Author Topic: iPhone 3G WD7.1 Not Charging, Overheating, and Has Less Battery Life  (Read 4012 times)

Offline akberali932

• Whited00r iPod iPhone User
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 3G
  • My Computer: Windows
ok so I have an iphone 3g which was working fine with ios 4.2.1 then I updated it with whitedoor    7 . At first it was working fine but because I like to play games on my iphone so I turned off everything bluetooth , control centre , multitasking etc only copy paste , cell services and assistive touch are enbled it was all going fine but suddenly I am expereincing these problem

1) battery drains very fast even when iphone is in sleep mode

2) iphone doesnt charge at first time even for hours if my iphone is on 20% and after one hour it proceeds only to 40% and  the back is very heated but when I connect it one more time after removing (2nd time) it doesn't take much time for full charge but the back cover heats up everytime

3) when I play games , stream videos , watch movies iphone heats up and battery drains
« Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 03:47:33 AM by Bruan »

Offline [email protected]

• SuperHero Member
  • Old is Smart!
    • View Profile
Re: IPHONE NOT CHARGING , OVERHEATING AND HAVING LESS BATTERY LIFE
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2014, 05:41:37 PM »
ok so i have an iphone 3g which was working fine with ios 4.2.1 then i updated it with whitedoor    7 . At first it was working fine but because i like to play games on my iphone so i turned off everything bluetooth , control centre , multitasking etc only copy paste , cell services and assistive touch are enbled it was all going fine but suddenly i am expereincing these problem

1) battery drains very fast even when iphone is in sleep mode

2) iphone doesnt charge at first time even for hours if my iphone is on 20% and after one hour it proceeds only to 40% and  the back is very heated but when i connect it one more time after removing (2nd time) it doesn't take much time for full charge but the back cover heats up everytime

3) when i play games , stream videos , watch movies iphone heats up and battery drains
hi
1)I have noticed that there is a simple solution you have to respring or reboot the it would become normal try typeing this code in terminal
Code: [Select]
su
alpine
reboot
if that dosent work try hard reset by holding the power button and home button at the same time till the apple logo appers
3)there is something called quick game mod by bruan which you can use better the desabling control center and all that :)
www.whited00r.com/forum/index.php/topic,9072.0.html
New Thinking New Possiblities.
Proud owner of the legendary iPhone 3G.
And Proud Owner of the best budget phone Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 and iPad 3

Offline MarioKartEpicness

• IPA God
  • SuperHero Member
  • MKE and Dog, reporting for duty!
    • View Profile
  • Device: Does Not Own iDevice ARMv6
Re: IPHONE NOT CHARGING , OVERHEATING AND HAVING LESS BATTERY LIFE
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2014, 01:24:59 AM »
The not charging problem is probably your cable. As for the battery; I have the same problem. 😞 Unless you replace the battery, you'll be stuck with it.
You see this dog? Yeah, she's my cute dog. (☞゚∀゚)☞

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
  • My Computer: Linux
Re: iPhone 3G WD7.1 Not Charging, Overheating, and Has Less Battery Life
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2014, 03:52:19 AM »
Welcome to the forums :)

When you restored to whited00r (are you on 7, or 7.1?), did you set up as a new device in iTunes, or restore from a backup to get your data back?

Battery wise, 3.1.3 does have worse battery life in general than 4.2.1 does, it's not to any fault of whited00r for that, especially if you disabled more features, you should actually have better battery life than stock 3.1.3 gets.

The not charging and the heating up while charging sounds like a cable issue though, have you tried a different cable, or a different wall charger, if you aren't using an official apple one?  (Check the voltages on it to make sure it matches up with the official ones!)

Offline luunhatminh1999

• I'll make the world go round.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2014, 02:26:11 PM »
I never experienced battery leak problem. However, if I mess with WD configurator and respring -> battery leak, even just turn off features or respring for nothing. But if I reboot after respring, guess what? Everything back to normal. Just draining only 1% every 6h or more. I have an iPhone 2G used as an alarm clock which is on WD 7.1, has massive battery: 100% -> 0% for 20 days. If I have no school and leave it with no alarm, 30 days for the battery to run out :) pretty awesome
---------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike everything - except Whited00r 6 & Whited00r 7!
---------------------------------------------------------------

• IPA God
  • SuperHero Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2014, 03:28:39 AM »
My iPod 3G will not stay at 100 if it's un-plugged, even for a second. And in ten minutes it won't even stay at 90%

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
  • My Computer: Linux
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2014, 05:56:02 AM »
I never experienced battery leak problem. However, if I mess with WD configurator and respring -> battery leak, even just turn off features or respring for nothing. But if I reboot after respring, guess what? Everything back to normal. Just draining only 1% every 6h or more. I have an iPhone 2G used as an alarm clock which is on WD 7.1, has massive battery: 100% -> 0% for 20 days. If I have no school and leave it with no alarm, 30 days for the battery to run out :) pretty awesome

Now that is interesting, that could mean something in the feature set requires a reboot to take changes and instead causes a massive drain on the device because it has not been rebooted.  Thank you for that bit of information!  We will certainly look into that, to see what could cause it.

My iPod 3G will not stay at 100 if it's un-plugged, even for a second. And in ten minutes it won't even stay at 90%

Again that depends on your configuration, although that is an iPod touch 3G so not a whited00r issue per se, but still, that's pretty bad battery drain. Could be hardware, or maybe you just need to do a clean restore without any tweaks or restoring from a backup :p

Offline [email protected]

• SuperHero Member
  • Old is Smart!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2014, 10:30:47 AM »
as in my above post reboot or respring will do the trick i had this problem since installing whited00r 7.1 (i dont remember in WD7) if the phone charge is 100% just 5 mim after then it would about 70% and the phone will be hot (note that i wont be using anything )
New Thinking New Possiblities.
Proud owner of the legendary iPhone 3G.
And Proud Owner of the best budget phone Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 and iPad 3

• IPA God
  • SuperHero Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2014, 01:47:21 PM »

Now that is interesting, that could mean something in the feature set requires a reboot to take changes and instead causes a massive drain on the device because it has not been rebooted.  Thank you for that bit of information!  We will certainly look into that, to see what could cause it.

Again that depends on your configuration, although that is an iPod touch 3G so not a whited00r issue per se, but still, that's pretty bad battery drain. Could be hardware, or maybe you just need to do a clean restore without any tweaks or restoring from a backup :p
I actually reset and re-jailbroke it recently. while I haven't enabled battery percentage yet I'll do it eventually to see if there's any difference. ;)