Author Topic: Darlo's Folders release 1.2.1  (Read 9229 times)

Offline Alavi

• Naib
    • View Profile
    • www.macola.rs
Darlo's Folders release 1.2.1
« on: May 04, 2011, 02:00:18 AM »

~UPDATE~

Don't forget to update to the LATEST iOS 3 Folders (v1.2.1)

Changelog:

- Graphics improved again, hue/saturation wise, to look better on the older screens.

Download Link:http://www.mediafire.com/?xzb9x1spw9085up

(If that link is broken.... Please Contact Darlo770 OR One of the whited00r team members)

Mirror 1:http://bit.ly/gYhwCy

To install new release, just put the deb into Cydia Autoinstall folder, or install from WD repo (incoming).

Offline Cdick

• View Profile
Re: Darlo's Folders release 1.2.1
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2011, 01:14:46 PM »
Dear sir,

I like to ask 2 things:

Will it up to repo so we can install it directly through Cydia?

Do we still need to uninstall old iOS Folder first to install upgrade?

Thanks

Offline Alavi

• Naib
    • View Profile
    • www.macola.rs
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2011, 01:58:35 PM »
Dear sir,

I like to ask 2 things:

Will it up to repo so we can install it directly through Cydia?

Do we still need to uninstall old iOS Folder first to install upgrade?

Thanks
well, i am not in charge of the repo, PHILLIP is.
so only he can put it in there :)

and yes, you DO NOT have to uninstall the old ones anymore :)

Offline Cdick

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2011, 02:36:36 PM »
Thanks for quick reply

One more question, is it only for WD 4.3.1
I'm still on WD4.1

Offline Alavi

• Naib
    • View Profile
    • www.macola.rs
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2011, 05:10:00 PM »
I don't know, but i would urge you to move to 431, it is MUCH MUCH faster and more stable :)

Offline RagingNinja

• SuperHero Member
  • Ninja
    • View Profile
    • Whited00r
  • Device: iPhone 2G
  • My Computer: Windows
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2011, 05:58:23 PM »
Thanks for quick reply

One more question, is it only for WD 4.3.1
I'm still on WD4.1

No. The version of Folders has nothing to do with the version of Whited00r. Folders v1.2.1 will work on any version of iOS. (Except below 3.x)

But yes, I agree with Alavi. I would urge you as well to upgrade. The speed difference between WD v4.1 and v4.3.1 is amazing.
iPhone 2G, 8GB - iPhone 4S, 16GB, iOS v6.1
Multi-Tasking v1.0.3 - Folders v1.2.1 - iOS 3 Wallpaper 1.0.2(1)
WD Recommended/Compatible Tweaks, Themes, etc. | My Repo: cydia.ragingninja.bplaced.net

Offline omarvtec

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2011, 02:28:33 AM »
if I install this version on  WD4.3.1, no conflicts with their default folders?

Offline RagingNinja

• SuperHero Member
  • Ninja
    • View Profile
    • Whited00r
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2011, 07:02:16 AM »
if I install this version on  WD4.3.1, no conflicts with their default folders?

No. The only thing is... it will kick all of your apps OUT of your folders. You will have to put them ALL back in.. Sorry

The new way Folders deals with the filesystem overwrites the previous folders. It does not merge like Folders v1.0.4-2 and below.
WD Recommended/Compatible Tweaks, Themes, etc. | My Repo: cydia.ragingninja.bplaced.net

Offline Bambalazs

• Everything is Energy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2011, 02:51:27 PM »
You can download it from my repo: http://cydia.myrepospace.com/Bambalazs/  ;)

Offline Striggler

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2011, 08:57:31 PM »
You can download it from my repo: http://cydia.myrepospace.com/Bambalazs/  ;)

Thanks. Clearly isn't as difficult to put up on a Repo as I've been told. ;)

Anyway, now I've used it...how many others have? It's got a few quirks... ???

And yes, I ran the Reconfigure Directories thing in the Folders Help app that's installed.

OK, I'm running it on 3.1.2, but there is so little difference between that and 3.1.3, I hoped that wouldn't be an issue.

I tried renaming a folder... but what button do you press when you've done entering the text?

The Return button maybe? No, that's greyed out. I randomly pressed somewhere else on the screen to see if it will accept what I've typed.

That sort of worked...in that it crashed the phone. :(

I rebooted and tried to rename it again. Except...how do you do that?

After about 20 seconds randomly alternating between stabbing and holding the folder icon - after holding the icon to get them to jiggle as usual - the Rename Folder option popped up. But.... then it went away immediately, as the iphone buffered several of my key presses and decided one of them was 'close rename folders'.

Eventually I got it to open and I got to rename it. But again: Greyed out Return button. Randomly stabbing at some other area of the screen crashed the phone again, but this time the name stuck.

I guess developing apps for a 2g, but using a 3g iphone isn't that easy.

So... I'll be uninstalling it, as I don't really want it doing what 1.0.4-2 did when it spazzed out and required a restore.  ::)

I hope it will unConfigure my Directories when it's uninstalled...

Offline Striggler

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2011, 09:09:38 PM »
OK, I tried again and it is possible, but takes some getting used to if you've used 'real' folders.

Clicking on the folder icon is like 'Return' when you've finished rename it.

There is a 'Done' button on 4.2.1, The Return should act like it - it's in the same place - instead of being greyed out.

A very well timed tap and press will allow you to open the folder for renaming again.

It's not really like folders on my 3G at all though. The timing is much too precise.

And when you remove something from a folder it dumps it in the first space available - on the Home page - which means I have to drag it to the page the folder was on.

If while doing that you pass over some icons that it thinks you want to make into folders, they have a permanent halo around them until you do a respring.

So, maybe I'll try it a bit longer after all, but waiting eagerly for 1.2.2.  ;)

Offline Alavi

• Naib
    • View Profile
    • www.macola.rs
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2011, 10:22:50 PM »
OK, I tried again and it is possible, but takes some getting used to if you've used 'real' folders.

Clicking on the folder icon is like 'Return' when you've finished rename it.

There is a 'Done' button on 4.2.1, The Return should act like it - it's in the same place - instead of being greyed out.

A very well timed tap and press will allow you to open the folder for renaming again.

It's not really like folders on my 3G at all though. The timing is much too precise.

And when you remove something from a folder it dumps it in the first space available - on the Home page - which means I have to drag it to the page the folder was on.

If while doing that you pass over some icons that it thinks you want to make into folders, they have a permanent halo around them until you do a respring.

So, maybe I'll try it a bit longer after all, but waiting eagerly for 1.2.2.  ;)
idk, im using Whited00r 4.3.1 full and i have a genuine iphone 4g next to it, theres almost no difference. :)

Offline RagingNinja

• SuperHero Member
  • Ninja
    • View Profile
    • Whited00r
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2011, 10:31:47 PM »
Well of course Darlo770's Folders are never going to be quite like iOS 4.x Folders. @Alavi, FYI its not "iPhone 4G" its just the "iPhone 4" lol

Just had to say that. It drives me nuts when my dad (Old guy) is like "Yea! I want the iPhone... uh... 4G". LOL

Offline Striggler

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2011, 05:10:51 PM »

... {snip}
idk, im using Whited00r 4.3.1 full and i have a genuine iphone 4g next to it, theres almost no difference. :)

Well, that almost is the crucial bit, isn't it?  ;)

I've got an 8Gb 3G with 4.2.1 as well as a 16Gb 2G and having a phone in each hand and doing the same things at the same time, I see quite a difference.

With 1.2.1, the response is a) too fussy and b) too laggy. It seems to buffer several presses and then does several things at once. It keeps opening up Apps from within a folder when I'm just trying to close it after renaming it. It should absorb presses that mean nothing in the context of opening/creating/moving a folder and ignore them.

Also, after creating a folder and closing it, try returning to normal operation by pressing home to stop the icons wiggling. It takes about 5 seconds after pressing home before it finally decides it's done.

I am getting used to it, and after playing with it for a while, I'm finding it difficult to make it misbehave. But the thing is, I'm now adapting to how it works, rather than it working in the same way as ios 4+.

That's also why it is difficult for Darlo to improve it, because he's also adapted to it and will find it difficult to make objective comparisons without having two phones next to each other. Which I don't think he has.