Third and probably stupid ...I notecard in settings brightness and bold text option now has a shortcut on the main page which looks like [Aa] and it's blue ,in WD 8 since it would be really dumb to move brightness ( since it's still located in wallpapers and brightness in the real ios 8 )  we could make that tab a WD change log which displays all the changes in the most recent update.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 11:24:53 AM by iPH0NE_3GS »

Offline iPH0NE_3GS

• SuperHero Member
  • 3GS BABY !
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 22, 2014, 02:33:46 AM »
Here What it looks like

Offline mhveinvp

• Kashmir-IOK
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 22, 2014, 12:11:33 PM »
Hello.
Its me again.
This time i have a few suggestions.
1. Tips app. The latest ios 8 beta introduced a standalone tips app which is supposed to teach users some basic stuff. Here at WD, we definately need one because just look at the forums and how many "how to" posts exist. All the way from cracking apps via clutch and inserting the push certificate.
We do need it.
2. WD browser. To replace safari because i simply have stopped using it and im sure everyone else has too. Replacement? The in-app browsers found in apps the likes of twitter and those download managers. Those browsers work but safari doesnt. What im saying is take the in-app browser and turn it into a safari replacement.
3. There exists a setting of restrictions. A tab of "app store" exists there. Because app store is broken for 3.1.3, i suggest is to hook it to hide atm app instead. Why? The same reason apple put the hide app store in the first place.

Offline iTechy21

• Bashing the shell
  • Global Moderator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Well errr... Stuff :3
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #103 on: July 22, 2014, 01:15:57 PM »
Hello.
Its me again.
1. Tips app. The latest ios 8 beta introduced a standalone tips app which is supposed to teach users some basic stuff. Here at WD, we definately need one because just look at the forums and how many "how to" posts exist. All the way from cracking apps via clutch and inserting the push certificate.
We do need it.
2. WD browser. To replace safari because i simply have stopped using it and im sure everyone else has too. Replacement? The in-app browsers found in apps the likes of twitter and those download managers. Those browsers work but safari doesnt. What im saying is take the in-app browser and turn it into a safari replacement.
3. There exists a setting of restrictions. A tab of "app store" exists there. Because app store is broken for 3.1.3, i suggest is to hook it to hide atm app instead. Why? The same reason apple put the hide app store in the first place.
1. The tips app seems like a good idea it would be a nice way to give ideas on how to use whited00r and hopefully it will be removable via cydia which there would be a tutorial within the app and we could contain other ios hidden features.
2. The only thing is that the Java engine for Safari is faster than any of the other browsers. But you can download other browsers from app time machine (opera mini is quite good).
3. The App Store is already hidden and is replaced with app time machine.
Follow me on twitter! | Subscribe to my YouTube Channel! | Follow my blog!
Please Read all the stickies if you're new. And follow the rules, please :)

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
« Reply #104 on: July 23, 2014, 02:54:46 AM »
Hello.
Its me again.
We do need it.

1. Tips app would be nice, even nicer if we could get the mobile version of the forums working so we could just use a web view so there is no need to update the application every time we update a tutorial.  That, or put the tutorials on the more responsive main site, under a special section for browsing them.  That may be a better solution...  Perhaps as a pre-added bookmark on the device would be a nicer solution, so then it is quick and easy to remove that bookmark.

2. Those use the same backend engine as Safari, although as iTechy21 pointed out, they use a slower javascript engine. Not sure why they would work where safari doesn't though :o

3. I don't really understand what you mean for the first bit, but the second bit already is in Whited00r 7.1. The App Store is hidden and can be launched via the App Time Machine instead (which now has the App Store name and icon)