Author Topic: Suggestions for Whited00r 8 - DISCUSSION THREAD  (Read 53402 times)

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
  • Device: iPhone 3G
  • My Computer: Linux
Re: Suggestions for Whited00r 8 - DISCUSSION THREAD
« Reply #225 on: January 24, 2015, 07:53:42 AM »
oh ! I think that would be a little hard on you guys? ???

yeah, that would be difficult. Unless we manage to switch out how whited00r is distributed anyway.

Offline jdosan3645

• Whited00r iPod iPhone User
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
  • Device: Does Not Own iDevice ARMv6
  • My Computer: Mac
« Reply #226 on: February 12, 2015, 09:52:30 PM »
Here's my suggestions:
- Interactive Notification ( of course )
- Notification center ( If you can)
- Mail app with Gestures
- iOS 8 Photo Editor
- New Weather app
- Combine Cycroder+Camera into ONE app
- Better Music UI ( Music Player, Video Player,..)
- Better Control Center ( Tap Play icon to Play Music; AirDrop (Bluetooth file sharing) )
- iOS 7.1/8 UI
- Optimize Safari to make it browse the web faster
- Optimize whited00r to use less RAM -> Fasterrrr
more...let me think about it...
I like where your going with this, but i feel the cyctoder and camera would be bloatware type, and the weather app to me feels great, i don't know about anyone else, but it is fine. Control Center should be kept the way it is, and maybe is like in iOS 8 has the recent contacts in app switcher, we add the control center to the app switcher. Make the wd app switcher more like the auto tweak, so it is more usable. The Mail app in wd is actually really well built, and has the smooth feel to it, I personally would not add gestures to it, as it would hinder with the speediness. What i would recommend would is the iOS 8 notification center, and the iOS 8 smoothness. Also, I would get rid of spotlight as it slows the device down as a whole. Something I also recommend is to keep the iOS 7.1 ui, since it the same as the iOS 8 ui, just iOS 8 ui has more bulk to it, which makes things slower. And optimize whited00r to use less ram. which would help out significantly

Offline georgethecat

• View Profile
  • Device: iPod Touch 2G
  • My Computer: Mac
« Reply #227 on: September 15, 2015, 02:14:24 PM »
Hi guys, I have installed WD 7.1 both on my iPhone 3G and my iPod Touch 2G. It's great! Congratulations to all the team who made this wonderful project!

I'm a graphic designer and if I can help you in any way will be a pleasure for me.

I have two suggestions.

1) The control center toggles in iOS 8/9 style.
    I found a tweak named "Centrex" that apply this graphical changes on iOS 7. I think could be useful.

2) In the control center a fake AIRDROP label. Only for our eyes, no function, no hope of interaction. But I think could be cool.

And I found this article, I think can be useful to suggest some ideas to us.

http://au.pcmag.com/apps/24382/gallery/before-and-after-ios-8-whats-different

Bye, peace! :)
iPod 2G and iPhone 3G both with Withed00r 7.1
Also iPhone 5S running iOS 9.0.2 jailbroken

Offline iTechy21

• Bashing the shell
  • Global Moderator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Well errr... Stuff :3
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
  • Device: iPod Touch 1G
  • My Computer: Windows
« Reply #228 on: September 15, 2015, 03:38:31 PM »
Hi guys, I have installed WD 7.1 both on my iPhone 3G and my iPod Touch 2G. It's great! Congratulations to all the team who made this wonderful project!

I'm a graphic designer and if I can help you in any way will be a pleasure for me.

I have two suggestions.

1) The control center toggles in iOS 8/9 style.
    I found a tweak named "Centrex" that apply this graphical changes on iOS 7. I think could be useful.

2) In the control center a fake AIRDROP label. Only for our eyes, no function, no hope of interaction. But I think could be cool.

And I found this article, I think can be useful to suggest some ideas to us.

http://au.pcmag.com/apps/24382/gallery/before-and-after-ios-8-whats-different

Bye, peace! :)
Welcome to the forums! Nice to see new faces every so often :)
Anyway I think Whited00r 8 may be skipped like Windows 9 depending on how things work out :P and we tend to avoid visual features as stated in the OP as they waste space some devices really need.
Many of the developers and team members own newer iOS devices (I myself have an iPad 2) and we can explore the differences :P but we will take any useful information we can get! ;)
Follow me on twitter! | Subscribe to my YouTube Channel! | Follow my blog!
Please Read all the stickies if you're new. And follow the rules, please :)

Offline FAMICOMASTER

• It won't let me select multiple devices...
    • View Profile
    • AiO Softworks Homepage
  • Device: iPhone 2G
Some Suggestions for future versions
« Reply #229 on: February 21, 2016, 04:31:19 AM »
Hello, I'm new here (but not to Whited00r) and I have a few suggestions here and there for you, and I have read the posting rules at the start of the thread and have tried my best to be as constructive and helpful as is humanly possible with my vocabulary, so here goes:

I'd like to request that folders be changed to look more like the quote-on-quote "Real" iOS 7/8/9 folders look like instead of the current iOS 4/5/6 look they have in Whited00r 7.1, the same goes for the Notes application. Maybe add some kind of Notifications center and / or a Spotlight search like in iOS 7 if possible, where you swipe down from the center of the screen to bring down the search bar?

The Siri clone (Sara) doesn't work at all on the iPhone 2G and wouldn't even launch on the iPhone 3G. Didn't try on the iPod Touch 1G/2G because neither have a microphone, so would you mind packaging something slightly better or somehow getting Voice Control from the iPhone 3GS / iPhone 4? The camera on the iPhone 2G is completely screwed up for both of my devices, the photos always turn out green and black (sometimes a bit of yellow but that's besides the point) and super grainy. Sometimes bookmarks won't go into folders, and sometimes all the icons won't fall all the way onto the home screen or leave a trail of sorts that goes between both pages of applications that I have.

There are a few debilitating and some just annoying graphical issues, such as how in the Contact application the borders for the photos don't work, as well as the fonts in some of the applications are just barely visible by their outline (such as song title in Music), making these apps difficult and in some cases impossible (or at least nearly so) to use properly or without too much trouble. The charging lock screen is also a bit screwed up, as well as the "slide to power off" slider when shutting the device down. The home screen photo doesn't show up in the App switcher for the home page, maybe you could add something that takes a temporary screenshot for this when you exit the application to enter the menu? Also could you disable round switches by default? It does seem to make devices quite slow, especially first generation devices (iPhone 2G and iPod Touch 1G).

If possible, since the YouTube app doesn't work anymore, could you either remove it or get it working again, even if you just hide the icon and add a Safari link instead, that would be perfect.

The control center is awesome, but it has in the past crashed some applications and even once sent an iPod Touch 2G into safe mode. Email me if you want more or full details, but I'll save that story for later.

Is it possible to let people choose what base apps they want to remove with some sort of menu or something? I'd like to know whether or not it's possible to change / hide the base iOS applications from view.

Finally, for my only (possibly difficult / impossible) true application request: Would it be possible to change the default Messages app to something else / get the old Skype versions working properly again? Maybe some sort of fix or replacement? I'd also like to see something like iFunBox incorporated be default if that's not too much to ask, and it seems pretty logical that you would add it at some point to me.

[qoute]
Whited00r Betas/Beta Testers?
Whited00r used to release betas to the public, but not anymore. Too many people skimmed over the very important word "beta" and just wanted the latest (and not always greatest) software from us. That lead to many forum posts and angry people when something didn't work, because they didn't realize or care it was beta and still a work in progress. None of them were helpful and constructive to towards debugging, and even when some users were, they were quickly buried by other people posting non-constructive things. This slowed down development quite a lot, and thus pushed back the official release, and ended up just angering the public and dropping down the reputation of whited00r's work by a lot.
[/quote]
Even though I did thoroughly read above, I'm still here to help if needed, I've got every iPhone generation up the the 4S, and the 2G in duplicates, as well as the iPod Touch 1G and two iPod Touch 2Gs. contact me if you need any help with anything hardware-related, I've got time and devices to waste if needed.

Sorry for the clearly (as I realize now) long post, but I do hope it wasn't too terribly full of errors and will be of some help in the construction of the new version of the I must say excellent Whited00r.

If you decide to take any of my ideas or have anything to say about my post or it's contents, please do tell me so that next time I may be more helpful to others (possibly including anyone that ends up reading this post) in the future.

Regards, FAMICOMASTER of AiO Softworks.
If you decide to take any of my ideas or have anything to say about my post or it's contents, please do tell me so that next time I may be more helpful to others (possibly including anyone that ends up reading this post) in the future.

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
Re: Some Suggestions for future versions
« Reply #230 on: February 22, 2016, 05:42:55 AM »
Hello, I'm new here (but not to Whited00r) and I have a few suggestions here and there for you, and I have read the posting rules at the start of the thread and have tried my best to be as constructive and helpful as is humanly possible with my vocabulary, so here goes:

Welcome to the forums then!

I'd like to request that folders be changed to look more like the quote-on-quote "Real" iOS 7/8/9 folders look like instead of the current iOS 4/5/6 look they have in Whited00r 7.1, the same goes for the Notes application. Maybe add some kind of Notifications center and / or a Spotlight search like in iOS 7 if possible, where you swipe down from the center of the screen to bring down the search bar?
That would require redoing the folders tweak, which while it is possible, probably won't happen for a while I'm afraid.
The notification center is quite easy to do for a basic one, and spotlight search is easy too. That's on the big to-do list we have :)

The Siri clone (Sara) doesn't work at all on the iPhone 2G and wouldn't even launch on the iPhone 3G. Didn't try on the iPod Touch 1G/2G because neither have a microphone, so would you mind packaging something slightly better or somehow getting Voice Control from the iPhone 3GS / iPhone 4?
Yeah, the server it used went down ages ago so it no longer works. Voice control can't be ported because it requires a higher firmware than 3.1.3. (unless the iPhone 3GS had it on 3.1.3)

The camera on the iPhone 2G is completely screwed up for both of my devices, the photos always turn out green and black (sometimes a bit of yellow but that's besides the point) and super grainy. Sometimes bookmarks won't go into folders, and sometimes all the icons won't fall all the way onto the home screen or leave a trail of sorts that goes between both pages of applications that I have.
I'm not sure about the camera, have you tried it in safe mode to see if it is a tweak causing the issue?
That's a known folders issue and won't be fixed until we remake the folders tweak. (we don't have the source to it because it was done ages ago and never given to us)

There are a few debilitating and some just annoying graphical issues, such as how in the Contact application the borders for the photos don't work, as well as the fonts in some of the applications are just barely visible by their outline (such as song title in Music), making these apps difficult and in some cases impossible (or at least nearly so) to use properly or without too much trouble.
Graphical issues will be addressed moreso after we port what we can from Grayd00r's UI tweak, because that handles things better :)

The charging lock screen is also a bit screwed up, as well as the "slide to power off" slider when shutting the device down.
This also will be fixed after we port Grayd00r's lock screen plugin system. (which also allows for even cooler stuff)

The home screen photo doesn't show up in the App switcher for the home page, maybe you could add something that takes a temporary screenshot for this when you exit the application to enter the menu?
Did you happen to disable the advanced options for "Homescreen snapshot" and "App snapshots"? (or something like that, it's been a while since I've used whited00r). Those are what make the snapshots, and it does include the homepage, or should when it works.

Also could you disable round switches by default? It does seem to make devices quite slow, especially first generation devices (iPhone 2G and iPod Touch 1G).
I think we should too, because while it makes a good first presentation visually, actually using it is not so nice. (some people like it though, which is why we have it)

If possible, since the YouTube app doesn't work anymore, could you either remove it or get it working again, even if you just hide the icon and add a Safari link instead, that would be perfect.
Perhaps just hide it is better, in case for some reason people want to use it.
As for fixing it, I don't know if we can (same with most closed API things)

The control center is awesome, but it has in the past crashed some applications and even once sent an iPod Touch 2G into safe mode. Email me if you want more or full details, but I'll save that story for later.

It depends on the usage of it, I'd need details on how to reproduce the bug.

Is it possible to let people choose what base apps they want to remove with some sort of menu or something? I'd like to know whether or not it's possible to change / hide the base iOS applications from view.

It is possible, but it's not implemented. It's easy enough to hide them via file system editing.

Finally, for my only (possibly difficult / impossible) true application request: Would it be possible to change the default Messages app to something else / get the old Skype versions working properly again? Maybe some sort of fix or replacement? I'd also like to see something like iFunBox incorporated be default if that's not too much to ask, and it seems pretty logical that you would add it at some point to me.
Sadly we can't fix old apps that no longer work due to API changes server side, as that is closed source and we also don't have the time or resources to create/maintain a patch that may work, if it's even possible.

Even though I did thoroughly read above, I'm still here to help if needed, I've got every iPhone generation up the the 4S, and the 2G in duplicates, as well as the iPod Touch 1G and two iPod Touch 2Gs. contact me if you need any help with anything hardware-related, I've got time and devices to waste if needed.

We don't have any betas at the moment, as we are working on Grayd00r for now :(

Sorry for the clearly (as I realize now) long post, but I do hope it wasn't too terribly full of errors and will be of some help in the construction of the new version of the I must say excellent Whited00r.

This was a very good post, thank you! :)

Offline FAMICOMASTER

• It won't let me select multiple devices...
    • View Profile
    • AiO Softworks Homepage
  • Device: iPhone 2G
« Reply #231 on: March 02, 2016, 11:37:40 PM »
Welcome to the forums then!
That would require redoing the folders tweak, which while it is possible, probably won't happen for a while I'm afraid.
The notification center is quite easy to do for a basic one, and spotlight search is easy too. That's on the big to-do list we have :)

Yeah, the server it used went down ages ago so it no longer works. Voice control can't be ported because it requires a higher firmware than 3.1.3. (unless the iPhone 3GS had it on 3.1.3)
I'm not sure about the camera, have you tried it in safe mode to see if it is a tweak causing the issue?
That's a known folders issue and won't be fixed until we remake the folders tweak. (we don't have the source to it because it was done ages ago and never given to us)

Graphical issues will be addressed moreso after we port what we can from Grayd00r's UI tweak, because that handles things better :)
This also will be fixed after we port Grayd00r's lock screen plugin system. (which also allows for even cooler stuff)
Did you happen to disable the advanced options for "Homescreen snapshot" and "App snapshots"? (or something like that, it's been a while since I've used whited00r). Those are what make the snapshots, and it does include the homepage, or should when it works.

I think we should too, because while it makes a good first presentation visually, actually using it is not so nice. (some people like it though, which is why we have it)
Perhaps just hide it is better, in case for some reason people want to use it.
As for fixing it, I don't know if we can (same with most closed API things)

It depends on the usage of it, I'd need details on how to reproduce the bug.

It is possible, but it's not implemented. It's easy enough to hide them via file system editing.
Sadly we can't fix old apps that no longer work due to API changes server side, as that is closed source and we also don't have the time or resources to create/maintain a patch that may work, if it's even possible.

We don't have any betas at the moment, as we are working on Grayd00r for now :(

This was a very good post, thank you! :)

Huh. This answers most of my questions, thanks!

Exact events:
Open Notes
Open control center
change brightness
close control center
type about 7 or 8 letters
Notes crashes

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
« Reply #232 on: March 02, 2016, 11:42:40 PM »
Huh. This answers most of my questions, thanks!

Exact events:
Open Notes
Open control center
change brightness
close control center
type about 7 or 8 letters
Notes crashes

Thanks for the bug report, I'll look into it when I have time/redo the control center to use the backend from Grayd00r. :)

Offline Chris M.

• View Profile
« Reply #233 on: July 02, 2016, 08:26:49 PM »
i suggest you to put in the next whited00r firmware a reset to default settings in configurator, cause i enabled some features and some times i forgot how the default settings look, but sometimes i want to bring them back cause with them disabled you have much more speed :) hope you understand what i mean

Offline Chris M.

• View Profile
« Reply #234 on: July 07, 2016, 04:04:51 PM »
And a very cool new feature will be the Notification/Updates tab in the AppTimeMachine! Where you can see what apps where submited recently(for example which new games where submitted, so i don't need to view the full 500 games list to see what's new) and if there are some apps updates/newer versions(for example there are 3 versions of facebook on ATM, v.3.2 v.3.5 and v.4.0) so i don't need to open everytime ATM and search a newer app version available for me. And please fix the AppTimeMachine display list, for people to see all the apps, cause i need everytime to close and then open ATM for list to be updated and most of times there are displayed the same apps :( App Store has a solution for it, cause in their store are thousands of apps and it will take too much time to load that page for displaying all of those, so they are showing a list of 25 apps and on the bottom of the page is a option available: "Load 25 more apps...?" . It will be very nice to do this forAppTimeMachine. Thanks :)

Offline dellieuxr

• View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #235 on: July 08, 2016, 10:35:31 AM »
I agree, because going into a category of apps only shows... 50 ? (I didn't count)

Offline dellieuxr

• View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #236 on: July 08, 2016, 10:36:35 AM »
And the AppTimeMachine separated from the App Store so you don't have to do it manually (or a menu like Whited00r 6)

Offline Chris M.

• View Profile
« Reply #237 on: July 08, 2016, 12:08:42 PM »
yeah

Offline Chris M.

• View Profile
« Reply #238 on: July 13, 2016, 04:57:24 PM »
Most of us (maybe all) know that whited00r has 2 types of App Switchers: 1. iOS 7 style and 2. Manual Multitasking. I want to say one thing about multitasking: for REAL multitasking we need to enable the backgrounder for apps to run in background, yes? backgrounder works in both app switchers but it has better options in  manual multitasking switcher. But since it niw it Whited00r 7 released and i'm commenting now on a Whited00r 8 suggestion post, i think it's time to update the "card" like switcher which is present in both iOS 7 and 8, to make it more useful when backgrounder is enabled. First, when i'm manual and i'm putting an app in background i can disable it easy and fast by double tapping the home and removing it from the bar, in card switcher this feature is not available, you can swith through the apps putted  in background fast but not closing them completely until you open the appband hold the homebto disable backgrounding. And when i'm switching from app to app the snapshot feature snapshots my multitasking (like in the image below)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 05:02:52 PM by Chris M. »

Offline Chris M.

• View Profile
« Reply #239 on: July 17, 2016, 02:09:45 PM »
And it'll be good if you will change the yellow  magnifying glass to white in notes app and the vertical bar after the words to blue(sorry if it's badly explained but i think you understamd the idea :) )