Author Topic: iPhone 1st gen unable to make calls after restoring to stock from WD  (Read 2210 times)

Offline JrPac

• Whited00r iPod iPhone User
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 2G
  • My Computer: Windows
For a morning, I installed WD 7.1 after having been on iOS 1.1.4 to do some bug tests. However after using my usual downgrade method this time, I simply get one bar with no carrier which eventually turns into No Service.

My downgrade method is on an XP and 7 machine, starting on stock 3.1.3, then downgrading to 3.0 in iTunes 11, then downgrading to 1.1.4 on iTunes 7.5. Once on 1.1.4 I use Ziphone to erase the baseband, restore to 1.1.4 again to add the right baseband, then using Ziphone again to hacktivate it. However after installing WD 7.1 this time I have been unable to get any cell on 1.1.4. It works on 3.0 and 3.1.3 however I'm really not a fan of those on iPhone 2G.

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
  • Device: iPhone 3G
  • My Computer: Linux
Re: iPhone 1st gen unable to make calls after restoring to stock from WD
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2014, 05:45:02 AM »
Try restoring to stock 3.1.3 first, and then to whited00r 7.  Whited00r 7 does not come with a baseband on any of the firmwares as far as I know, it just uses what was on the system before the restore, so it is possible the baseband you have is not compatible with 3.1.3, at least not very well.

Or are you not getting service after downgrading back down again after having used it?  Anything after a restore is no longer an issue with whited00r, as nothing persists past the restore.  Perhaps just try the downgrade again? Could have just been a fluke.

Offline JrPac

• Whited00r iPod iPhone User
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 2G
  • My Computer: Windows
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2014, 01:49:06 PM »
I am trying to get down to 1.1.4 as I do not favor iOS 7, nothing against WD7. :( I only had issues this time around.
I have found a tutorial to fix this problem I'm having, though it downgrades to 1.0. :D Currently preparing to install real XP on a computer in order to perform the downgrade.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 02:00:46 PM by JrPac »

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
  • Device: iPhone 3G
  • My Computer: Linux
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2014, 07:46:24 PM »