Support - Whited00r Custom iOS for iPhone 2G, 3G & iPod Touch 1G & 2G > Hardware Problems - iPhone 2G, iPhone 3G or iPod Touch 1G & iPod Touch 2G

Iphone 3G "No Wifi" Greyed Out Wifi Settings Option

(1/3) > >>

DannyPhan:
My iPhone 3G has no Wifi. It says in Settings (where I should be able to enable Wifi) 'No Wifi' in grey color.
I don't even get to open the Wifi section.
Is there an alternative way to fix the problem rather than replace the Wifi hardware ?

iTechy21 Moderator note: Edited thread title to add relevant keywords as described in Whited00r 7: Tips to Quickly Solve your Problems/Bugs & Get Answers FAST!

iTechy21:
Have you tried to see if the setting is greyed out on the stock version of IOS and try a restore anyway as it may fix your issue.

DannyPhan:
It greyed out even on stock ios version.
And I tried restoring but it didn't work, still 'No Wifi'

iTechy21:

--- Quote from: DannyPhan on July 02, 2014, 09:57:35 AM ---It greyed out even on stock ios version.
And I tried restoring but it didn't work, still 'No Wifi'

--- End quote ---
Could you go to settings -> General -> About
and then could you post the Modem firmware here.

You could try putting it in the fridge for a few hours a well

Bruan:
What iOS version is this?  If you do have a baseband version though, and are on stock iOS, I would say this is a hardware issue :(

Putting the iPhone in the fridge is not a permanent or good solution. It may work, for like 5 minutes or maybe even a day, but it is bad for the hardware.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version