Author Topic: I'm a newbie here at Whited00r... I need answers! please!  (Read 4567 times)

Offline ianzro

• whited00r.com
    • View Profile
I'm a newbie here at Whited00r... I need answers! please!
« on: May 03, 2011, 06:00:46 AM »
1st of all let me introduce myself...I'm just a filipino kid... I have a sh*tty iphone 3g that isn't carrier unlocked with an iOs 4.2.1 with baseband 5.14.02

My questions:
1.) Is this whited00r iOs faster than the original jailbroken iOs?
2.) What do you mean by iOs 4 based and iOs 3 based whited00r iOs? Does it affect my apps or features only?
3.) What if I install this whited00r iOs... is it still possible to use iOs 4 apps and can I disable multitasking features and other features that I don't want?

Offline blued00r

• Exile
  • SuperHero Member
    • View Profile
Re: I'm a newbie here at Whited00r... I need answers! please!
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2011, 11:56:18 AM »
1). whited00r is way faster
2).ios4 based is ios4 and ios 3 is 3.1.3, and yes only ios4 can play ios 4 apps
3). if you install ios 3 you will not be able to play ios4 app. but with ios4 you can play ios4 apps

Offline RagingNinja

• SuperHero Member
  • Ninja
    • View Profile
    • Whited00r
  • Device: iPhone 2G
  • My Computer: Windows
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2011, 08:21:28 PM »
@Ianzro

Yes. Whited00r is EXTREMELY faster than Stock Apple Firmware (Its more optimized for the poor hardware in the earlier generation iPhones/iPod Touch's)

iOS 3 Based WD is iOS 3.1.3 (Modified to be faster, and have iOS 4 TYPE of features such as folders, multitasking and Wallpaper)

iOS 4 Based WD is a version of iOS 4.x (I think its iOS 4.0.2 but it MIGHT be iOS 4.2.1). It is also modified just to be faster)
iPhone 2G, 8GB - iPhone 4S, 16GB, iOS v6.1
Multi-Tasking v1.0.3 - Folders v1.2.1 - iOS 3 Wallpaper 1.0.2(1)
WD Recommended/Compatible Tweaks, Themes, etc. | My Repo: cydia.ragingninja.bplaced.net

Offline ianzro

• whited00r.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2011, 08:08:42 AM »
Thanks to you both for replying... now I've downloaded my first whited00r iOs.. and I've chosen iOs 3 based... to make my iphone run more faster... :)

Still... I searched around the net for any other updates or upgrades that I can do to my iphone and I found something interesting called Bootlace or linux on iphone! Is this version of whited00r compatible to dual-booting of android? :D I was just wandering... ^_^

and last question...

In the net, some are saying that this kind of iOs... is like... OVERCLOCKED or it reduces battery life? is it true? cause I think it doesn't affect it right? it doesn't have any hardware problems especially on WiFi?

I'll just pray for the right answer... =)) HAHAHA...

Offline RagingNinja

• SuperHero Member
  • Ninja
    • View Profile
    • Whited00r
  • Device: iPhone 2G
  • My Computer: Windows
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2011, 09:26:45 AM »
BootLace uses iBoot to dual boot android. So yes it is compatible and tested with the WD firmware. Not sure on the Linux thing.

Our users who have had battery/ wifi problems is NOT the WD firmware that is effecting it. It is a hardware problem.  But also, no. Whited00r is not over clocked.
iPhone 2G, 8GB - iPhone 4S, 16GB, iOS v6.1
Multi-Tasking v1.0.3 - Folders v1.2.1 - iOS 3 Wallpaper 1.0.2(1)
WD Recommended/Compatible Tweaks, Themes, etc. | My Repo: cydia.ragingninja.bplaced.net

Offline ianzro

• whited00r.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2011, 01:06:11 PM »
I therefore conclude that this is the best iOs to use... :D HAHA... thank you for clarifying that to me... ^_^

Offline Jonny86

• whited00r.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2011, 09:15:25 AM »
first, sorry about my (maybe) bad english...

I have a iphone 3g. My FW was 3.1.2 before i used Whited00r. I thought it will became 4.+ ... now I see in iTunes its 3.1.3  but with all the ios4 features.

my problem is now... i can't use all ios4 apps. alwas when i will download one, is their a message that i must have ios4....  that means im still in 3.1.3 and not in ios 4 ?!

i thought i have ios 4 with whited00r?!

Offline Jonny86

• whited00r.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2011, 09:29:13 AM »
I forgott to say that i downloaded the unlocked whited00r version for 3g

their is a ios4 based version called " iPhone 3G iOS4 Normal" but is this version unlocked?. if not... where can i find the unlocked version?

sorry about my maybee stupide questions...:/

Offline awesomeness

• whited00r.com
    • View Profile
    • awsomenesshappens.tk
I'm a newbie here at Whited00r... I need answers! please!
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2011, 01:31:46 PM »

There is a ios3 based and 4 based of Whited00r 3 is faster but 4 can install apps

Offline CHICK3N

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2011, 02:00:41 PM »
Read my topic about the installation process of Whited00r (doesn't matter if it's iPhone OS 3.1.3 based or iOS 4 based is. My topic works with both of the OS's.)