Support - Whited00r Custom iOS for iPhone 2G, 3G & iPod Touch 1G & 2G > Tutorials - Whited00r - iOS 3.1.3 - iOS 4.2.1

iCloud Drive Alternative? Transfer Any File Remotely To iPod/iPhone

(1/2) > >>

Haksbelik:
Hi.  Haksbelik here again with a wonderful tip I just happened to come across while browsing for apps. This is not exactly related to the Whited00r project and it's specific operations, but this place just happens to be a good spot to instruct people with older devices that don't have icloud. The aim of this is not to have it function *exactly* like icloud, but just to be a convenient way to transfer files onto their iPod.

There is this app called "mbDrive Free" on the Appstore, and it "transforms your iPhone or iPod Touch into a wireless flash disk". Personally, I think it's really neat, as I kind of have a thing with Apple blocking off the file system and such. Plus, it's wireless and you can save it as a mapped network drive (kudos to Chris M. for showing me how to do this) and then reconnect super fast whenever you need too. The only downside I have to this app is that it limits your available space to 64mb in the free version. I'll see if I can find another app similar to this that's still compatible for Whited00r users. Updates on that later.

Soo... INSTRUCTIONS *TAKE TWO*!

WINDOWS USERS:

1. Download "mbDrive Free" from the Apple app store and install.

2.  Open App and note the address at the bottom. Should look like this:  http://112.345.678.9:8080  (<-- Don't click that.)

3. Go to Computer and in the top menu click "Map Network Drive". Choose the drive letter, and type the address in the box. Click Finish.

MAC USERS:

1. Download "mbDrive Free" from the Apple app store and install.

2.  Open App and note the address at the bottom. Should look like this:  http://112.345.678.9:8080  (<--- Don't click that.)

3.  Open Finder and select "Connect to Server..."

4. Type the address in the Server Address box and click Connect.

OK. I would just like to say sorry to all the Linux users who I could not figure out how to map a network drive for. I have failed you :(

Anyway, I am going to try to find another app like this that maybe doesn't limit space like this one does. But this one's pretty good too. Oh well...

Chris M.:
Hello! And thank you for sharing this app :) Very useful

Haksbelik:

--- Quote from: Chris M. on July 23, 2016, 08:00:03 AM ---Hello! And thank you for sharing this app :) Very useful

--- End quote ---

Thanks. Sorry for the instructions delay (I had to go to bed). Basically, you use WinSCP to connect remotely to the app (like the VLC Remote App. SO COOL! I use TinyCore Linux on one of my laptops, and VLC tops everything!). Anybody who has ever SSH'ed into their iDevice should know what to do here.

Chris M.:

--- Quote from: Haksbelik on July 23, 2016, 02:18:12 PM ---Thanks. Sorry for the instructions delay (I had to go to bed). Basically, you use WinSCP to connect remotely to the app (like the VLC Remote App. SO COOL! I use TinyCore Linux on one of my laptops, and VLC tops everything!). Anybody who has ever SSH'ed into their iDevice should know what to do here.

--- End quote ---
You can do this without WinSCP :)

Haksbelik:
Oh OK! So I can connect by using "Map Network Drive". Well that makes things simpler O_o.  I'll modify my directions accordingly. Thanks a lot!

-- Thinking to myself btw, "Why did I not see that..."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version